Adeptus Arbites hint in White Dwarf

Cyrox

Really depends on the theme of the army.

If GW bothered to give AM some new miniatures, (huge miss with the tempestus, where plastic kaskrin would keep with the theme) I would be all over it.

Edited by Sete

Arbites have been described as having their own ships, armoured vehicles and heavy weaponry. They supplement the PDF and local law enforcement whilst also ensuring that the PDF and local law enforcement stick to Imperial Law - Pax Imperium. 

If released for 40k I can see them being a similar size release to the Sisters Of Silence or the Custodes. I'd imagine them supporting an Inquisitor, Ministorum/Sisters Force or Imperial Guard. Possibly a Dual Kit building shotgun/boltgun armed Arbites and Baton/Riot Shield equipped Arbites.  

I made an Adeptus Arbites army several years ago using the second generation Necromunda figures. Played them as a veteran Guard force with carapace armour and dremelled off a few dozen bolters to re-equip 4 squads with lasguns and special weapons. There are 3 unmodified squads with shotguns and grenade launchers.

Heavy support includes 6 tanks with FW turrets on kit bashed hulls (a combination of Leman Russ and Chimera hulls) with Chapterhouse 6-wheel chassis, 2 Thunderer siege tanks, an Earthshaker platform and and a Basilisk. For transport they had a pair of Arvus lighters, 2 Vendettas, 2 Repressors and 4 Chimeras. They also have 2 Salamander Scout vehicles, and a Trojan (which can now carry a squad of up to 6 figures).

Thanks to the rule changes in 8th my Arbites no longer have carpace armour and count as elite Veterans instead of troops. The Repressors have been repurposed as Inquisition vehicles - other than Sisters only the Inquisition can take them now. Wish GW would stick to their fluff which was that the Sisters got the idea to use Repressors from the Arbites.

Arbites yes please, GC no. They already have models man!

Though I wouldn't be surprised if the get rules for the new game though.

I'd love to see Arbites/Enforcers in Necromunda! We used to play an "Assault on Precinct 13" scenario with Grenadier's old Kill Zone rules and I'd love to do it in Necromunda.

Genestealer Cults are a natural for this setting - this is exaclty the sort of place where they like to establish and grow!

Me and a couple buddies are doing a narrative campaign that details the rise of a genestealer cult and the following Tyranid invasion, starting with 3 Genestealers in SWA, doing a 7 promethium SWA campaign, currently in a map campaign with GSC vs Marines and Guard, and we'll finish it off with a Planetstrike Tyranid campaign if GSC wins the map campaign or an apocalypse battle if imperium wins.

• 2 weeks later...

I do, but I don't currently have any image share accounts to allow me to post it.  It's the picture for July, 2018.

If you have an account at B&C (which you do) then you can upload your image to your B&C gallery. Look at the top left of the screen and you'll see a little arrow for a pull-down menu next to your avatar/screen name. Bottom right option on the pulldown menu is "my gallery".

That said, I just add my voice to the chorus of those happy to see arbites and assuming they'll be for the revamped Necromunda, but nothing says you can't use them in 40K as Acolytes or Imperial Guardsmen of some description.

Wow.  Want those as models! 

Woman in the centre has an Inquisition pendant.  Arbites aren't linked to the Inquisition, are they?

And the medusa looking dude in the back has a Mechanicus logo. 

I buy now please

I made an Arbites army to use with Imperial Guard rules about 8 years ago. They're all second generation Necromunda models and were fielded as veterans in carapace armour. 28 had their bolters dremelled and carved off and replaced with the plastic lasguns with folding stocks, and 6 more got melta guns, plasma guns and flamers to give more special weapon options. 4 units have lasguns and 3 have shotguns. Some Sgt. figures with the ornate helmet got bolt pistols for the pointing arm, and chainswords , power swords. or a bolter for the right arm. About half remain stock. with shotgun and holstered pistol.

Having lost the carapace armour they're not as good in 8th but may get some use. Some will be used for Shadow War Armageddon.

I have 18 unmodified Arbites with bolters that are used as 3 units of Inquistion Acolytes.

• 1 year later...

This looks like the next big setting for Necromunda and they mention the presence of Palatine Enforcers, so now would be a good time to give us the models. They will probably go down the route of Enforcers instead of Arbites as dealing with a few gangs is much more a matter for local law enforcement. The Arbites only care about Imperial Law and shooting the governor if he goes rogue.

That said I'm hopping they will be like the old metal models and can stand as Arbites with the addition of a few more eagle shoulder pads etc. I really hope they don't go down another route and make them sci fi bobbies or gendarmes. 

Edited by Beaky Brigade

They will have to alter the models from the old metal ones.... you cant take people to court for infringing your IP and then do the same to other people (2000 AD, espically as Warlord Games did a Judge Dread game system a couple of years ago*)

The old metal Arbites where designed when GW had the 2000AD licence....

So with that in mind I do think they will  not touch the arbites but rather create the Palatine Enforcers from the slump up!

*edit... its no longer on their website... so GW might be waiting for the time period where model IP no longer applys

Edited by Slasher956

They will have to alter the models from the old metal ones.... you cant take people to court for infringing your IP and then do the same to other people (2000 AD, espically as Warlord Games did a Judge Dread game system a couple of years ago*)

The old metal Arbites where designed when GW had the 2000AD licence....

So with that in mind I do think they will  not touch the arbites but rather create the Palatine Enforcers from the slump up!

I mean, technically they've already redesigned the Arbites. The cover of Enforcer (the Shira Calpurnia omnibus) came out in 2010 and this is the design:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/2/25/Enforcer.jpg

Looks fairly similar to the old Arbites, just sans-helmet.