Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

Excellent works, Gederas.

Thanks!

Cool conversions! I also like the shade of green of your DA!

Thank you! The green is simply just the standard Dark Angels colours (Caliban Green, Nuln Oil, Warpstone Glow). Looking at the pictures I realized I need to blend the Lieutenant's robes a bit more....

Additionally, I had the Warhammer equivalent of finding that awesome band T-shirt you thought you lost/a wad of money underneath your mattress. While searching for the Slaanesh half Wrath & Rapture for a friend, I found out I didn't have it. I did find out, however, that the Knight Paladin I built on Sunday isn't alone. Not one, but TWO Knights were hiding beneath boxes:

EsNn4Io.jpg

In addition to those three, I have four Helverins.... Looks like I've got a bigger leg up on House Orhlacc than I thought :lol:

Excellent works, Gederas.

Thanks!

Cool conversions! I also like the shade of green of your DA!

Thank you! The green is simply just the standard Dark Angels colours (Caliban Green, Nuln Oil, Warpstone Glow). Looking at the pictures I realized I need to blend the Lieutenant's robes a bit more....

Additionally, I had the Warhammer equivalent of finding that awesome band T-shirt you thought you lost/a wad of money underneath your mattress. While searching for the Slaanesh half Wrath & Rapture for a friend, I found out I didn't have it. I did find out, however, that the Knight Paladin I built on Sunday isn't alone. Not one, but TWO Knights were hiding beneath boxes:

EsNn4Io.jpg

In addition to those three, I have four Helverins.... Looks like I've got a bigger leg up on House Orhlacc than I thought :laugh.:

Great News.... BUT.... how the hell do you misplace two Knights !!??!! :laugh.: ….

Awesome work here gedera's , the Guardian of the covenant that used to live inside of me approves :thumbsup:

Mithril

[image snipped]

In addition to those three, I have four Helverins.... Looks like I've got a bigger leg up on House Orhlacc than I thought :laugh.:

Great News.... BUT.... how the hell do you misplace two Knights !!??!! :laugh.: ….

Awesome work here gedera's , the Guardian of the covenant that used to live inside of me approves :thumbsup:

Mithril

Simple: I put them in boxes because I didn't feel like painting them, and then promptly forgot about them for a few months as I shuffled things around.

And another update for the Knights, I've finished the four Helverins I got from a friend:
c3mBCSF.jpg

Had to build everything but the torsos without instructions. Wasn't too difficult, but the thigh pistons were annoying to figure out where they go without them :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

No new painted models (working on the rest of Indomitus this month). Buuuuuuuuuuut.....

Something showed up on Sunday! :wub:

O58HrP3.jpg

(yes, that's two boxes of the Lion you see there)

So, I got to building him yesterday after I did the scrubbing. And I have to say, he's a tall'un:
TSBuYx9.jpg

I also magnetized not just Lion El'Jonson's weapons, but ALSO the scabbards for said weapons!

Lion Sword:

Sj2QlpD.jpg

cF7qjLB.jpg

PVE339i.jpg

Wolf Blade:

fZILcIi.jpg

XKvwcLq.jpg

QxJpphr.jpg

Well done on the magnetization for the sword and their scabards! That's smart thinking!

That Caestus looks better than mine. I've had mine for years, and as it was worse thatn yours, I never felt the need to actually build it. Seeing you do it makes it even more daunting! lolz

Regarding the highlight on the shoulder pads - I see what you mean of course and you are right. But why not put some highlights on the pads like you do on the green tabards?  

Shiny! The Legion Praetor is an excellent mini, as is The Lion himself. Looking forward to what you do with them!

They really are. And thank you!

Oh that's a very nice supply drop there, kudos for magnetising the scabbards, it's a cool addition to the kit that they actually include two different ones.

I mean, I spent 131 dollars for a gaming piece, and since this one has unique scabbards for each sword so..... And yeah, I really liked that it comes with two scabbards.

Well done on the magnetization for the sword and their scabards! That's smart thinking!

That Caestus looks better than mine. I've had mine for years, and as it was worse thatn yours, I never felt the need to actually build it. Seeing you do it makes it even more daunting! lolz

Regarding the highlight on the shoulder pads - I see what you mean of course and you are right. But why not put some highlights on the pads like you do on the green tabards?  

I was originally thinking one magnet would be fine but... It caused the scabbards to go all sorts of wonky. So the second was needed.

And yeah, the Caestus was.... Difficult to assemble to say the least....

Regarding the pads: That could be something, yeah. I'm still not too sure on it, but I could try it in the future.

Looking forward to the Lion! :smile.:

Probably will be working on him next Month. Need to figure out the scheme for him.

In other news, the Night Lords Upgrades have FINALLY come back in stock. I've been waiting since March for these. The ones I ordered that were replaced/on back order showed up Sunday (yay) and I ordered a further two with my FLGS. So I can continue work on Fourth Claw, finally, after six months.

I have additionally started work on the Terminators for my Night Lords:

blUGn24.jpg

Had to remove some Chaos Mutations on a terminator for my Night Lords. Decided to cover it up with a necklace of skulls. Because that's Night Lords'y. Next one with that body will have flayed skin over it and both will have flayed skin on the shoulder pad with the mutations coming from it.

And the second Claw of Terminators:

cIStAlG.jpg

I'm going to be sculpting the Night Lords symbol on the blank pads for the Terminators and if they go well, I'll be casting them (because I don't want to sculpt five/six every time I get a box of Chaos Terminators....). Additionally, my group will be starting a new Narrative campaign after October and the Fangs will likely be seeing play again then.

Edited by Gederas

Looking seksi! Your conversion plans sound good! Looking forward to see them!

Thanks!

So, I was given an idea for the symbols from a friend, which was to use the spare goofy bat wing helmets as the wings for the symbol. This was awesome, and the result was cool! But.... As soon as I did a test fit I found out.... The wings made the pads not fit due to the trophy racks. :censored::facepalm::down:

5EWozpH.jpg

I was then saddened, as I wanted the raised detail. I then checked some of the Puppetswar pads a friend got me.

0ZSsLNe.jpg

They look good, and don't interfere with the trophy racks... But now I'm at an impasse.

I need to decide if I want to break my "GW/FW only for main areas on my Night Lords", of which I consider shoulders (as in the Legion symbol) as a "main area" or just say "screw it" and go with the Puppetswar pads for my Terminators.

Because they work, as the Puppetswar pads look really good as the unique look fits the "elite" Terminators more, but they're very obviously Non-GW/FW.

However, I have done something I'm happy with. I got the flayed skin down on the two Terminators who actually needed it:

0f7CCL3.jpg

boBaIk2.jpg

US3bMUt.jpg

I'll be putting some glass microbeads on the greenstuff once they show up (and I remember to order them :laugh.:)

Edited by Gederas

Exciting! As for the shoulderpads you cast, two things:

1. I can only see them interfering with the trophy racks in the two first models starting from the right? An easy way to fix this is to just make them lean a bit forward using some GS and then just sculpt the blob in an angular shape so it looks like it's part of the figure.

2. How did you cast them :biggrin.:?

BTW, I would have done exactly the same as you, as I think those bat wings look better as part of shoulderpads, backpack generators and "Terminator armor head frames" (you can even place them at the top of their backs, I'd definitely toy with this idea, although I see that it would involve cutting away some trophy racks, or at least, repositioning them). The downside (or not) of this last idea is that then the backpack would be left blank and ripe for more conversion work, adding chains, trophies, etc.

Regarding your concerns, count me in. My philosophy is the same, actually. However, in my case it is kind of stupid, because I don't plan to play with my minis, but I don't want to work with resin either, so that is why I don't even order from FW (price aside). That said, those shoulderpads fit quite well, so I totally understand your hesitation...

What will you use the microbeads on the GS for? Bolts for the flayed skin?

Exciting! As for the shoulderpads you cast, two things:

1. I can only see them interfering with the trophy racks in the two first models starting from the right? An easy way to fix this is to just make them lean a bit forward using some GS and then just sculpt the blob in an angular shape so it looks like it's part of the figure.

2. How did you cast them :biggrin.:?

BTW, I would have done exactly the same as you, as I think those bat wings look better as part of shoulderpads, backpack generators and "Terminator armor head frames" (you can even place them at the top of their backs, I'd definitely toy with this idea, although I see that it would involve cutting away some trophy racks, or at least, repositioning them). The downside (or not) of this last idea is that then the backpack would be left blank and ripe for more conversion work, adding chains, trophies, etc.

Regarding your concerns, count me in. My philosophy is the same, actually. However, in my case it is kind of stupid, because I don't plan to play with my minis, but I don't want to work with resin either, so that is why I don't even order from FW (price aside). That said, those shoulderpads fit quite well, so I totally understand your hesitation...

What will you use the microbeads on the GS for? Bolts for the flayed skin?

The problem is that all of them, barring the two on the left of the picture, interfere with the trophy racks, either by bumping the pads out too much (I wouldn't be able to glue them in without bending the trophy rack on that side away from the pad, which would look ridiculous) or by getting caught on the things on the trophy racks.

Second, I didn't cast them at all (yet). I used the helmet wings from the Night Lords Conversion Pack, because I have far too many of them since I'm using them for my Berzerkers and I don't think I need 60+ Berzerkers.... :lol:

99800102022_NightLordsConversionPackNEW0

I don't mind working with Resin, as the first minis I worked with were from Warmachine, so Resin is way easier than metal. I still shudder remembering putting together Lich Lord Terminus.

Termis look awesome, love the way you've hidden the mutated bits, simple but effective! (Will the glass beads be in the top corners to represent studs holding the skins in place?)

Re the puppetswar pads, they do look great... I dunno, if you took it as a percentage of the total mini that wasn't GW, surely it wouldn't be much?

Termis look awesome, love the way you've hidden the mutated bits, simple but effective! (Will the glass beads be in the top corners to represent studs holding the skins in place?)

Re the puppetswar pads, they do look great... I dunno, if you took it as a percentage of the total mini that wasn't GW, surely it wouldn't be much?

Thanks! And yes, the glass beads are going to be studs/pins holding the flayed skin in place :yes: (forgot to say that in my response to Master Umbra now that I realize it :lol:)

And yeah, true. I'm just unsure if the aggressively non-GW/FW nature of those pads (because let's be honest, they're pretty obvious :laugh.:) would cause issues for me if I ever decide to send pictures of my Night Lords to White Dwarf to possibly feature there, or Warhammer World/The Citadel.

Edited by Gederas

I would just put them on, I think they look good. I think the wings that interfere look a bit goofy. not a big fan of when things start obstructing movement. Ends up looking a bit weird when that's the case, like on Constantine Valdor's miniature.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

I would just put them on, I think they look good. I think the wings that interfere look a bit goofy. not a big fan of when things start obstructing movement. Ends up looking a bit weird when that's the case, like on Constantine Valdor's miniature.

Yeah, I decided to just go with the Puppetswar pads. :yes:

In other news, got a Noctilith Crown on the way for my Night Lords.

5fUR3Ft.jpg

aYSBRl2.jpg

I'm making a base for it for more stability, as well as giving it more of that Night Lords aesthetic. More texture paint will be applied so there's no gaps on the base, but that'll be after the Crown is fully attached.

Edit: Also finished the Master from Indomitus today:

Ft7HiO0.jpg

Edited by Gederas