gallery_62972_10568_348966.jpg

sml_gallery_62972_10568_1098.jpg Overview of the RTS

Welcome to the fourth incarnation of "From Rage to Salvation" the Blood Angels sub-forum’s painting event!

We all have that half complete army, the squad you always wanted to expand; the Death Company jump squad that was left half-done. The Librarium Painting Competition and the E Tenebrae Lux built on that with competitive incentives for painting new additions by challenging the other forums. However, there are those who did not participate, those who failed their vows, and those who did not vow as much as they had hoped to. The "From Rage to Salvation" event will provide us with an incentive to complete these half done projects and to keep the inherent artisan flame inside us burning for longer.

In its simplest form, this is a casual event that will allow us to complete our old projects and/or begin afresh in a stress-free setting, all at a time when the Blood Angels need both enthusiasm and loyalty from Frater new and old alike.
For those new to the event, welcome! Should you be interested, the servitor-thralls have unlocked transcript logs of the first, second, and third events and these can be found here , here, and here respectively. To our veteran participants, welcome back!

sml_gallery_62972_10568_1098.jpg Spirit of the RTS

Just like the ETL, there is a set of unwritten rules for self-regulation amongst the Frater. Like any painting competition on the B&C, they exist to help you all to improve your technique and the standard of your painting, be it asking and giving advice and generally improving your painting regardless of your skill level. Bear in mind that one shouldn’t compromise their skill level during this competition - it’s better to do a smaller vow painted to the best of your ability than a large sub-par job (according to your own personal standards of which you are the only judge).
A good example of that is basing. The fact that doing bases is not compulsory for a Primary Vow in the RTS is for the benefit of those who do not yet posses the skill of doing proper basing or have yet to decide on what scheme they wish to use. If, however, you do posses the skill and you will not consider the model complete unless you base it then it is expected that you do base it.

In short, this event aims to help you achieve something you can be proud of. Something you can say that the RTS helped you complete and quality over quantity will always be preferred.

In addition to completing those half done jobs, the purpose of the RTS is also give the opportunity to people to paint their minis how they like them, not necessarily according to GW doctrine- it’s all about creativity and imagination. As such, it is possible to see some unorthodox painting/modelling - such as World Eaters Legion Rampager Squad suitably converted to Flesh Tearers Death Company or Stormcast Eternals as Hammenators/BA Daemons (see below). All these are totally welcome and well in the spirit of the event. However, if people are using the count-as to just paint totally unsuitable models (using Space Marines Tacticals to represent Blood Angels Tacticals for example) then this works against the principle of the RTS. After all, the RTS is all about faction loyalty to that of the Blood Angels.

Another point (that is actually part of the official rules) is that it is expected that you start work on your entries after you submitted your vows and not before. Similarly, one should not mock the competition by entering (for example) a Tactical Squad needing only their eye sockets painted as a Primary Vow, and so on.

Lastly, the RTS is an opportunity to paint your army while having fun interacting with other Frater within the BA community. There is an element of friendly competition – which is intended and welcome; friendly banter is not only tolerated, but anticipated. That said, this is still intended as light-hearted fun. Please keep that in mind in your exchanges and also that there may be a language barrier or that people can be on a different wavelength. Make sure you use appropriate tone and don’t forget the smileys – they go a long way to give context and remember, B&C rules always take precedence so play nice.

sml_gallery_62972_10568_1098.jpg Rules for the RTS

Below are the rules which govern From Rage to Salvation 2017:

Duration
Just under three months from September 4th to November 30th, 2017. Participants can join at any time during the lifetime of the event.

Entry requirements
  • As this is a Blood Angels event, participants must pledge anything relevant to our Faction from any system covered by B&C, chosen from the “Primary Vows” list below. You may pledge as many of these as you wish.
  • Additionally, you may choose something off the “Secondary Vows” list to work on alongside your Primary Vow. You may pledge as many of these as you wish and both this and the Primary Vow must be finished for your vow to be deemed complete. Finally, Secondary Vows can be added at a later date once cleared with me by PM but can't be made without a Primary Vow
  • Models can be at any state of completion when entered, from completely unpainted to almost done!
  • Each vow must be finished before another one is made
  • A vow is registered by declaring your vow and posting a starting picture. It is declared complete when you post a completion picture
  • A vow is made using the following template:

I [insert name here] rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete [insert units here] on or before November 30th, 2017. Should I bring honour to the [insert Chapter/Legion/Strikeforce/etc] I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

Primary Vows
Primary Vows are any unit that can legally be chosen to represent a Blood Angels force in the 40k universe at the time of writing:

• Any legal unit from Faction: Adeptus Astartes Blood Angels
  • Any legal unit from Faction: Legion Astartes Blood Angels
  • Any legal unit from Battlefleet Gothic pledged to the Blood Angels (or her Successors)
  • Any legal unit from Epic 4000 pledged to the Blood angels (or her Successors)
  • Any BA-themed fortification

Secondary Vows
A Secondary Vow represents all the little extra things that go along with our collections. Things such as pintle weapon choices, magnetisation choices, single Tactical Marines, and so on go here. These can be added at a later date should you wish, but they will need to be cleared with me first via PM.

• Any unit/model upgrade for those in the Primary Vow category
  • Any extra/alternative weapons for those in the Primary Vow category
  • Artwork for those in the Primary Vow category
  • Fluff for those in the Primary Vow category
  • Bases and/or transfers for those in the Primary Vow category
  • Anything from the following list:
    • Any Imperial Knight from Index: Imperium II, any Cerastus-pattern Knight from Index: Forces of the Astra Militarum
    • Any Assassin from Index: Imperium II
    • Any Inquisitor from Index: Imperium II
    • Any Titan from Index: Forces of the Astra Militarum
    • Cypher

sml_gallery_62972_10568_109145.jpg
Death Company
Death Company
As is now customary with the RTS, there is a section set aside for the Death Company. Amongst its ranks are those who have failed their vows in any relevant B&C event (so there bear the badge of the Oathbreaker, or the Carceres Ira). For this year's event, Frater may volunteer for Death Company duty whereby they will receive their own special mission:
  • To fully complete their failed legacy vow(s) thereby casting aside their rage and attaining salvation

A list of failed vows can be found here and by following the links therein. If you wish to atone for past sins, you need the following template

I [insert name here] wish to requite my past failings and recover my honour by completing [insert failed vow here] from [insert event here] on or before November 30th, 2017. During this time I shall were the insignia of the Death Company, only to be cast aside once my shame is finally avenged.

Death Company insignia:

gallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Should they complete their vow and attain salvation during (or even before) the event, they are encouraged to pledge something else. Should they fail, damnation and a fate with Astorath awaits...

Re-vowing
If participants have achieved their target before the end of the three month period they can pledge again. There is no upper limit on vows but any failure will nullify all previous completions. Death Company members wishing to re-vow may subsequently complete another failed legacy vow or join the Angelic Host and vice-versa.

sml_gallery_62972_10568_1098.jpg Awards

If participants have achieved their target before the end of the three month period they can pledge again. If at the end of the event they have completed all their pledges they'll get the IRATUS DOMINUS badge. If not they have failed Sanguinius and may carry the badge of CARCERES IRA!

Behold and feast your eyes on the:

IRATUS DOMINUS

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

And the:

CARCERES IRA

gallery_62972_10568_11157.jpg

The award is won, and may be carried, when completing a vow but lost if any vow's are incomplete by the end of November. As for the Death Company, if Salvation is attained there may be a secret award lying in wait...

Who will shine the most in this display of loyalty to our Primarch and Legion?

sml_gallery_62972_10568_1098.jpg FAQs

Q: How incomplete can something be for a valid entry?
A: The rules state that something can be entered from unpainted to almost complete, however, as per the spirit of the RTS paragraph, you should vow something that will earn you the Iratus Dominus award. For example, a Tactical Marine Squad that requires only its eye sockets painted green isn’t a suitable Primary Vow. If in doubt, send me a PM.

Examples:
Suitable vow:

gallery_62972_9848_519491.jpg
This needs 1/2 more coats of red, shading, highlighting, metallics, magnetising, gluing, and so on. It is a valid Primary vow.

Unsuitable vow:

gallery_62972_9848_689936.jpg
All these models need is some highlighting, barrels drilling, and some tidying up - I consider them 95% complete and feel they aren't suitable for a Primary vow. However, I could vow them as a Secondary vow...

Q: Why are Allies not allowed within the RTS when there are non-BA choices to choose from?
A: Allies are not a valid choice for the RTS as this is a BA event. However, there are exceptions. The Secondary Vow exceptions are those which often appear as singular units alongside BA forces and ones which many Frater have in their collections but are considered illegal to paint for the ETL.

Q: What do you mean by a BA-themed Fortification?
A: Basically, we don't want any old Fortification entered. As this is a BA event, and Fortification needs to be suitably identified/claimed by the Blood Angels. This could be simple as adding transfers to the walls, to a full Baal-flavoured scratchbuilt Bastion. The limits are simply your imagination.

Q: What does a sample vow look like?
A: Vows can be a combination of things: you could choose one or more from the Primary Vow list, or a selection of choices from the Primary and Secondary Vow list. For example, a vow could be:
  • Tactical Squad
  • Tactical Squad and Bolterback
  • Tactical Squad, transfers for three Tactical Squads, and all three FW pintle-weapons for a Cerberus.

sml_gallery_62972_10568_1098.jpg Acknowledgments

Many thanks to Taranis for inventing the From Rage to Salvation event for for his blessing as we continue it in his absence.
Thanks to the Moderation Team for their blessing regarding the event's revival and for their assistance.
Thanks to Charlo and Herald of Sanguinius for their work on the signature awards
...and finally thanks to the B&C and the B&C Frater for being here and thereby having an interest in such things. Hope you all enjoy the event!

sml_gallery_62972_10568_1098.jpg Event Tags

/equip modhat

The correct use of tags can be found here. Basically, this is a method of making things easier to search to people can gain fast, easy access to your work and that of others. The official RTS tags are:
  • From Rage to Salvation
  • From Rage to Salvation 2017
  • Blood Angels Painting Event

... in addition to all the usual things like Blood Angels WIP, and so on. If we can remember to add these to our work then that would be great.

Edited by Jolemai

sml_gallery_62972_10568_1098.jpg Vows

The Angelic Host
What follows are the vows of the Angelic Host. These follow the vow format for non-Death Company Frater and will be separated out into Primary and Secondary Vows where appropriate.

Alexarius
  • Primary vow - 1 x 5 Hellblasters

Anamnesis

• Primary vow - 1 x 5 Intercessors
  • Secondary vow - 2 x Primaris Lieutenant

Arkaniss

• Primary vow - 2 x 5 Sanguinary Guard, 1 x Chaplain, Sanguinary Priest, 5 Terminators, Captain, Librarian,
  • Secondary vow - Finishing touches to 2 x 5 Assault Terminators

Blindhamster

• Primary vow - 1 x Primaris Intercessor Veteran Sergeant

BluejayJunior

• Primary vow - 2 x 10 Death Company

Boudan

• Primary vow - 1 x Assback
  • Secondary vow - 1 x 6 lightning claws

Brother Aether

• Primary vow - 1 x Furioso Dreadnought, x4 Sanguinary Guard
  • Secondary vow - Magnets and bits painted for a Librarian Dreadnought, basing Dante, Sanguinary Ancient, Sanguinary Guard

brother_b

• Primary vow - 1 x 5 RAS

Brother Lemartes:

• Primary vow - 1 x Lemartes, Captain
  • Secondary vow - Details, bits & bobs, and jump packs for 5 VAS

Charlo

• Primary vow - 1 x 3 Interceptors

Demolius

• Primary vow - 1 Primaris Captain, x 3 Interceptors, x 5 Hellblasters, x 5 Intercessors

Ekfud

• Primary vow - 1 x 10 RAS
  • Secondary vow - 1 x 10 magnetised backpacks

Grazcruzk

• Primary vow - 1 x 5 Intercessors
  • Secondary vow - 1 x 2 Intercessors, 2 Hellblasters, 1 Eversor Assassin

Jolemai

• Primary vow - 1 x TDA Captain

LamenterMarine

• Primary vow - 1 x 10 Assault Marines, 10 Assault Terminators, x 20 Legion Breacher Siege Squad
  • Out of Competition vow - 1 Ironclad Dreadnought

Lord Janos

• Primary vow - 1 x 19 Intercessors
  • Secondary vow - 1 x Intercessor (Sergeant)

Lucumon

• Primary vow - 2 x Devastator Squads, 1 x Dante, Sanguinary Ancient, 9 Sanguinary Guard, Sanguinor

Mcrat

• Primary vow - 1 x Primaris Captain

our_baz

• Primary vow - 1 x Sanguinary Priest, 5 Sternguard

RelentlessPursuit

• Primary vow - 1 x 5 Intercessor, 5 Hellblaster

Riot Earp

• Primary Vow - 2 x TDA Chaplain, 1 x Relic Contemptor, 1 x 5 VAS, 1 x Spartan Assault Tank

Schwills

• Primary vow - 1 x Captain, Company Ancient, 2 Command Veterans, Company Champion, Sanguinary Novitae

SM1981

• Primary vow - 1 x Rhino

Spagunk

• Primary vow - 1 x Company Ancient, Sanguinary Guard Ancient, x 6 Sanguinary Guard, Lasback
  • Secondary vow - 1 x 1 Death Company

sockwithaticket

• Primary vow - 1 x Chaplain, Captain

Spyros

• Primary vow - 1 x Damocles Command Rhino, Land Raider Phobos

TheHarrower

• Primary vow - 1 x 8 Death Company, 5 Scouts, 6 Tactical Marines

Thoridon

• Primary vow - 1 x 5 RAS, Captain, x 4 Sanguinary Guard, Sanguinary Priest, 5 Tacticals, 5 Terminators, Gabriel Seth

The Lost
What follows are the vows of The Lost. Note that as they are charged with completing their failed legacy vows before making any further vows, vows listed herein are slightly different from those who are entering the competition and using the RTS format.

Jolemai
  • 1 x Land Speeder Typhoon, Whirlwind with searchlight

marine7312000

• 1 x Cullexus Assassin, Eversor Assassin

Edited by Jolemai
Vows updated!

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai, first of his name, wish to requite my past failings and recover my honour by completing one Land Speeder Typhoon with multi-melta and one Whirlwind with searchlight from ETL 1 on or before November 30th, 2017. During this time I shall were the insignia of the Death Company, only to be cast aside once my shame is finally avenged.

gallery_62972_9848_474365.jpg

Edited by Jolemai
Picture added

Do failed secondary vows add me to the Death Company? Just realized that I never did my assassins in RTS 2015...:blush.:

They are a failed vow from a relevant event, so you would qualify for DC duty if you wish. Or you can paint something else, your choice :)

I'm going to need some help as I don't have the index. Is a Chaplain with power axe still a legal build?

Sadly not :sad.:

Bolt pistol, boltgun, powerfist, combi-flamer/grav/melta/plasma, stormbolter, hand flamer, inferno pistol, plasma pistol, grav-pistol.

Edited by Jolemai

Well that's a not inconsiderable kick in the nards. I shall instead repaint one of my old Chaplains who has a plasma pistol and is in dire need of being brought up to current standards. Picture and proper vow tomorrow.

Indeed. The model in question was/is a beauty. Still, I'm sure your back catalogue is full of impressive stuff all the same :)

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai, first of his name, wish to requite my past failings and recover my honour by completing one Land Speeder Typhoon with multi-melta and one Whirlwind with searchlight from ETL 1 on or before November 30th, 2017. During this time I shall were the insignia of the Death Company, only to be cast aside once my shame is finally avenged.

gallery_62972_9848_474365.jpg

Picture added :)

I haven't worked on my Successors for a little while (distracted by Death Guard) and this seems like a good excuse, so I will make a couple of small vows;

• 1 Captain with Inferno Pistol & "Power Fist"
  • 1 Captain in Terminator Armour with "Thunder Hammer"

Pictures to follow later on!

I haven't worked on my Successors for a little while (distracted by Death Guard) and this seems like a good excuse, so I will make a couple of small vows;

• 1 Captain with Inferno Pistol & "Power Fist"
  • 1 Captain in Terminator Armour with "Thunder Hammer"
Pictures to follow later on!

Sounds perfect :) Stick it in the vow template when you throw up the starting picture and you're good to go :tu:

I, Boudan, vow to complete:

One (1) Razorback with Assault Cannon and Storm Bolter, on or before November 30, 2017. 

As a secondary vow, I vow to complete six (6) magnetized lightning claw arms. 

Success will bring honor to the Lamenters Chapter, and all sons of Sanguinius, while failure shall consign me to the ranks of the Death Company.

Pictures forthcoming.

I marine7312000 wish to requite my past failings and recover my honour by completing Culexus and Eversor from RTS2015 on or before November 30th, 2017. During this time I shall were the insignia of the Death Company, only to be cast aside once my shame is finally avenged.

20170905 104928

Not pledging yet, just organizing some thoughts...

I have a Land Raider unprimed

I have a Stormraven primed and AB highlighted, and a tiny bit of black and decals

I have shooty terminators primed and AB highlighted

I have scout bikes primed and AB highlighted

I have SP on bike primed and AB highlighted

I have Captain Karlaen primed and AB highlighted

I have Librarian Terminator primed and AB highlighted

I have 3 Land Speeders primed, need new weapons (magnetized)

I have a tactical squad primed and AB highlighted, and some black and metallic on a few

And actually a LOT LOT LOT more... but with less interest.

I'm thinking maybe, Captain Karlaen, the shooty terminators and the 3 Land Speeders...

I marine7312000 wish to requite my past failings and recover my honour by completing Culexus and Eversor from RTS2015 on or before November 30th, 2017. During this time I shall were the insignia of the Death Company, only to be cast aside once my shame is finally avenged.

Vow added, all the best :tu:

I have a Stormraven primed and AB highlighted, and a tiny bit of black and decals

I have a tactical squad primed and AB highlighted, and some black and metallic on a few

I'm thinking maybe, Captain Karlaen, the shooty terminators and the 3 Land Speeders...

It's a casual event, so don't overstretch yourself. Just do whatever takes your fancy :)

Btw, what does AB highlighted mean?

I Ekfud rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete (10) man Assault marine squad w/Jump packs on or before November 30th, 2017.

As a secondary vow, I vow to complete (10) magnetised backpacks for said ASM. 

Success will bring honor to the Blood Angels chapter, while failure shall consign me to the ranks of the Death Company.

ASM basecoat WIP

Heh - that is kind of my thing... 

"Yep, these have been airbrush basecoated so... done?"

*Buy more models*

I, The Harrower, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete 6 Tactical Marines, 8 Death Company, and 5 Scouts on or before November 30th, 2017. Should I bring honour to the IX Legion and our most revered angel Sanguinius, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

http://icirclegames.com/external/vow1tactical.jpg

http://icirclegames.com/external/vow1scouts.jpg

http://icirclegames.com/external/vow1deathcompany.jpg

I'll post updates in my WIP thread.

I Riot Earp rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete one relic contemptor with two twin autocannons, two terminator chaplains and 5 SS TH Vanguard Vets  on or before November 30th, 2017. Should I bring honour to the Blood AngelsI will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

d4OzRXG.jpg

ympygYu.jpg

fXxNZIs.jpg

0NbK6MM.jpg

I Ekfud rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete (10) man Assault marine squad w/Jump packs on or before November 30th, 2017.

As a secondary vow, I vow to complete (10) magnetised backpacks for said ASM. 

Success will bring honor to the Blood Angels chapter, while failure shall consign me to the ranks of the Death Company.

Welcome to the event Efkud! What magnets are you using? 3x1?

I, The Harrower, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete 6 Tactical Marines, 8 Death Company, and 5 Scouts on or before November 30th, 2017. Should I bring honour to the IX Legion and our most revered angel Sanguinius, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

http://icirclegames.com/external/vow1tactical.jpg

http://icirclegames.com/external/vow1scouts.jpg

http://icirclegames.com/external/vow1deathcompany.jpg

I'll post updates in my WIP thread.

Vow logged! As for the updates, it's fine to post them in your WIP thread - just don't be a stranger to this one! :smile.:

Edited by Jolemai