Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

'These are the sons of the Lion, and it is no small task to impress them. I have fought in almost a hundred engagements since joining my brethren on the Rock, leading Squad Grellius to complete every mission assigned, yet not a ward of praise have i heard. And rightly so - for such duty we were created and trained. Yet against the cultist waves and Daemon tides invading Hive Trall, our squad alone held a crucial hab-complex against the enemy. When Grand Master Belial arrived to retake the area and recover the gene-seed of the dead, he was surprised find we had held the line. I think I even saw him smile. In that moment, I believed our acceptance amongst our brethren was complete.'

- Hellblaster Sergeant Grellius

IypLeRe.jpg

Just finished the assembly of the Veteran Sergeant for my normal Hellblasters. He looks quite good leading the squad. Normally I would have made him without a helmet, but I just LOVE the look of the Dark Angels Primaris helmet :lol:

Now I need to get around to getting the blank shoulders off of the Dark Imperium Primaris Marines. This is going to be fun...

Can't wait for more of those World Eaters. Been reading some of your stuff in the IF thread, really makes me wanna see where you're going with the World Renders.

Thanks!

And funny you should mention them, I just finished the Champion for one of the Berzerker Squads:

eNicqhC.jpg

Though I think he needs a quick scrub with a brush to get the fuzzies off of him....

What is that grainy texture on the model?

It's the primer. I live in Rhode Island, which means if it's summer, it's normally humid. So I chanced it, and I primed the test model for my Blood Warrior-based Berzerkers.

Thankfully, a brush cleaned it up, but I didn't notice how grainy it was until I took the picture. :lol:

Edited by Gederas

A small-ish update.

Due to some painting fatigue with the Emperor's Children, I've started a test Marine for my homebrew Astartes Chapter, the Blades of Arawn. They're Celtic-inspired, and from a densely forested world.

I need to get Temple Guard Blue and Baharroth Blue to finish the model:

Xw7Ifl8.jpg

For their colours, I decided to go with this:

Blue areas: Stegadon Scale Green (base), Drakenhof Nightshade, Temple Guard Blue (layer), Lothern Blue (highlight)

White Areas: Celestra Grey (base), Ulthuan Grey (all-over layer over the Celestra Grey), Recess Shade of Drakenhof Nightshade, White Scar (highlight)

Baharroth Blue for the Woad Markings

Silver and Gold for the decorative metallics

For a better visual, this is the end goal:

dMlz9T5.jpg

They're not a purely Primaris Chapter, far from it. I'm just using a Primaris Marine as the tester since I have some of the Easty-to-Build ones handy :lol:

Edited by Gederas

Man, three posts from me in a row :lol: Am I boring you all with slower updates?

Blades of Arawn test miniature is done. After doing the Temple Guard Blue layer over the Stegadon Scale Green, I realized it was FAR too bright for my purposes. So Temple Guard Blue will be reserved for highlights on the teal armour.

6XZxD6F.jpg

I just need to come up with what their Chapter Badge will look like.

And I know the model kind of looks like :cuss, it's more of a proof-of-concept for the colour-scheme :lol:

Man, I swore I posted yesterday after seeing the Blades of Arawan. Now I am seeing him updated with an emblem that looks like an eight pointed star on his knee.:whistling:

Pretty cool start to a new force. How big are you going to go with them?

Man, I swore I posted yesterday after seeing the Blades of Arawan. Now I am seeing him updated with an emblem that looks like an eight pointed star on his knee.:whistling:

Pretty cool start to a new force. How big are you going to go with them?

You're the second person to mention the fact that the symbol on his knee is an eight-pointed star :lol: I was screwing around with free-handing and never noticed it.

And I'm not sure. They're probably going to be a small force for now, until I get more/better storage for my armies.

You could always tell people its a ship helm. :wink:

Could do that, yeah :lol:

In other news, in preparation for my first ETL vow being completed, I've primed the body of one of the three models for my next vow:

FWDm6XF.jpg

Gotta love Army Painter having a bright red primer :lol:

Army painter stuff is pretty cool. I loved their ‘primer & first coat’ spray paint. But that stuff is next to impossible to get off without the right chemicals. I had a miniature breakdown when it bubbled up on some fancy minis I had. Ended up buying some gel power dissolver stuff to take it off.

Nice to see the start on Magnus. But is it the picture or is he kind of grainy?

Army painter stuff is pretty cool. I loved their ‘primer & first coat’ spray paint. But that stuff is next to impossible to get off without the right chemicals. I had a miniature breakdown when it bubbled up on some fancy minis I had. Ended up buying some gel power dissolver stuff to take it off.

Nice to see the start on Magnus. But is it the picture or is he kind of grainy?

Yeah, it's annoying to get Army Painter primer off of minis.

And yes, he's grainy. It's been well into the 60% or higher humidity over here. So I need to attack him with a soft brush to get the fuzzies off the primer.

No pictures, but the heat wave has passed (FINALLY), which means I can paint the last Slaaneshi shenanigans for my ETL vow.

Additionally, I've gotten a new mini for an Inq28 conversion, but I'm not sure what to make it. It's the Warmachine Lieutenant Allison Jakes miniature. The owner of my FLGS will be fishing out the Captain Victoria Haley (Variant) he has that I need for my Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor kitbash.

I'm looking at Allison here, but and can see something, but I'm not sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates. Been too hot to do a lot of painting, and the ETL managed to suck a lot of enthusiasm out of me.

What's worse is what happened on Wednesday:

When I was moving some boxes, the one with all the Escher-based cultists tipped over, sending them spilling over the floor. I'm still missing six, and two are mangled because I ended up stepping on them.

So my vow's not getting done.

However, I decided to cheer myself up. By buying more plastic crack. So I picked up this lovely boy on Wednesday, and I'm starting to paint him up. Doing a bit of an experimental scheme for him, which won't be the rest of my Nurgle Daemons (probably going to go with the normal green scheme). I'm also testing out my special Maggotkin Putridity wash on something of this size.

Maggotkin Putridity? It's a mix of Athonian Camoshade, Seraphim Sepia, a tiny bit of Agrax Eartshade (simply because it was still in the pot I used to mix them all up) and Lahmian Medium. It's already adding a sickly, greenish tint to the skin.

81uxOSo.jpg

Gonna need him finished, because on September 22nd and 23rd my FLGS is having its first annual Apocalypse event: 40k of 40k

And I'm bringing my Nurgle Daemonkin.

Edited by Gederas

Sorry to hear that dude. Escher models as well, they are so fragile. I discovered the FW Avatar of Khaine’s blade under my hose for watering the garden the other day, it was completely featureless, sanded smooth!

This GUO is exciting. Looking forward to your Nurgle output. Plastic crack works every time (unfortunately).

Loving the AOS kitbash champ you have on here. That axe with the teeth is such a nice piece. Great pose too.

P.s. if you get those homages painted up it would be great to have them back in the homages thread. They’re awesome!

Sorry to hear that dude. Escher models as well, they are so fragile. I discovered the FW Avatar of Khaine’s blade under my hose for watering the garden the other day, it was completely featureless, sanded smooth!

This GUO is exciting. Looking forward to your Nurgle output. Plastic crack works every time (unfortunately).

Loving the AOS kitbash champ you have on here. That axe with the teeth is such a nice piece. Great pose too.

P.s. if you get those homages painted up it would be great to have them back in the homages thread. They’re awesome!

Yeah, Escher models are painful to work with, especially at the quantity I chose to do. Not doing THAT again :lol:

And the Berzerker Champion kitbash is actually just Magore's model from Magore's Fiends, only with the Raptor Power Fist, Mark III legs and the Champion backpack from a normal set of Chaos Marines. I did nothing to the pose :lol:

And don't worry. After I finish Rotigus, Krieg is next on the painting table, along with that Magnus commission.

Man, sorry to hear about your ETL and models. Glad to see you're getting back into something to motivate yourself though. I really like the Rotigus model (you know, because I have eyes), looking forward to seeing your progress!

Yeah...

Thanks though.

Rotigus' wash dried overnight. He's looking suitably jaundiced and sickly:

95EEL3I.jpg

Just need to do some drybrushing on his skin, and the main area of his skin is done. Then it's the buboes, scales and nipples and his skin is done. Then I just need to do the fat, wounds, tentacles and finish his pretty face.

Also, my Death Guard has some heavy troops inbound, with the Easy-to-Build Lord of Contagion and Terminators kit, and a squad of Blightlords, the latter of which have all Combi-Plasmas aside from the Flail guy

BnnZAN1.jpg

kdKN2gZ.jpg

87flr6n.jpg

And before anyone says it: I didn't notice that mould lines on the Lord of Contagion and Plague Spewer until I took the picture. God, I hate the green plastic they come in. :lol: Makes it tough to see mould lines.

Bummer to hear about the cultists but the new DG and GUO are looking well on their way!

New colored plastics are interesting to work with. And it is always fun to take pictures and realize something was missed. Every. :censored:. Time.

Bummer to hear about the cultists but the new DG and GUO are looking well on their way!

New colored plastics are interesting to work with. And it is always fun to take pictures and realize something was missed. Every. :censored:. Time.

Thanks! And yeah, its always fun. Cameras always pick up stuff you missed.

Looking awesome, especially Rotigus.

How's he looking now? :wink:

XuMQQ59.jpg

He's definitely getting there!

Thanks.

I actually just finished him, aside from the Nurglings and his base.

PYTdUIg.jpg

AHiF2wx.jpg

Yx8riM9.jpg

IlivSYe.jpg

He's going to have both of the Nurglings that are supposed to go on the GUO's shoulder and gut, and some of the free ones from the Plaguebearers and Nurglings kit on his base.

As to what his base will be: It'll be like my Death Guard's, a swampy, muddy base, and he himself will be sitting in a pool of toxic sludge, hence why the base has been coated in Caliban Green. I'll be putting Nurgle's Rot over the pool after I use the Stirland Mud/Stirland Battlemire paint to build up the 'pool'.