Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

After a couple months of inactivity with my Night Lords, brought on by Covid19's closedown of Games Workshop, I've gotten something I ordered back in March :lol:

The WIP of Tarsus Vorgan 'the Undying'

1tNzzeW.jpg

As of right now, he's done until I get another box of Chaos Terminators so I can get a left-handed Combi-Bolter.

That's a cool colour scheme, but I don't recognize the chapter - Which book did you finish reading?

Thanks! And it was Spear of the Emperor by Aaron Demski-Bowden, said Chapter is the Emperor's Spears.

really like these, the paleness of the blue goes so nicely with the gold!

Thanks!

In other news, my Master Lazarus and Primaris Ancient are done:

F6PrFnw.jpg

U5rE04p.jpg

Just need some final highlights here and there on both, and also a Transfer icon for the center (and some more Micron pens to do the scroll) and some weathering powders to finish him a bit better than the light drybrush of Ulthuan Grey around their feet

Also, some more support for my Dark Angels from Forge World should be arriving soon:

FHi9hmF.jpg

Those are soem wicked cool miniatures, dude.

A stern point of critique though: if you can do faces as well as you did on the Captain,  you can do FAR better on the robe highlights on the Standard Bearer. Go back to it and improve those, because you're selling yourself short, if you ask me. 

Those are soem wicked cool miniatures, dude.

A stern point of critique though: if you can do faces as well as you did on the Captain,  you can do FAR better on the robe highlights on the Standard Bearer. Go back to it and improve those, because you're selling yourself short, if you ask me. 

Thanks!

And.... Yeah, I can. It just requires glazing. And I hate having to do that because it takes so frigging long :laugh.: But I really should do that, yeah.

I'll likely do more touching up on the robes when I go to finish the model.

Edited by Gederas

Just finished the final touches on a Praetor for my Dark Angels. As soon as I saw the Lufgt Huron model from Forge World, I knew I had to turn him into a Dark Angel.

Say "hello" to Gustavus, Legionnaire born of Nordyc, Terra; Praetor I Legion Astartes - Later first Chapter Master of the Northern Lions:

UlrPX7D.jpg
HhIcE9R.jpg
bxFVeqo.jpg
7WYxbbL.jpg

Personally, I think this model would represent him during the Late Heresy-era, with an early prototype of what would go on to become the standard Storm Bolter.
Edited by Gederas

Oh my, that terminator praetor... is really something. Holy hell, I am speechless and really tempted to get Lufgt Huron for myself to convert something out of him.
Seriously, tremendous work, that model is gorgerous.

Oh my, that terminator praetor... is really something. Holy hell, I am speechless and really tempted to get Lufgt Huron for myself to convert something out of him.

Seriously, tremendous work, that model is gorgerous.

Thanks! Just be aware if you want the model to have an Indomitus Terminator helmet, you need to shave down Huron's distinctive gorget, as I did. Otherwise, he's stuck looking up into the sky :lol:

Yeah this is pretty much a perfect conversion. You've completely altered his profile - fantastic work!

That's high praise coming from you! :lol:

In other news, I got several comments to swap the stormbolter for a Combi-Bolter... So with very, very nervous hands, I did:

M5ji19r.jpg

Really nice!! I didn't mind the storm bolter, but you could have him now as a mid or even early Heresy version. Nice work on the pauldron, suits him. 

Thanks! Which pauldron though? The Huron Lion head one? That's the reason why I came up with the kitbash actually :lol:

In other news, I've started on my Zone Mortalis 9 force, 6 Flamestorm Aggressors:

FnK6xzA.jpg

Well, since the Aggressors didn't catch any attention.... How about some brand new models already kitbashed? :lol:

Since I got Indomitus today... Take a looksie at some converted Indomitus models!

Lieutenant:
YZCItre.jpg

pXlkicF.jpg

Master:

mB0nZlP.jpg

vBnOnYY.jpg

Judiciar:

OOPV9QF.jpg

Assault Intercessors (primed them as soon as I got home as I built them in the shop):
nBCb1Bo.jpg

4lCdPE1.jpg

The most heavily converted Assault Intercessor:
VaLzUO3.jpg

Eradicators:

JwGdgH7.jpg

Outriders (need another set of the Ravenwing Upgrade frame to finish the fairings on the other two bikes):
ayrvPhH.jpg

The Bladeguard and Bladeguard Ancient are built, but am waiting on some Deathwing shoulder pads (I ordered from the Reliquary on Shapeways from our own Ezr91aeL). The Chaplain is also waiting on a head.

Excited to see some of the 1st Indomitus kit bashes and proper in honor of the Lion and the 1st! Great work!

The blade guard really lends itself to Dark Angels.

Thanks! You'll like this next one then. Because, well...

The Chaplain is also waiting on a head.

So.... I DID have the regular Primaris Chaplain's head. It was with all my other Hooded heads.... Because I'm smrt and didn't think to check there until just now :lol:

But, here's the Indomitus Chaplain looking like a proper Chaplain now!

TGKtmEa.jpg

AfazHw4.jpg

spfQRVO.jpg

Good stuff! The Lieutenant looks great, and the Master looks really nice with the simple head swap, adds character. The Chaplain looks good, though the DA icon on his back breaks up the silhouette of the model to me. Maybe use a smaller icon?

Really nice!! I didn't mind the storm bolter, but you could have him now as a mid or even early Heresy version. Nice work on the pauldron, suits him. 

Thanks! Which pauldron though? The Huron Lion head one? That's the reason why I came up with the kitbash actually :laugh.:

The Dark Angel emblem one, haha. 

Good stuff! The Lieutenant looks great, and the Master looks really nice with the simple head swap, adds character. The Chaplain looks good, though the DA icon on his back breaks up the silhouette of the model to me. Maybe use a smaller icon?

Thanks! Which pauldron though? The Huron Lion head one? That's the reason why I came up with the kitbash actually :laugh.:

The Dark Angel emblem one, haha. 

I did end up going with the smaller icon. Definitely sits better on the model now. :yes:

And okay, thanks!

In other news: Got some more Plasma to my Pile o Shame :laugh.:

nmOwQ6L.jpg