OrbOfAntioch's WIP

OrbOfAntioch

• 8 months later...

Some close ups. I will work on a taping up light box at some point..

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/922/1ir3iF.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/924/etFON7.jpg

Where are those cool helmets from, they look like 40k IW helmets, if so how were you able to get so many, as I’ve always liked the way they look but don’t want to buy the upgrade spruce just for one helmet? Regardless your army looks fantastic. Kudos.

Awesome models and paintjobs.

That is  very interesting way of doing black. To me it looks like armour with stripes though rather than normal black.

I too would like to know where you got the helmets for the Sanguinary Guard.

Good eye Captain Smashy Pants. I bought countless IW packs, used the helmets (3/5 heads look like that and the other 2/5 have horns) and tossed the rest. 

To be fair that was extremely wasteful especially considering FW carries some very nice helmet options now. 

• 4 months later...

In light of Chapter Approved 2018 I thought it is a good time to rechronicle my existing forces and changed made in the past year:

I started by completely deconstructing all my limbs/backpacks to get more optimal wargear options:

7IB9As.jpg

46Q0ez.jpg

Voo0j0.jpg

w7hU0E.jpg

GXGGp2.jpg

These guys are relatively more recent, and are magnetized at 4 points so they are also bike compatible:

QD10YG.jpg

pa0f3O.jpg

Some other dudes are too complicated to disassemble or are just glued on too good with plastic glue:

sa3DbB.jpg

jmAxPt.jpg

The reward of the disassembly/reassembly is now I can have point efficient units like these:

UrVhKM.jpg

The "Morticon Special" of 10VVs with 5 SSs and 5 double CSs, which I think is a very cost efficient unit for damage output and stickiness 

And also some more base coating done on my red/gold marines in case they come in handy. In all honestly they're not gonna get a lot more love unless they can do something useful

PETRZm.jpg

taUVDQ.jpg

@brother_b Devastators are awesome especially tailoring in some HB/ML combos but I think 1) BA are too CP hungry to spam that and 2) I don't really enjoy playing stationary astartes so I suppose it's a personal preference..

Since BA Tacs are imo unplayable and I don't yet want to mass primaris and I HATE the look of scouts my battalion will now be these DC guys now pretending they are deathwatch:

9ds3sE.jpg

Since I still love Jump pack armies I might even just consider running BA as a Vanguard with 2 Caps 2 VVs 1DC. 1 Squad of 10 DC with naked B&C still has nice application with forlorn fury, although I think I'm fielding it more out of love than efficiency since they have just fallen so behind imo compared to VVets for the basic loadout, and I'd be crazy to go over 200pts on a unit DCs in 8th ed 

Archived