BL coming soon

hopkins

Yay, the Tybalt Marr / Shadrak Meduson feud gets a spot in Old Earth. Hopefully one of the two unnamed books in the 40s will be Shattered Legions, featuring Meduson, The Seventh Serpent and potentially Blackshield.

Sadly it would be Kyme who will covers how Shadrak Meduson gets Tybalt Marr head :(

Yeah looks like 2017 will be another great year although you have to compete with 2016: PoD, MoM and Pharos which are easily some of the best thus far for me (awaiting hardcopy for MoM but I have faith).  

1. Audios: I have tried a few but not a audio person and will wait when they become part of a book but these look enticing especially Children of Sicarus (Phaeron is such a d-bag but love it) and Binary Succession. Annandale has been okay for me and as a UM fan I haven't been awed with the stuff thus far like the Betrayal at Calth book, Guilliman, etc. I think he is actually a good writer but I don't know...doesn't feel like his stuff has pop like ADB or French but I do enjoy his stuff enough to continue to read.

Dark compliance: After the awesome short story, Warmaster and still by French..sign me up! I want him or ADB to get the Siege of Terra stuff with Horus!

2. Books:

-The Crimson King: I like most of McNeill's stuff and looking forward to this one

-Ruinstorm: I honestly don't think this one will have a middle ground...I think it is either going to be really good or bad. Bringing in Guilliman, the Lion, and the Angel that is done well will be tough. Kyme's Deathfire was so so (although their appearance was brief) and AoC did an okay job of it. So far Haley's Pharos was done the best (although the Lion was not really around). I hope it is not just void battles (my own bias).

-Old Earth: Don't know why...but I have a good feeling with this one. Vulkan lives wasn't as bad although I actively disliked Deathfire and only read it to get via it. My one concern (which is a major one) is the Meduson/Marr arc...no! These are easily my favorite shorts and both Abnett and McNeil (did he do the Marr one?) was amazing! The bar is freak'in high with this one...honestly I am only going to get this book for the Meduson/Marr stuff. Honestly they could easily make the Meduson/Marr thing a novella and I think with would sell well. Kyme...don't mess this up! 

-Perturabo: I think he will hit this one out of the park...I enjoy this Primarch...he is such a EMO plus Haley is awesome.

-Lorgar: I have to give it to Gav, his Beast Arises stuff was probably my favorite and I thought Weregeld was good if not depressing. I wish ADB could do this one since in my eyes he defined Lorgar and the WB with the First Heretic and The Betrayer. Again a high freak'in bar to beat!

I love the comment with PoD by Laurie that was sort of sandwiched in there alpha legion style ha ha.

Yeah looks like 2017 will be another great year although you have to compete with 2016: PoD, MoM and Pharos which are easily some of the best thus far for me (awaiting hardcopy for MoM but I have faith).  

1. Audios: I have tried a few but not a audio person and will wait when they become part of a book but these look enticing especially Children of Sicarus (Phaeron is such a d-bag but love it) and Binary Succession. Annandale has been okay for me and as a UM fan I haven't been awed with the stuff thus far like the Betrayal at Calth book, Guilliman, etc. I think he is actually a good writer but I don't know...doesn't feel like his stuff has pop like ADB or French but I do enjoy his stuff enough to continue to read.

Dark compliance: After the awesome short story, Warmaster and still by French..sign me up! I want him or ADB to get the Siege of Terra stuff with Horus!

2. Books:

-The Crimson King: I like most of McNeill's stuff and looking forward to this one

-Ruinstorm: I honestly don't think this one will have a middle ground...I think it is either going to be really good or bad. Bringing in Guilliman, the Lion, and the Angel that is done well will be tough. Kyme's Deathfire was so so (although their appearance was brief) and AoC did an okay job of it. So far Haley's Pharos was done the best (although the Lion was not really around). I hope it is not just void battles (my own bias).

-Old Earth: Don't know why...but I have a good feeling with this one. Vulkan lives wasn't as bad although I actively disliked Deathfire and only read it to get via it. My one concern (which is a major one) is the Meduson/Marr arc...no! These are easily my favorite shorts and both Abnett and McNeil (did he do the Marr one?) was amazing! The bar is freak'in high with this one...honestly I am only going to get this book for the Meduson/Marr stuff. Honestly they could easily make the Meduson/Marr thing a novella and I think with would sell well. Kyme...don't mess this up! 

-Perturabo: I think he will hit this one out of the park...I enjoy this Primarch...he is such a EMO plus Haley is awesome.

-Lorgar: I have to give it to Gav, his Beast Arises stuff was probably my favorite and I thought Weregeld was good if not depressing. I wish ADB could do this one since in my eyes he defined Lorgar and the WB with the First Heretic and The Betrayer. Again a high freak'in bar to beat!

I love the comment with PoD by Laurie that was sort of sandwiched in there alpha legion style ha ha.

Ruinstorm could be a good void warfare story, but ultimately the story is pointless - all the novel is about 3 Primarchs selling for Terra in a stormy see. That's it

It really looks like Age of Sigmar has been relegated to disappointing stepchild already, with only two books announced, both by the same author. Josh's enjoying the freedom writing AoS entails and has said of himself to be a writer who goes where the commissions are, but it seems pretty disappointing for fans of the IP (of which I am not one, to be frank). Those will be the first stories/novels since July, too. Quite sobering.

Well, there was also The Undying King, but that's Warhammer World exclusive for now.

We don't have a release date for the collected Robbie MacNiven Legacy of Russ novel yet.

Stay tuned...

BLOOD BOWL STORIES!

Absolutely msn-wink.gif

Haha, looks like your Legacy of Russ is up this weekend at last, and sometime next year paired with Curse of the Wulfen in an omnibus. I'll probably opt for the latter because I love trade paperbacks.

Looking forward to what you got coming for Blood Bowl! Planning to read Josh's Manglers story this weekend to warm up.

I'm chill. They are taking their time and already planning AoS 2nd edition with the help of fans. Yep they asked the fans what changes we would like to see in the next generals handbook.

I reckon by the new year we will get something while they plan the next 40k stuff.

With 30k and 40k releases all focused around TS and SW things got slow on our side.

Very much interested in the HH report. Any details would be nice.

Et voila... smile.png

https://trackofwords.wordpress.com/2016/11/24/black-library-live-coming-soon-the-horus-heresy/

That's all the upcoming Heresy stuff I caught from BL Live. Dark Compliance sounds awesome, I'm particularly looking forward to that!

Et voila... smile.png

https://trackofwords.wordpress.com/2016/11/24/black-library-live-coming-soon-the-horus-heresy/

That's all the upcoming Heresy stuff I caught from BL Live. Dark Compliance sounds awesome, I'm particularly looking forward to that!

Greetings,

What's a bit confusing to me is that Laurie apparently mentioned that there are 3 novels left to write before we get to the Siege ( and one of those is about the Death Guard), but that there are also "a good few more already done".

Any idea what he is referring to there? Ruinstorm and Old Earth sound great but these are definitely still in progress and not done.

Only Crimson King is done. So was he referring to other novels that are already finished but we do not know about them? Because that might explain slots 43 and 46 being left empty. We are assuming that they will be more short story collections, but maybe that is false. After all, book 42 is already a collection as well ( Garro). So far they have not done two collections in a row, it is always followed by a novel.

Second and final question is with regards to Crimson King. When he was speaking about the psychic shards of Magnus and the Thousand Sons wanting to do something to save their Primarch, did you feel as if he was referring to the Rubric of Ahriman, or to something else? The Rubric was never intended to save Magnus per se, was it?

Et voila... smile.png

Et voila... smile.png

Greetings,

What's a bit confusing to me is that Laurie apparently mentioned that there are 3 novels left to write before we get to the Siege ( and one of those is about the Death Guard), but that there are also "a good few more already done".

Any idea what he is referring to there? Ruinstorm and Old Earth sound great but these are definitely still in progress and not done.

Only Crimson King is done. So was he referring to other novels that are already finished but we do not know about them? Because that might explain slots 43 and 46 being left empty. We are assuming that they will be more short story collections, but maybe that is false. After all, book 42 is already a collection as well ( Garro). So far they have not done two collections in a row, it is always followed by a novel.

Second and final question is with regards to Crimson King. When he was speaking about the psychic shards of Magnus and the Thousand Sons wanting to do something to save their Primarch, did you feel as if he was referring to the Rubric of Ahriman, or to something else? The Rubric was never intended to save Magnus per se, was it?

You misunderstood him completely - he meant 3 more numbered titles after the announced BL coming soon list. So yes - 3 more titles in 2018 and only then Siege of Terra in 2018-2019

That is correct it is 3 after the announced ones, one of which I imagine will be the Beta-Garmon campaign.

I was there at BL live and one thing that Nik mentioned in the Horus Heresy coming soon seminar about Old earth is that the lid will be opened on all the Perpetual's and there role in the Horus Heresy. Also the Tybalt Marr and Meduson story line and Vulkans prophesied destiny about the guardian at the golden gate.

Needless to say I am very excited for this one.wub.png

That is correct it is 3 after the announced ones, one of which I imagine will be the Beta-Garmon campaign.

I was there at BL live and one thing that Nik mentioned in the Horus Heresy coming soon seminar about Old earth is that the lid will be opened on all the Perpetual's and there role in the Horus Heresy. Also the Tybalt Marr and Meduson story line and Vulkans prophesied destiny about the guardian at the golden gate.

Needless to say I am very excited for this one.wub.png

Good to be you. I'm not - it's Kyme 'Vulkan Lives' yada yada yada biggrin.png

Archived