Jolemai

sfPanzer, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash one Captain with Jump Pack, Relic Blade and Storm Shield on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the Knights of Blood, whilst failure is not an option...

EDIT: copy&paste typo :tongue.:

First Captain entry and welcome to the event! How are you going to show it off as belonging to the Knights of Blood/Faction Blood Angels? Oh, and don't forget the iron halo :thumbsup:

I wanted to get the 3rd party Knights of Blood shoulderpads from shapeway (and I still may) but as said it would double the cost of the kitbash since I actually only need one and not 10 atm....for now i've planned to do a quick free-hand on one of the pauldrons if that's okay (and if the knight helmet, sword and shield aren't enough to imply it's a true knight :biggrin.: ).

If not i'll have to think about something else to make it clear since the only thing we know about Knights of Blood that sets them apart is the emblem and the color scheme. :tongue.:

EDIT: and yeah I totally forgot about the Iron Halo and had to search several bitz shops to get one. :biggrin.:

Absolutely fine, especially as the odd painted piece is kosher.

So here is a question. There are a few back packs with what kinda look like built in iron halos. Would this count as a halo or are we looking at original ideas?

So here is a question. There are a few back packs with what kinda look like built in iron halos. Would this count as a halo or are we looking at original ideas?

I'm using at least one of them, because they're brilliant. Why wouldn't it count? If it looks like a halo, walks like a halo and quacks like a halo etc.

Counts-as is fine so long as it looks like what it should be. Take Dante, his is a tiara ;) TBH a Priest entry could probably get way with having a bunch of little grail gubbins everywhere (including the backpack option)...

I, spagunk, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash:

one Sanguinary Priest with the Angel's Wings relic and power sword

one Captain with Plasma Pistol and Valour's Edge

on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Welcome aboard! Nice to see our first Priest entry; are you using the upgrade sprue grail and the Command Squad narthecium? As for the Captain, I guess it will be Aphael?

Edited by Jolemai

I Varred rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash our mighty lords:

Dante,

Sanguinor, 

on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

A side question is am i allowed to show wips in my thread or not?

Welcome to the event with our first Special Character entries! When I see a Special Character kitbash I want to be able to say, "yep, that's X" so keep them as accurate to their Datasheet as possible as you can please.

You can host WIPs here and/or on your own thread if you wish. For completions, follow the info in the OP and state it's complete :)

I Midnight Runner, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash Thalastian Jorus, Blood Angels Hero Chaplain, Servant of the Great Angel and Remembered of Mackan to the best of my ability on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Wasn't M'Kachan a Tzeentchian Daemon Prince? Anyway, I (and a few others by the sound of it) am looking forward to some new Flesh Eater stuff! Ideas on his rosarius?

I, Tyriks, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash a counts-as Dante, counts-as Corbulo, and a DC chap (stock loadout) on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the Storm Blades, whilst failure is not an option...

Welcome to the event :) Just out of interest, isn't every kitbash of a Special Character a counts-as, or will these be OOC entries? (By that I mean, for example, Dante using a power lance, Corbulo but with a jump pack, etc?)

I, Thrillhouse, pledge to convert Malakim Phoros from start to finish. Success will go torwards redeeming the lord of ruin and his unfortunate host in the eyes of the emperor.

Failure is not an option.

Our first Phoros entry, welcome! You've pretty much got a fresh slate on how this chap looks, just make sure he has something for Faction BA/Lamenters and matches his Datasheet. If you need inspiration, there's a picture of one on his guide (see my signature, Veritas vitae link).

I, Canis_Lycaon rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash 1 Captain Erasmus Tycho on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the 3rd Chapter of the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option... 

Edited by Canis_Lycaon

I Dallo, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash one Captain with Jump Pack and power sword on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the Angels Encarmine, whilst failure is not an option...

Welcome aboard, I think Captains are going to be quite popular :happy.: Just out of interest, have you got any Angels Encarmine bits?

I, Grazcruzk, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash Captain Tycho and a Captain armed with a relic blade and stormshield on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the Scarlet Mantle, whilst failure is not an option...

Welcome! Quite looking forward to the "sword and board" Captain. Are we going for an over-the-top kitbash or something in keeping with the rest of your collection?

I sockwithaticket rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash one Captain with Powerfist & Hand Flamer, one Captain with power maul and Storm Shield, one counts-as Sanguinor and one Chaplain with power axe on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the Crimson Tears, failure is not worth a moment's contemplation.

Glad to see you entered and what a way to start with four vows!  At least you can't put us all to shame with your white painting skills in this event ;)

I, spagunk, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash:

Welcome aboard! Nice to see our first Priest entry; are you using the upgrade sprue grail and the Command Squad narthecium? As for the Captain, I guess it will be Aphael?

Yes, I will be using the upgrade sprue grail and the narthecium from the command squad. I am flip flopping on which legs to use as I now have the Van Vet sprue and there are some pretty cool older mark running legs. The alternative is the SG running legs I had originally planned on using.

The captain will be a count as Aphael. I should drop in artificer armor on that but the legs I am thinking of using aren't quite as fancy so that may be iffy.

I TURBULENCE rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash 1 captain in artificer armour with thunder hammer, storm shield and auspex on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the lamenters, whilst failure is not an option...

Welcome to the event and what is out first TDA entry! Is that the auspex from the Tactical box you've got in mind? What bits are you using for the body? BA Assault Terminator box?

Yes, I will be using the upgrade sprue grail and the narthecium from the command squad. I am flip flopping on which legs to use as I now have the Van Vet sprue and there are some pretty cool older mark running legs. The alternative is the SG running legs I had originally planned on using.

The captain will be a count as Aphael. I should drop in artificer armor on that but the legs I am thinking of using aren't quite as fancy so that may be iffy.

I'm sure it will pass as artificier easily enough, you only really need a chest piece that's different from a regular PA one (imo). I've actually just make a Priest like that for my Command Squad but started painting it the other week. Didn't event think about it :pinch:

I Lord Janos rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash one Captain in artificer armour bearing twin lightning claws and borne aloft upon a jump pack on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Ave Sanguinius!

Pledge logged :tu: Are you chopping down TDA lightning claws or simply using the VAS ones?

I Flieger rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash one Librarian of our proud battle brothers Carmine Blades and one Captain clad in artificer armour on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the alliance of Angels Sanguine and Carmine Blades chapters, whilst failure is not an option...

Welcome and nice to see our another Librarian entry! For the psychic hood, do you plan on using the GK torso/back or are you going to opt for the classic shoulderpad hood?

Edited by Jolemai

I LutherMax, first of his name, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash one Cypher on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Competition on the Cypher front I see! I bet they are both very much different from each other. Welcome :smile.:

I TURBULENCE rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash 1 captain in artificer armour with thunder hammer, storm shield and auspex on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the lamenters, whilst failure is not an option...

Welcome to the event and what is out first TDA entry! Is that the auspex from the Tactical box you've got in mind? What bits are you using for the body? BA Assault Terminator box?

Where does it say TDA tho? :D

I Flieger rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash one Librarian of our proud battle brothers Carmine Blades and one Captain clad in artificer armour on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the alliance of Angels Sanguine and Carmine Blades chapters, whilst failure is not an option...

Welcome and nice to see our another Librarian entry! For the psychic hood, do you plan on using the GK torso/back or are you going to opt for the classic shoulderpad hood?

Thanks! Definitely GK back and some other bits from their box!

I Mard rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash Techmarine armed with storm bolter and power fist on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honor to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

So a future plan (could even be ETL) I plan on digging all my 2nd ed Blood Angels out of the dark giving them a wash in acetone (Painted them a good 20 years ago now) and putting together a small force Blood Angel force.... these guys will need a techmarine as I never had one back in the day. So from the bitsbox only I will construct this mighty hero!

Welcome aboard. Servo arm, or jump pack?

As for your old stuff, be sure to get a picture of them before you strip them!

I, Canis_Lycaon rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash 1 Captain Erasmus Tycho on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the 3rd Chapter of the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option... 

Welcome to the event! Looks like Tycho is going to be a popular option too :)

I, Mirbeau, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash a Chaplain (IX Legion Warden) on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Legion, whilst failure is not an option...

Glad to see some interest from the IXth Legion! As per the event's FAQ, make it so it's like a Chaplain and you're good :thumbsup:

I Paikis, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash one Counts-as-Dante on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Looks like Dante is another popular choice. Are you going for the easy route of using the Sanguinary Guard kit, or going for something unexpected?

I Gunzhard rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash a Sanguinary Priest on a bike, on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Chapter, whilst failure is not an option...

Parts to be used (rough draft):

Old style Space Marine Bike

Robed bike-mount legs (from Dark Vengeance??)

Torso from Baal Predator gunner

Head from Sanguinary Guard sprue

SM bike right arm

SM Apothecary backpack

SM Apothecary vials/medpack clipped from Apothecary torso

SM Apothecary narthecium

SM Honour Guard helix shoulder pad

SM old metal Baal Predator gunner shoulder pad

WHFB Bretonian Grail Knight Chalice from the old metal standard

random pistols and ammo boxes

This beauty has been kicking around my bits box for years:

Grail (Grail Knight Chalice)