Your BA Pile of Shame

Jolemai

Slow progress as I am still painting eldar and tau starter kits for the kids.

10 sanguinary guard - assembled

2 landraiders - assembled

3 vindicators - assembled one primed

1 predator  - primed

2 Baal predators - assembled

1 landspeeder - primed

3 chaplains - assembled

1 librarian - assembled

mephiston - assembled

dante - assembled

5 scouts - assembled

2 dreadnoughts - primed

1 stormraven - primed

drop pod- primed

Hmmm I think my line up is a little to big for this thread...

Ive got 8 assault terminators from a LPC from a years back that I still need to finish. My idea was that if id keep them on my desk it would be a reminder that I need to finish them and it would force me to paint. Considering they have been standing here for a few years now I think its safe to say that this approach doesent work...

I still got a razorback mounted assault squad on foot that I need to finish.

Some scouts still need their paint jobs completed.

Repair and touch up works on a boat load of models.

ALOT of things still sitting in the boxes.

I just cant paint on my own anymore nowadays, and most of my painting buddies have such busy schedules that I hardly see them anymore :(

When your models have been on the paint list so long that their unit entry becomes invalid.

Sorry to hear about how hard it is to paint. Any reason painting alone doesn't work? I used to but be able to focus on repetitive detailing unless i had some music or a film on.

I've got...

5 Tactical Marines

1 Land Raider Crusader (one of the old 3rd Ed models and I'm terrified to start it)

1 Land Raider (to strip)

1 Rhino

Half Finished Vanguard Squad with Lightning Claws that I started and they were rubbish and I can't be bothered to finish

Emperor's Champion that just arrived and I'm waiting to order his helmet plume and Spartan Shield from Anvil

1 Land Raider Crusader (one of the old 3rd Ed models and I'm terrified to start it)

Be brave!

One thing I will say is to pin all of the bolters and ammo feeds during assembly. This will save you lots of pain later. Getting them back on when the model is fully assembled and painted is a nightmare. 

Time to add BoP to my shame. I want to convert Ahriman into a BA sorcerer but I don't know if Geigor is salvagable at this point. He is just covered in wolf crap.

If you're doing a heresy army, you could use it as basing pieces.

When your models have been on the paint list so long that their unit entry becomes invalid.

Sorry to hear about how hard it is to paint. Any reason painting alone doesn't work? I used to but be able to focus on repetitive detailing unless i had some music or a film on.

Several reasons really. Biggest one is that ive been unemployed for 2 years and I simply cant afford to travel to my local GW anymore. Which is the spot where I played the most. And playing games was the way in which I kept motivated to keep painting really...

-edit-

A friend enticed me to paint abit today and I spend a good 3 hours painting on my assault marines ^_^

Babysteps, but I loved doing it again so agreed to do it again next week :D

Edited by Demoulius

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably the only BA player who owns not a single Assault Marine squad.. Maybe that's my real shame?

Just the one here (and without jump packs). I really do find it remarkable how similar our collections are...

Edited by Jolemai

I'm probably the only BA player who owns not a single Assault Marine squad.. Maybe that's my real shame?

Just the one here (and without jump packs). I really do find it remarkable how similar our collections are...

Probably because we are old timers who defined their collection by their original army lists, ie. 2nd/3rd edition where you bulked up on Tactical Squads..

I've got a couple of Meltacide!

Also enough with packs for a ten man RAS... But I don't like to use it as it's from my previous generation of painted models.

I've got one of the fancy new boxes too, built and undercoated, just waiting for a reason to use them. A 3rd Meltacide seems overkill :laugh.:

Also enough with packs for a ten man RAS... But I don't like to use it as it's from my previous generation of painted models.

I've got one of the fancy new boxes too, built and undercoated, just waiting for a reason to use them. A 3rd Meltacide seems overkill :laugh.:

Haven't you got something in your diary for the 28th-30th April, 2017? ;)

Haven't you got something in your diary for the 28th-30th April, 2017? :wink:

Why yes I do ;) which I am stupidly excited for as well :P

Just having a hard time deciding what to commit to paint and bring...

I've got a meltacide squad with packs magnetised, and I'm in the process of painting a flamer squad from the newer assault marine kit, so I'll have 10 assault marines with anti-vehicle/infantry loadouts covered. I also have another five painted a long time ago with one flamer and sarge with power fist / combat shield, and a second sarge with axe. So 16 RAS in total.