BL coming soon

hopkins

"Falling asleep" to his prose because it is boring is contrary to his prose being hard to comprehend, which is what you claimed first off. Pick one, you can't make both arguments.

They are both. Some paragraphs are boring, scenes from the 'vaults' in first book hard to comprehend - easy! Simply put - his writing is BAD

That was James Swallow. I liked Fear to Tread less than Battle for the Abyss, for what it's worth, and liked Deathfire more than either.

Fear to Thread is worth 10 abominations that was 'Deathfire'. Plus it has the plagiat on Avatar movie  - then Nocturne  'feral nature' has 'risen' against DG.

The Silent War just came out in paperback.

It's 15.95 euros.

Is this the same small paperback format that we know and love (legacy edition?) or something different?

I remember hearing something about changes in the paperbacks' format.

So under the generic term "paperback" are now two different types of format?

Mass market paperback only exists for the Horus Heresy series.

And the large trade paperback size does as well

yeah, the progression was 4-6  (or was it 9?) months after hardback for trade and 18 months from hardback for MMPB if offered at all. I know, I know, everything in every format eventually.

My fault.
I was specifically referring to the Horus Heresy series and forgot to mention it.

I'm also sorry, but still don't understand if there has been a change of paperback format in the series (the large ones were discontinued and only the "legacy" ones remained; is it the other way around now?) or they are really selling the "legacy" paperbacks at almost 16 euros now

Around 3 months after the hardbacks, they're releasing the large trade paperbacks, which are around 16€ (though I order them for around 12 by preordering off Amazon and matching prices), and then another 6-or-so months later (9 after the hardcover, supposedly) the Legacy mass market paperbacks arrive.

The timeframes are now all over the place though. I think War Without End is out in the mass market format, but Pharos isn't yet. Path of Heaven is just about releasing in trade paperback this month/early next with the rest on its heels.

Morning folks. If you haven't seen them all already, a bunch more new titles/covers showed up online recently:

https://trackofwords.wordpress.com/2016/10/30/upcoming-black-library-releases-as-of-octobernovember-2016/

Some nice looking books there, although as a huge John French fan I'm particularly looking forward to The Horusian Wars: Resurrection, especially after The Purity of Ignorance!

Yeah some good-looking inquisition books in the pipeline by French and Wraight both. More titan books are good too, looking forward to Warlord.

Primarchs book III: Perturabo and the purging of Olympia immediately before the heresy. Good choice of event for looking at his character, wouldn't be surprised if it has a healthy dose of flashbacks to his upbringing.

Looks like we have a broad release date - and blurb - for ADB's second Abaddon book, August 2017, with a possible LE release before then. Woop.

Last comical note: "The hilariously titled Untitled tie-in novel (April 2017 in paperback – watch out for a new boxed game/edition of 40k in 2017 perhaps?)."laugh.png

"Falling asleep" to his prose because it is boring is contrary to his prose being hard to comprehend, which is what you claimed first off. Pick one, you can't make both arguments.

sure you can. difficult doesn't equal engaging. if i encounter a complex mathematical equation far outside my ability, i don't necessarily enjoy the attempt to solve it. quite the opposite: i can end up thoroughly deflated and unenthused.

Yeah some good-looking inquisition books in the pipeline by French and Wraight both. More titan books are good too, looking forward to Warlord.

Primarchs book III: Perturabo and the purging of Olympia immediately before the heresy. Good choice of event for looking at his character, wouldn't be surprised if it has a healthy dose of flashbacks to his upbringing.

Looks like we have a broad release date - and blurb - for ADB's second Abaddon book, August 2017, with a possible LE release before then. Woop.

Last comical note: "The hilariously titled Untitled tie-in novel (April 2017 in paperback – watch out for a new boxed game/edition of 40k in 2017 perhaps?)."laugh.png

Since this is up Guy tells in our interview last week which will post on the 19th that Perturabo is an origin story which I'm thrilled and felt was needed so this sounds awesome:)

Since this is up Guy tells in our interview last week which will post on the 19th that Perturabo is an origin story which I'm thrilled and felt was needed so this sounds awesome:)

And again we do not have Abnett's 'Warmaster' where - so as Expected it wouldn't be released ever biggrin.pngfurious.gifohmy.pngblink.pngsad.pngunsure.pngwacko.png

Oh...Perturabo as third Primarch book...interesting.

IIMHO definitely more interesting than Guiliman. ^^

Second BL book, YES! :D

Also interested in Wraigths Vaults of Terra

Scythes of the Emperor can be interesting as well. How is Gouldings work so far? Haven't read something from him until now.

Ahriman Omnibus, SWEET! Just when I'm considering to buy these books. Saves me a lot of money. ^^

What surprises me is that it is already showing Black Legion for August, general hardback release. The book is still being written and presumably ADB has a ways to go before he finishes. Crimson King on the other hand is not yet listed and that has been turned in.

However I think this is because for HH , the hardcover release never appears on Amazon, they sell those only through the BL site. They only show the paperback, so for instance their first listing for Praetorian of Dorn is the paperback in January 2017. It does tell us that Garro will come out before CK though.

The Chris Wraight and Annandale Titan book interest me, but we had seen those before. Also curious about Andy Clark's Imperial Knights book.

"Garro" confirmed as Horus Heresy book 42. I will give that a pass and remain very interested in what is next in the HH series after MoM.

Archived