++// AUGUST ARENA 2017 - EVENT THREAD \\++

UPDATED TO THIS POINT

Welcome, new participants! Please PM someone from the participants list - or someone you have in mind, and discuss with them a possible challenge. Unfortunately, randomly challenging anyone, like GreyRavenC did here-above, is not the way to go. This event is about communication, real bonds of kinship and quality of both feedback and the resulting miniatures. If you wish to participate, you should really connect with a frater and discuss the terms of your challenge, and then declare your challenge in this thread. :tu:

So please, contact (through PM) someone from the non-challenged participants list, or someone you know from the forum in another way, and challenge them. :)

Non-challenged participants (if you are looking for someone to challenge, please contact one of these frater first. Many have declared which units they wish to create in their declaration, so check those too :thumbsup:)

Dolchiate Remembrancer - Declaration

Tankus Wokus - Declaration

GreyRavenC - Declaration

Varred - Declaration

The following challenges have thus far gone unanswered. Perhaps the issueing frater should contact their quaries? :tu:

ISSUED:

Chaplain Dosjetka VS Brother-Captain Arkhan - Character on Foot

MikhalLeNoir VS Vairocanum - Character on Foot 

Welcome, new participants! Please PM someone from the participants list - or someone you have in mind, and discuss with them a possible challenge. Unfortunately, randomly challenging anyone, like GreyRavenC did here-above, is not the way to go. This event is about communication, real bonds of kinship and quality of both feedback and the resulting miniatures. If you wish to participate, you should really connect with a frater and discuss the terms of your challenge, and then declare your challenge in this thread. :thumbsup:

I'm a daft man, please have patience with me :biggrin.: I'll change my post until I get a response

Edited by GreyRavenC

I, MikhalLeNoir, challenge Brother Vairocanum to step into the Arena with me, where we shall both build, paint, and base a Character on Foot . I shall bring forth a Praetor of the Sons of Russ (or someone else if Vairocanum chose so) before the deadline of August 31st, 2017. If they accept and complete the challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they accept and fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

I CHALLENGE THEE!!!!

I, Vairocanum, accept the challenge set to me by MikhalLeNoir, and step into the Arena, where we shall build, paint and base a Character on Foot. I shall bring forth a Rival Wolf Lord before the deadline of August 31st, 2017. If they complete their challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

I, Dolchiate Remembrancer, challenge Tankus Wokus to step into the Arena with me, where we shall both build, paint, and base a Infantry Unit. I shall bring forth a Squad of Blue Horrors before the deadline of August 31st, 2017. If they accept and complete the challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they accept and fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

I, Tankus Wokus, accept the challenge set to me by Dolchiate Remembrancer, and step into the Arena, where we shall build, paint and base an infantry unit. I shall bring forth a unit of Primaris Intercessors before the deadline of August 31st, 2017. If they complete their challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02

@KrautScientist: Hell, yeah, that's a great mounted Lord. Loving the casual striking pose as he's steering the bike into enemy ranks. The very subtle battle damage on the bike works well for tying together the older, less detailed parts with the newer, highly detailed bits. Also good to see an old-school backpack, fitting choice. - I second the above suggestion to put a spare Nurgling on the bike - if you have one? Thoughts? 

@Tangamarine: Coming along well. Saw them on Facebook already. My favorite is the assassin and, of course, the actual Inquisitor. Do you have an appropriate holstered pistol bit that fits the size of your models? I find Space Marine bits way too large for human-sized models, always looks ridiculously out of place. Could perhaps find an old IG/AM holstered pistol somewhere and bring it in on Saturday? - What's your paint scheme gonna be like? Any ideas yet? 

Edited by Brother Kortmer

I, GreyRavenC, challenge Varred to step into the Arena with me, where we shall both build, paint, and base a Character on foot. I shall bring forth a Techpriest Enginseer before the deadline of August 31st, 2017. If they accept and complete the challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they accept and fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

I hope I did it right this time :teehee:

Edited by GreyRavenC

I, ​Varred, accept the challenge set to me by ​GreyRavenC, and step into the Arena, where we shall build, paint and base a ​Character on Foot. I shall bring forth a Primaris Captain before the deadline of August 31st, 2017. If they complete their challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

Hurray! Everyone participating is now into a challenge! 

@ GreyRavenC: you did! Although I'm not quite sure what a foor is? :tongue.::wink::biggrin.:

I do have an unanswered challenges though - best make sure these frater are notified. :thumbsup:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT

And with that, it's time for me to start work. Today I picked up the GW Nurgle DP and I received two metal OP Bloodthrister wings in the mail. Weirdly, they're not made of the same alloy, and sadly, the old-oldschool metal one misses two claws, one of which is even missing completely! I guess I'll have to see what I'm going to be doing about that.... :ohmy.: 
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Death%20Guard/temporary_zpsiw7axpv7.jpg

@ BCK: You might have a head-start on me, but I will overcome my lower stature and slap you with my ultimate Nurgle giant-impy goodness!! :wink::tongue.:
tenor.gif
Seriously, ARE YOU READY???
giphy.gif
Edited by Augustus b'Raass

It's about time you got into this thing! That sucks about the broken wing though. 

AM I READY? LISTEN UP, BROTHER! I GOT MORE PUTTY CURING RIGHT NOW! THIS SCULPTING TRAIN AIN'T STOPPIN' FOR NOBODY!

http://i.imgur.com/Fn09xim.gif

@ GreyRavenC: you did! Although I'm not quite sure what a foor is? :tongue.::wink::biggrin.:

DAMNIT! I was so close!

Here's my base model to make an Techpriest-ish model from. I had this model for a while now, so finding an use for it sounds like a decent plan. He will fit in nicely with my upcoming Krieg commissars. Prepare yourself Varred! If all else fails: this model is pretty hard when thrown!

gallery_92826_13417_6399.jpg

@ Trokair @ Brother Kortmer: Cheers, guys! A Nurgling would be a nice little touch, but alas, I don't have one. I might be getting my hands on that Bell Guy from the Dark Millennium box soon, however, and the Nurgling clinging to his backpack may just be the perfect bit for the task. We will see...

@ Auggs: Good to see you finally managed to get your hands on that Nurgle DP, buddy! Your disappointment when he wasn't available a fortnight ago was palpable ;)

DAMNIT! I was so close!

Here's my base model to make an Techpriest-ish model from. I had this model for a while now, so finding an use for it sounds like a decent plan. He will fit in nicely with my upcoming Krieg commissars. Prepare yourself Varred! If all else fails: this model is pretty hard when thrown!

gallery_92826_13417_6399.jpg

Damn You already started!

Looking forward to your progres.For now it looks nice!

I must pick up the Captain frome the store and think about making him more Imperial Fist than he is.

Good start and I see i will have to do my very best to get out victorious.

Or do I? Not like i wanna get that mini in my face :P

Hurray! Everyone participating is now into a challenge! 

I do have an unanswered challenges though - best make sure these frater are notified. :thumbsup:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT

And with that, it's time for me to start work. Today I picked up the GW Nurgle DP and I received two metal OP Bloodthrister wings in the mail. Weirdly, they're not made of the same alloy, and sadly, the old-oldschool metal one misses two claws, one of which is even missing completely! I guess I'll have to see what I'm going to be doing about that.... :ohmy.: 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Death%20Guard/temporary_zpsiw7axpv7.jpg

@ BCK: You might have a head-start on me, but I will overcome my lower stature and slap you with my ultimate Nurgle giant-impy goodness!! :wink::tongue.:
tenor.gif
giphy.gif

MMMMmmmmmm finecast. Do Grandfather proud.  Really, I just keep looking at this update to watch Joffery get slapped.

Andrew, well that’s a lot of contenders. ;) May the best one armed marine win the right to have a new arm :p

GreyRavenC – where is the model from? From the dilapidated cloths I am guessing cultist but I cannot place it.  

GreyRavenC, where's that cool figure from?

Been a whirlwind of sculpting, putting this beast in the putty oven, rinsing, and repeating. The front of the torso is pretty much done. Still have to do the arms and the back, and here's a comparison shot to the original BT torso. 

http://i.imgur.com/EsFGAEp.png

I also increased the size of his eyes and the structure around it and a few bigger teeth which need more work. 

http://i.imgur.com/sxC0LN4.png