Jolemai

I Paikis, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash one Counts-as-Dante on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Looks like Dante is another popular choice. Are you going for the easy route of using the Sanguinary Guard kit, or going for something unexpected?

I'll probably use only the torso from the Sanguinary Guard kit. At present I'm thinking something like this:

- Head from the Dante model (assuming I don't destroy it trying to get it off) or from the BA upgrade sprue (if I fail at decapitating the Dante model).

- Chest from the Sanguinary Guard kit (the one with two sets of wings on it)

- Legs from the Death Company kit or (if it arrives in time) the Dark Vengeance Dark Angels Librarian

- Axe arm from the Space Marine Commander kit, probably with the axe head swapped for the one in the Dante kit.

- Pistol arm and Inferno pistol from the BA Tactical Squad kit.

- Jump pack from the Death Company kit. Most likely the one with wings on it... maybe the one with three blood drops.

Alternatively I might try to make something from the Stormcast Eternals Prosecutor or Knight-Venator kits.. though I don't relish the idea of filing off all the lightning bolts and other AoS imagery then sculpting Blood Angels' symbols in green stuff. Having said that, maybe that's a good reason to give it a shot.

I TURBULENCE rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash 1 captain in artificer armour with thunder hammer, storm shield and auspex on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the lamenters, whilst failure is not an option...

Welcome to the event and what is out first TDA entry! Is that the auspex from the Tactical box you've got in mind? What bits are you using for the body? BA Assault Terminator box?

Where does it say TDA tho? :D
It doesn't. I said artificer armour. Witch will be a heavily modified mk III Base. I don't really keep spare Terminators kicking around.

Edit to answer question, the 'auspex' will be represented by the cyber Aquila from Inquisitor Coteaz

Edited by TURBULENCE

Jol said we can post WIPs so i come and post some :tongue.:

Here is current state od Snaguinor:

http://i.imgur.com/DL9fUU6.jpg?1

Easy things are done. now to sculpt arms and legs :tongue.:

Parts used:

Lord Celestant on Dracoth Torso and Head (25%+0% i believe)

Sanguinary Guard Jump Pack

Sanguinary Guard Helm Crest as Halo

Sanguinary Guard Sword

Lord Celestant right arm as a basis for sculpting armor (note it is shaved down to just a stick, awaiting approval form Jol)

Chalice form Upgrade Pack

Dark Eldar Scourge Wings

Now away to the shop with me to buy putty!!!

Cheers

Varred

Edited by Varred

Looking good Thrillhouse. 

Here is my Angels Encarmine Captain. Because angelic wings are overrated. :devil:

http://i.imgur.com/Xnt3gag.jpg?1

Please excuse the base (and blu-tac). I haven't decided on a basing scheme yet, so thought I'd just leave it blank for now. He will go on a 32mm base, but there are no 32mm slotta bases (that I'm aware of) so that's why there is the 25mm on top of the 32mm base.

http://i.imgur.com/rVCU6ce.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/DyYIyds.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/fCY27W6.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/dsl4Ln9.jpg?1

Parts list:

Head: Forgeworld Iron Warrior Head, with wings from Vampire Counts kit

Torso: Death Company

Backpack/Legs: Astorath

Wings: Dark Eldar Scourges

Shield: Vampire Counts with Blood Drop added from Death Company kit

Arm 1: Forgeworld Breachers

Arm 2: Mk IV Tactical Squad

Shoulderpads: Command Squad

Sword: AoBR Captain

Here's a close up of the shield, since it's not overly clear in the other photos. Apologies for the picture quality. I wanted to physically model the Chapter Symbol, but my sculpting is pretty sub-par, so this seemed a good compromise.

http://i.imgur.com/jtmCqfK.jpg

Hope you guys like him, and I look forward to seeing everyone's conversions.

As a slight aside, I was playing "Count the Skulls" and found 12 on him, not counting his noggin. Think you can include more on one model? Show me what you got. :ph34r.:  

Dallo

I, DeathcompanyDante, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash Lord Captain Alfonso, legatus of Miliatum, leader of the Red Eagles successor chapter. Equipped with Jump pack, artificer armour, valors edge and hand flamer.

Success will bring honour to the Red Eagles chapter, whilst failure is not an option...

(Just in case post isn't clear, captain, valors edge, hand flamer, artificer armour, jump pack)

Edited by DeathcompanyDante

I, Grazcruzk, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash Captain Tycho and a Captain armed with a relic blade and stormshield on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the Scarlet Mantle, whilst failure is not an option...

Welcome! Quite looking forward to the "sword and board" Captain. Are we going for an over-the-top kitbash or something in keeping with the rest of your collection?

Nothing too over the top for this one. I've been fitting a relic blade from the vv box to tactical bolter arms in a two handed stance, the shield will be wrist/forearm mounted.

I, Grazcruzk, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash Captain Tycho and a Captain armed with a relic blade and stormshield on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the Scarlet Mantle, whilst failure is not an option...

Welcome! Quite looking forward to the "sword and board" Captain. Are we going for an over-the-top kitbash or something in keeping with the rest of your collection?

Nothing too over the top for this one. I've been fitting a relic blade from the vv box to tactical bolter arms in a two handed stance, the shield will be wrist/forearm mounted.

Looking forward to that. I had something similar in mind but decided against it for now. ;)

I Kierdale rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash from Blood Angel parts one Slaaneshi Chaos lord as a heretical out of contest entry on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the Psychopomps, whilst failure is not an option...

Edit: there is some lovely work from members so far. I should spend more time browsing your corner of the forums. You fraters put together some nice models!

Well I'm feeling my entry is pretty boring so far

|http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t613/John_Hammond/BAC%20EVENT/20170208_123410_zpsiomriucw.jpg

Only from bitzbox so far - though i have relented and have orded some Blood Angel extra gubbins and a shoulder guard.
I still love the old 2nd ed power fist so much

Edited by Mard

I wish I could like the 2nd ed fist more than once. I have a few kicking around but they are CAKED in paint from the olden days.

You'd be suprised how much of the old paint dettol can take off after 24hrs of soaking.

My Dark angels are all RT marines and I had to strip the hell of them to re-paint them.

I Gunzhard rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash a Sanguinary Priest on a bike, on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Chapter, whilst failure is not an option...

Parts to be used (rough draft):

Old style Space Marine Bike

Robed bike-mount legs (from Dark Vengeance??)

Torso from Baal Predator gunner

Head from Sanguinary Guard sprue

SM bike right arm

SM Apothecary backpack

SM Apothecary vials/medpack clipped from Apothecary torso

SM Apothecary narthecium

SM Honour Guard helix shoulder pad

SM old metal Baal Predator gunner shoulder pad

WHFB Bretonian Grail Knight Chalice from the old metal standard

random pistols and ammo boxes

This beauty has been kicking around my bits box for years:

First Priest entry, all the best with it :smile.: It certainly looks promising from those parts!

I, Arkangilos, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash a captain with a power lance, inferno pistol, and jump pack, on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the most devoted Sanguinary Crusaders chapter, whilst failure is not an option...

Entry logged :thumbsup:

I marine7312000 rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash a captain on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honour to the 206th company, IXth legion, whilst failure is not an option...

Glad to see another Captain entry :smile.: All the best!