+ The Iron Without - Iron Warriors Painting Contest +

Doctor Perils

Pretty sure mine would only count as 50 since it's the single model for 1st vow, or is it different since it's a Chaos Lord and not just a random goon? If that's the case it would be 142 points for a Chaos Lord in Terminator armor w/VotLW, Chainfist and Lightning Claw, or to be fair 137 POINTS since VotLW isn't something that can be represented so it would artificially inflate the cost. Pic of the assembled model was posted in my vow post smile.png

Pretty sure mine would only count as 50 since it's the single model for 1st vow, or is it different since it's a Chaos Lord and not just a random goon? If that's the case it would be 142 points for a Chaos Lord in Terminator armor w/VotLW, Chainfist and Lightning Claw, or to be fair 137 POINTS since VotLW isn't something that can be represented so it would artificially inflate the cost. Pic of the assembled model was posted in my vow post smile.png

It's not a random goon, and is a legal unit according to the codex so it'll be worth 137 points - or if you feel up to painting detailed stuff to make him stand out even more, you can vow the Veterans of the Long War too smile.png

I don't believe my points matter because it's out of competition, right? Following that line Augustus' shouldn't count either.

Ah, I hadn't caught that they were going to be out of competition vows (for the moment I have only got in competition vows in the table - I haven't forgotten you Teentengee msn-wink.gif) - but keeping track of those can still be fun :)

Four questions:

-Will out-of-competition vows be recorded too (I know they won't be counted)?

-Will those who make an out-of-competition vow be allowed to bear the participation badge?

-To counter the problem with the lack of points in the vows, would it perhaps be an idea to alter the standard vow into the following?

I, [insert name here], vow on the honour of [insert Chapter/Legion name here] to fully paint at least [unit name, wargear, and quantity] from [source (ie. book, dataslate, etc)] with a total points value of [points] by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

-Are chaos units from Imperial Armour: Apocalypse allowed?

Four questions:

-Will out-of-competition vows be recorded too (I know they won't be counted)?

-Will those who make an out-of-competition vow be allowed to bear the participation badge?

-To counter the problem with the lack of points in the vows, would it perhaps be an idea to alter the standard vow into the following?

I, [insert name here], vow on the honour of [insert Chapter/Legion name here] to fully paint at least [unit name, wargear, and quantity] from [source (ie. book, dataslate, etc)] with a total points value of [points] by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

-Are chaos units from Imperial Armour: Apocalypse allowed?

• I think it would be nicest to record the ooc vows too, just as I'm going to be calculating the completion rate even if it has no bearing on the competition rate itself: I hope it can motivate us to do even better smile.png
  • It might be best to whip up a participation badge, but you can keep the current badge/medallion in the mean time
  • Darnit, I keep meaning to do that, and keep getting distracted. I'll do that now before going to bed. (thanks for typing it out already tongue.png)
  • Ah, er I'd say... yeeeess? Aren't they all in Imperial Armour Volume 13? Gah, too many publications! Take whichever is most up-to-date ;)

Okay, I've noticed that quite a few people are posting up their Grand Battalion or Grand Company number, and I find that absolutely great :) What's even greater is that no two numbers are identical!

Should we add that to the vow too? See if we can flesh out the Iron Warriors' command structure a bit more? We could also add the name of the Grand Battalion/Company's Warsmith if you wish?

Should we add that to the vow too? See if we can flesh out the Iron Warriors' command structure a bit more? We could also add the name of the Grand Battalion/Company's Warsmith if you wish?

The fluff of my warband is that they were made up from broken Grand Battalions/Companies and as such never had an original number, they just flocked to the Warsmith. I love that people do it and I love seeing it, but just so as you know my warband The Siege Makers never had a designation like that.

Lord Thorn, my vow is listed as without points. As single minis are allowed, can you put it down as 50? :)

Right you are :tu:

137 POINTS since VotLW isn't something that can be represented so it would artificially inflate the cost.

Severed Imperial Fist heads on the base. :tu:

As we have a separate rule for trophies, I'd rather see another way of representing votlw. However, if you have to choose one or the other, I'd choose the trophy as it is worth 10% of the points ;)

137 POINTS since VotLW isn't something that can be represented so it would artificially inflate the cost.

Severed Imperial Fist heads on the base. thumbsup.gif

Adding trophies to the model as well. We had a topic asking how member model Veteran of the Long war onto there Chaos Marines & had a lot cool idea.

Lord Thorn, my vow is listed as without points. As single minis are allowed, can you put it down as 50? :)

Right you are :tu:

Severed Imperial Fist heads on the base. :tu:
As we have a separate rule for trophies, I'd rather see another way of representing votlw. However, if you have to choose one or the other, I'd choose the trophy as it is worth 10% of the points ;)
Give them beards? Or model them all sat down bitching about 'we have not had a good dex since 3.5' on the internet, as thats what pops into my head whenever I think about VotLW. :lol:

Lord Thorn, I think it is an absolute farce (A FARCE I TELL YOU!) that your avatar is a Space Wolf logo, while the admin of our enemy's forum, Dosjetka, has clearly identified himself as a true Imperial Fist. 

Show your true colours, brother, and make this your avatar:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/XSE_bishop/pre_Iron_Warriors_Badge-1.jpg

;)

Lord Thorn, I think it is an absolute farce (A FARCE I TELL YOU!) that your avatar is a Space Wolf logo, while the admin of our enemy's forum, Dosjetka, has clearly identified himself as a true Imperial Fist. 

Show your true colours, brother, and make this your avatar:

I'll have to get myself my new Shoulderpad sorted. Mine would be the 30k version though. But thanks for the heads up ;)

If anybody wants to post up a short paragraph or two about their Grand Company/Grand Battalion/Warband/whatever, feel free to post it in this thread :)

You can have a look at the Imperial Fists successor concepts to see what kind of thing I'm thinking about.

Hey guys,

I will be vowing!!! I swear... Just waiting on some stuff to come in. Don't want to cash checks with my brush I can't keep.

If I'm using a Knight Errant in my legion force is it kosher to vow him? Or is that a no...?

Imperial Knights have no geneseed, and especially no IV legion geneseed. Not are they vehicles part of the Legion/Chapter proper. So unfortunately that's a no. sad.png

As Augustus said in the other thread, Knights aren't part of the Legion so no, they wouldn't qualify for an official vow. You can always do the Knight as an out-of-competition entry though.

And please...

jimbo13 was talking about Knights Errant, not Imperial Knights - however, I'd say that Knights Errant do not identify themselves as Sons of Dorn or Perturabo anymore, so in the same way, they do not qualify.

Question, can my ooc vow qualify me for a later in competition vow, even if it is after the first vow start point? If plastic Mark III come out, then I will likely make some iron warriors berzerkers from them, but if not I don't know if I will have the bits for it in time. I know I want to do the 'letters though.

I edited my vow post to have the right format, although I don't have points yet for it. (Particularly since I no longer use official codices, so my brassiron armour on the bloodletters won't be worth anything and I don't remember the normal upgrade costs off the top of my head anymore)

Question, can my ooc vow qualify me for a later in competition vow, even if it is after the first vow start point? If plastic Mark III come out, then I will likely make some iron warriors berzerkers from them, but if not I don't know if I will have the bits for it in time. I know I want to do the 'letters though.

Ummm. Let's say yes :) Just as long as you don't switch sides (this goes in both directions)

And thanks :tu:

Ummm. Let's say yes smile.png Just as long as you don't switch sides (this goes in both directions)

And thanks thumbsup.gif

Don't worry, no chance of that in the near future.

Didnt think about the new heresy boxset. If it is Mk3 stuff my Iron Warriors will go from a 'Im only doing a small army of these' to a massive force.

So much of this... Now let's hope they're properly generic, and not Space Wolves-specific as I am now dreading from the leaked sprue...

So anyone have any ideas on what to equip 30k BaC termies with? The Lightning claws are calling to me just so cool looking but I know they aren't the best option. Converting combi weapons on them just seems like such a pain, same with magnets. I think I'd rather just get more termies at that point. So any thoughts?

Didnt think about the new heresy boxset. If it is Mk3 stuff my Iron Warriors will go from a 'Im only doing a small army of these' to a massive force.

So much of this... Now let's hope they're properly generic, and not Space Wolves-specific as I am now dreading from the leaked sprue...

Im sure it will be fine. Just blinged up HQ minis, after all who would buy forge worlds over priced minis if they do generic HQs in the boxset.

If Im wrong then Ill have a sexy Space Wolf army, win win regardless for me. :)

So anyone have any ideas on what to equip 30k BaC termies with? The Lightning claws are calling to me just so cool looking but I know they aren't the best option. Converting combi weapons on them just seems like such a pain, same with magnets. I think I'd rather just get more termies at that point. So any thoughts?

Claws, rule of cool always wins. If you love how the mini looks you will paint it better.

Twin Bolters, Power Fist, and of course Cyclone Missile Lauchers! There's a reason we have the best terminators in the game!

Archived