+++Call of Chaos IX+++

Captain Semper

All right, time to try and redeem myself this time around, so going to a smallish vow :)

I Anselneo, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete

- Khârn the betrayer

- Great unclean one.

before December 15th 2016. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Ultimate Deception and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

Before Pics: The great unclean one has been like that since last call of chaos with a two primer coat. Hoping to get him finally painted.

29783437305_692db91334.jpg

I, MindOfMetal, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete:

1. Great Unclean One (pictured)

2. Daemon Prince of Nurgle (pictured)
3. 10 Plague Bearers (pictured)
4. 5 screamers of Tzeentch (picured and barely started)
5. A unit of 6 Nurgling bases (3 bases pictured, 3 unbuilt)
6. A herald of Tzeentch on disk (pictured)
7. 2 Heralds of Nurgle (one pictured, on unbuilt)
8. A herald of Khorne (pictured)
9. 5 Plague drones (unpictured and mostly unbuilt)

before December 15th 2016. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Ultimate Deception and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

gallery_80005_10591_2717.jpg

I Madkid523 answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete:
1.renegade basilisk
2.renegade support squad (5 teams)
3.renegade veteran squad (10 men)
4.renegade veteran squad (10 men)
5.renegade veteran squad (10 men)
6.renegade veteran squad (10 men)
7.renegade veteran squad (10 men)
8.chaos space marine squad (10 men)

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/connor_allen3/WP_20160919_15_42_23_Pro_zpskd6ykpzt.jpg

I Spiredfour, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete 1 Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour, 10 Daemonettes, 6 Cultists, 7 Noise Marines and a Herald of Slaanesh before December 15th 2016. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Ultimate Deception and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

Call of Chaos 1

Call of Chaos 2

May Slaanesh sing to your souls!

Aaaah, the siren call of the Eightfold Path!

Just a head's up --- are Dark Mechanicum models viable ....suitably heretical in scrapcodedrunes and such? I have a Peltast upgrade coming in and am sitting on a pack of Rangers.

Otherwise, it's diving the bits box before I can pledge my soul...

Great to see people joining in! :woot:

Now I'll be traveling until Thursday so there will be no update until Friday (never do updates from a mobile device). However I can still see B&C and post normally, so please keep the flow of the vows coming in and ask any questions you may have - I'll be here even if I don't update! ;)

@ Xin: Well, Dark Mechanicum is not a playable faction at this point so it kind of collides with the event's focus. By all means do them as out of competition - we all are fans of Dark Mechanicum I'm sure (I know I am) and would very much like to see them. But you'll need at least one mainstream Chaos unit from any official source to participate.

Great to see people joining in! woot.gif

Now I'll be traveling until Thursday so there will be no update until Friday (never do updates from a mobile device). However I can still see B&C and post normally, so please keep the flow of the vows coming in and ask any questions you may have - I'll be here even if I don't update! msn-wink.gif

I'll be looking forward to Friday then! Glory to Chaos!

@Xin: if you're looking for some extra motivation to paint your Dark Mechanicum force, you can still join us in the Gilgamesh Campaign (as can any other member of the Chaos Faction by the way). The Chaos War Host welcomes your fellows and we already have one of them among our numbers.

The link to the Thread here on B&C:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/322570-the-fate-of-gilgamesh/

Celtic_Cauldron

@ Xin: Well, Dark Mechanicum is not a playable faction at this point so it kind of collides with the event's focus. By all means do them as out of competition - we all are fans of Dark Mechanicum I'm sure (I know I am) and would very much like to see them. But you'll need at least one mainstream Chaos unit from any official source to participate.

This is an Outrage! "Not a playable faction"?! Once again hidebound backwardness and stuffed protocol stand in the way of true innovation! Of the eight folded enlightenment worthy of the true Omnissiah! Isn't this event supposed to glorify the Lord of Change?!

Well, off to the bits box then... I shall find something competition worthy to paint yet!

(And prepare my Peltasts for next year's Loyality and Treachery .... )

@Celtic Cauldron - Thanks for the invite! I'll be sure to look it up!

You could use them as counts as 'Heretek- Renegade Marauders' troops from the IA:13 Army list.  Lots of flexablity with that unit for counts as Dark Mechanicum.

You could use them as counts as 'Heretek- Renegade Marauders' troops from the IA:13 Army list.  Lots of flexablity with that unit for counts as Dark Mechanicum.

Yep. The list even has a heretek HQ upgrade ;)

Thanks for the replies. I felt it would be a bit like cheating to enter obviously Mechanicum units as " counts as " from the IA 13 list. ;)

Will give it ascend look - my bane in this events is always the time frame, so low model count is a must from past experiences. Also, I would like to actually build up my current force slooooooowly rather than jump from project to project ( or more like event to event). A Danger Squad of five (or two) should be manageable.

So, where did I put my copy of the book ....

Thanks for the replies. I felt it would be a bit like cheating to enter obviously Mechanicum units as " counts as " from the IA 13 list. msn-wink.gif

Will give it ascend look - my bane in this events is always the time frame, so low model count is a must from past experiences. Also, I would like to actually build up my current force slooooooowly rather than jump from project to project ( or more like event to event). A Danger Squad of five (or two) should be manageable.

Well its not that counts as... they are called Heretek troops so they are Dark Mechanicum. They just use the IG codex as the base as it pre-dates the Admec codex's

Thanks for the replies. I felt it would be a bit like cheating to enter obviously Mechanicum units as " counts as " from the IA 13 list. msn-wink.gif

Well its not that counts as... they are called Heretek troops so they are Dark Mechanicum. They just use the IG codex as the base as it pre-dates the Admec codex's

It also depends if you plan to convert them, or atleast give them a "chaotic" paintjob. But at the end, it's yours and Captain Sempers deal :)

I, Lord Carrack vow to complete one unit of autogun cultist with a heavy stubber for Call of Chaos. Success brings glory to the Black Maw, failure, shame and spawndom.

Before picture

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww256/Carrack1/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsjn5a8lvy.jpeg

Note: I'm fairly busy now, so I thought a modest vow would be best. Modesty will be the key in this unit, I'm not going to stretch my abilities until l see more positive results. I'm happy with the modest conversions so far, modestly so.

So,it is decided then. I am keeping my Mechanicum on slow burn and use the event to prototype the Paint schemes on my possible allied choices. For the Glory if the Changer if Ways, I will dedicate two souls touched by power of the Warp. Thus,..

I, Xin Ceithan, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete an astonishing task and complete TWO Sorcerers before December 15th 2016. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Ultimate Deception and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

One will be a Follower of the Ascended Word of Lorgar.

gallery_66914_10128_638224.jpeg

The other a Warlock of the Iron Warriors for the glory of the IVth Legion.

gallery_66914_10128_682850.jpg

Edit: Now with Pics!

I have a question... I have taken the "before" pics of 7 of my 9 vows, but I can't take pics of the remaining 2 as they haven't been delivered yet due to a UPS :cuss-up. So, Can I post up the 7 "before" pics and start my vows on those 7, then once my remaining 2 vows arrive, can I post up those 2 and start on them? or will it disqualify me for starting without posting up ALL of the before pics?

Thank Capt. Semper!

Alrighty then, here are the before pics of 7 of my 9 vows:

Helbrute: Carthik the Twice Murdered

29736659042_50dd30ca76_z.jpg

Gal Vorbak/Possessed: Final Remnants of the Serrated Sun

29767025651_5da66f9e43_z.jpg

Daemon Prince of Slaanesh: Captain Justiel, Lord of the Angelic Host of the Phoenician, 2nd in command under the Mistress of Pleasure and Pain

29814443516_848204d84b_z.jpg

Daemon Knight of Slaanesh: The Sapphire King, the Breaker of Iron, Desire Chained & Unleashed

29736660902_0d954f2f10_z.jpg

10 Warp Talons of Tzeentch: Unseen Vanguard of the Final Flame

29849778245_5f5fd702cd_z.jpg

6 Chaos Bikers of Slaanesh: The Shadowlances

29736663502_819d8cbd1d_z.jpg

5 Raptors: Screaming Falcons

29736663722_7562836bbc_z.jpg

The raptors are my rescue project (formerly Vanilla, and then DA assault marines). I'm currently in the process of stripping the paint off them and will begin the conversions in earnest.

Chaos Lord with Jump Pack and murder Sword

29871545682_081852557b_z.jpg

Khârne the Betrayer

29831640362_d4e73cb3ce_z.jpg

The Daemon knight of Slaanesh will be a bit NSFW, so I think maybe spoiler blocks for showing the progress on that. The reason I decided to name him the Sapphire King is due in great part to the local Iron Hands player at my FLGS. He keeps harping on about Ferrus and how his life (and stature) was cut short and how the Sapphire King is the real culprit to blame. So, I decided to give him a tangible object to take out his frustrations on (I'm such a good guy :D).

Still waiting on my bits for my Chaos Lord and Kharne to arrive, and will post them up the moment they arrive. In the interim, work begins on these!

Hmmm... looks like I never did an update on my vow in here. Well, let's fix that.

Obviously still a work in progress, but the Iron Warriors Chaos Lord is coming along nicely. Probably about 80% done, in my opinion. Really just need to work on the black sections, and clean up the hazard stripes a little bit. And then of course comes the rest of the basing material:

med_gallery_78067_12433_404005.jpg

OK guys, I'm back! 

Great to see so much activity already - seems like the infernal engines of Chaos never rest! :D

@ Xin: Oh, c'mon then, just do the Traitor Mechanicum - I think we all want to see them done! 

@ The Phycho: No this is a fantastic job! So clean and understated and yet so evocative! Well done sir! 

@ TdMayo: Well, great quality stuff as usual! Love the sea-green on the shoulder pads - they look ace! :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived