Echoes of Solitude, a XVth Legion Log.

Phatsquirre1

... Thousand Sons, Iron Warriors, Mechanicum... looking at the Ultramarines... seriously, get out of my head!

Your stuff is looking great though, just reminding me I need to buckle down and get back to work myself.

Thanks man, and those are just the armies I will "commit" too. The case of hobby butterfly-tis I have is serious(-ly awful for my bank account). :biggrin.:

I'll look forward to seeing more of your stuff- I've been a bit out of steam in regards to Iron Warriors recently, but seeing more of your 73rd should help reignite that desire to get them done. Especially looking forward to the Domitar-Ferrums you have. Not seen many of those around.

• 1 month later...

Okay, now I present one of my favorite units in game, that has literally blown me out of the water with how destructive it is. This little tank, in my last game especially, killed a Spartan, Predators, and even held the right flank on its own during a crucial turn. When it died, it did so with the typical arrogance of the Thousand Sons, suffering a final hull point from its own reactor, denying the enemy any vengeance.

TL;DR I love this thing. And now I want six.

The Mirage of Synchronicity

The Hammer of Enlightenment

209th Company, 5th Fellowship, XVth Legion Astartes

++++++++

It was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Elijas couldn’t get the thought out of his head for some reason, the ancient saying he’d picked up in the libraries of Tizca circling in his mind, quite aptly, like a fish, going round and round and round. He would’ve found it slightly annoying were it not for the fact that it entirely fit the situation he was in.

The snap-crack of ionizing air broke his reverie, and he turned in time to see the coolant from the destroyers’ cylinders being jettisoned. Gas hissed out of the chamber, shrouding Elijas and the two others present in steam that settled on their ruby-red plate, giving the image of sweat on their armor that, while notionally impossible, matched the temperature of the tank’s interior.

The Commander of the destroyer, a veteran named Sakhaer, stood at the tanks’ rear, away from the cupola, one arm bracing himself against the tank’s motion, while the other rested at his side, fingers moving as if tracing a path through the Great Sea. Elijas knew his commander’s eyes were closed behind his Mk.II helm. The other warrior, the tanks’ gunner-Arbaram, fidgeted constantly, muttering obscene oaths under his breath as his eyes tracked movement on the fuzzy view-screen, waiting for the order to fire.

‘Build charge, hold.’

Arbaram was moving even before the whisper-quiet voice had stopped speaking, pressing the pedal at his feet that connected the power-feed of the laser destroyer to the firing mechanism, allowing energy to charge in anticipation of release. He waited impatiently, his fingers tapping in a drumbeat staccato, and Elijas rolled his eyes at the image of the serene commander and headstrong gunner working together. That said, he had to admit that there was something to their dynamic.

It was proven a moment later when the soft voice spoke out again.

‘There’s a Leman Russ coming on at 288 degrees. Turret engaging allied armor. No knowledge of us.’

Elijas could almost feel the predatory grin from Arbaram. He loved killing anything related to the VIth Legion, even if only in name. Elijas had never shared that passion.

‘Coming round, in line of sight in two seconds. When you have a shot, kill it.’

Exactly two seconds later, the tank rumbled around the corner, its attention entirely on the rest of the 209th Armor. Arbaram snarled and let go of the pedal, unleashing ravening energy that tore the Leman Russ apart, killing it violently before it even knew that there was any threat. He chuckled as its ammunition cooked off and reduced the vehicle into further scrap, his voice harsh and guttural in comparison to Sakhaer’s Prosperine lilt.

‘Cored that bastard like an apple.’

Once again, gas filled the hull, and Elijas shifted in his seat as he engaged the destroyer’s drives. He knew the drill, and Sakhaer quickly confirmed his suspicion.

‘They know we’re here. Displace, heading 107. We’ll move six blocks down, hammer their armor from there.’

The tank shifted, and as it did so, Elijas’ mind reciprocated.

What was that thought again? Oh, right.

Like fish in a barrel.

++++++++

-Combat Record of Driver Bahn Elijas, 209th Company, XVth Legion Astartes.

Photographed here during the Assault on Sybrae-Alpha, the Vindicator Laser Destroyer known as the “Hammer of Enlightenment” made good on its name, repeatedly ripping through Sarayan Armor elements on the right flank of the 209th‘s Assault before it was forced to displace due to critical weapon overheat.

http://i.imgur.com/4ZTxFJ9.jpg?1

As the only Vindicator Laser Destroyer in the 209th’s ranks, the “Hammer of Enlightenment” would go on to prove itself a true predator of armor in the later stages of the 209th’s campaign against the Imperium, repeatedly crippling various heavy armor elements of both the Taghmata, Solar Auxilia, and VIth Legion that were arrayed against them at any given point. Headed by the soft-spoken but iron-willed Corvidae Al’cam Sakhaer, the “Hammer” proved itself to be the pre-eminent armor destroyer in the 209th’s ranks, far surpassing the rapidly dwindling supply of Land Raider Pattern battle-tanks in efficacy and kill-records.

http://i.imgur.com/ELNErHU.jpg?1

However, the “Hammer of Enlightenment” would eventually meet its end towards the closing stages of the war on Saphar IX, when Dayhanii elements tasked with its defense left the “Hammer of Enlightenment” stranded from Infantry support, and vulnerable to elements of the Taghmata Omyda.

http://i.imgur.com/DjvGR0E.jpg?1

Left with no other options, the pride of the 209th’s armor hunters was left at the mercy of the Mechanicum, engaging in a desperate cat-and-mouse battle that would last three hours and claim a toll of Two Krios Venators, Three Castellax Battle-Automata, and Three Triaros Armored Conveyors in the ruins of Saphar's Capital city, Baellerofon. It is believed that the tank finally succumbed when, unable to disengage safely, the crew were trapped inside the cabin when its core ruptured explosively, leaving the "Hammer of Enlightenment" a smoking husk, and spoils for the exultant forces of the Taghmata.

++++++++

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers man, good luck in your game! :thumbsup:

Thanks! It went terrific for my side of the table :biggrin.:  !

And the 4 Laser vindicators present on our side did a whole lot of damage against some wolf and sister scum!

It was a 2v2 tide of carnage match against wolfs and sisters/custodes/knights, and we were 2 TS players.

He had a armoured breakthrough list and I brought some heavy stuff as well.

Here's a picture for niceness sake :wink:

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp322/sebastian_jensen/2v2%20TS.jpg

All that glorious red armor on the table! :drool: Glad to hear they served you well, and that you humbled some of Russ' Legion in the process!

I thought you of all people would love it haha :biggrin.:

Yeah, we gave them a good thrashing!

• 10 months later...

Archived