Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

That Lord looks the business, brother! I love the use of Gutrot Spume's pieces, always loved that mini.

Thanks! And yeah, Gutrot Spume has to be my favorite of the AoS Nurgle models (human sized ones anyway).

I'm losing my mind Gederas! For some reason I was thinking of the vortex beasts with its tentacle maw when I kept reading 'gutrot spume'. I'm losing it, bud!:teehee: Still, its a great conversion you've got so its worth the time and pain!

I also don't think the way the plasmagun being held by a tentacle is a big issue. Remember the DV era aspiring champ with his weirdly chanied combi melta on his back? I have no idea how he would really reach that thing on his back while fully armored.

Oooh, okay. Yeah, that thing is a mess of tentacles :lol:

And yeah, fair point with that :lol:

But the backpack actually already has another tentacle holding the plasma gun in place, and there's also a tentacle on the guy's right forearm -- all of this kinda works together to show how his tentacles are really prehensile enough to reach every part of his person, doesn't it? I actually thought that had been a conscious design choice...

Anyway, while I am generally not a great fan of masses of tentacles, I really like the way you've put this guy together so far. Personally speaking, I think the "grenade tentacle" is a bit distracting, placed right in front like that, and the effect would maybe work better with the grenade switched to one of the smaller tentacles...?!

Oh, that is a good point KSci.

And in regards to the tentacle with a grenade: The issue is that grenade only fits well on the tentacle that was holding onto Gutrot's axe. Any of the other ones doesn't really work with holding it. I mean, I could make an entirely new tentacle out of greenstuff, but that wouldn't have the rigidity to support it imo, unless the tentacle is going and grabbing it from somewhere.

Speaking of the tentacles, I started the work of Greenstuff gap filling last night, and just now did some of the tentacles and flesh:

1O0L0w6.jpg

VvT0Flf.jpg

r0AHM2S.jpg

Had to remove his head temporarily, it got in the way of the sculpting.

Does the grenade tentacle work better now KSci? The way I'm imagining it, he's using said tentacle to grab a Blight Grenade and toss it over a barrier, hence the angle of the grenade and tentacle.

And I know you normally dislike masses of tentacles, but unfortunately, this guy is going to have a lot of them. Because they hide the cutting that was needed to graft the Blightspawn's body to Gutrot's tentacles and the EtB Champion's Backpack :lol:

Awesome progress! I just can't help but imagine some poor :censored:-er getting wrapped and pulled in by those tentacles into that maw. Just like an octopus would do. Death by hugging on a horrific level.

Edited by hushrong

Awesome progress! I just can't help but imagine some poor :censored:-er getting wrapped and pulled in by those tentacles into that maw. Just like an octopus would do. Death by hugging on a horrific level.

Yeah :lol:

"Hit me! Fight me! Give me a hug!"

As of right now though, I screwed up. I wanted him to have an amount of tentacles that is divisible by 7. Unfortunately, he currently has 15. So I need to make 6 more :lol:

Well, now you are just throwing nightmare fuel onto the hellfire!:biggrin.:

Perhaps cut one off or he will become the DOOM version of the pokemon Tangela.

Ain't I a stinker? :lol:

In other news, the Magnus commission is coming along well. Though, the camera refused to focus.

PHF8agx.jpg

Need to finish his loincloth before I attach the rest of his armour.

Edited by Gederas

The green tide is sweeping through!

Awesome to see some orks!

Yup. The hype is real :lol:

And thanks!

I also forgot to post this originally in the last post, it's a buggy made from one of the Galvanic Servohaulers I got in the Kroggskull's Boyz kit, or at least the start of one:

VZW3PsS.jpg

7gEGlkP.jpg

My intention with this is that I'll ONLY use the parts from the Kroggskull's Boyz box to dakka up the two Servohaulers.

Nice! I already love what I am seeing for that buggy. Definitely want to see some more gubbins and dakka for sure. Seeing that Speed Freeks commercial just screams kult of speed and I am happy to be seeing someone crafting sweet rides for the greenskins. Get a few killer cars and some Fukushima Kamacrazy Waaaghboyz and you'll be set.

Nice! I already love what I am seeing for that buggy. Definitely want to see some more gubbins and dakka for sure. Seeing that Speed Freeks commercial just screams kult of speed and I am happy to be seeing someone crafting sweet rides for the greenskins. Get a few killer cars and some Fukushima Kamacrazy Waaaghboyz and you'll be set.

Funny how you mention Fukushima Kamacrazy Waaaghboyz. I was intending my Speed Freaks to be Mad Max inspired :lol:

Looks like I’ve been missing your thread for quite some time now! You’ve been busy as hell knocking these projects out! I was really liking everything I saw, and then I came across this post and had a chuckle...

Additionally, I did think of an idea.

So, I was planning on doing a Nurgle Renegade chapter to patch some of the holes my Death Guard have. I was wondering so long on what the origin for the Chapter to be. Possibly Ultramarines or Imperial Fists. Then I saw Greenz' post in Facing the Unknown - Starting a New army together:

The Blighted Devourers are a DG warband created by Mortarion experimenting with Blood Angels geneseed. I’m going for a vampiric, fear inspiring Nurgle army here, with lots of conversions.

Nurglite Blood Angels? Uhh.... yes please?

And the Dornian Heresy Wiki has some good refences for a colour scheme:

BA_Heretic_Legionary.pngBlood_Angels_Blightlord_Termi.png

I might end up doing a quick test mini this weekend using one of the (MANY) Dark Imperium Plague Marines I have.

Looks like you and I will be borrowing some ideas from each other in the near future hahaha.

As I was saying, I’m loving your conversions. I’m really looking forward to your Greenskins. That’s an army I’ve always wanted to do, but I know I’ll get nothing done as I convert the crap out of everything! So I’ll model vicariously through your thread :D Keep it coming!

Awww yeah!!! You are living the dream! When that movie came out a buddy wanted buggies, bikes, and to convert wartrukks in the war rig and doof wagon.

Indeed. I've a lot of plans for crazy konverted vehicles. Not the least of which is a pair of battlewagons that will be for the Big Mek. One a rolling Mek Shop, the other a heavy recovery vehicle.

Look forward to seeing what you get made here. Would love to see your take on kommandos

See, I'm not sure what I could do TO kommandos, aside from a slick paintjob. I think the models (both the GW finecast and the FW upgrade pack) are perfect.

In other news, on Sunday, I'll be getting a bunch of Ork stuff from a friend. So that's gonna be fun. Watch this space to see what I've gotten.

Will you name your Ork Warboss "Emp-Rah Foo-Ri-Oh-Sa" to troll opponents who play Imperial armies?

Nah, The Immorkan is my Warboss. :laugh.:

Please tell me the war rig will be covered in mega nobz! All shiny and krome! 

Prolly not Meganobz. But it will be shiny and chrome. Kind of.

Speaking of the Waagh Rig....

yMtN7d1.jpg

ceH9sDS.jpg

Oh yeah. Now I just need a Taurox and a Trukk kit....

The Immorkan!? Sweet god I am in love with this project.

*glances at the rig...oh boy oh boy!

That is seriously fantastic and creative, Gederas! Please tell me you are going to the store today to get that taurox and trukk!

Picking up those kits has to wait until the weekend when I get paid. :lol: That and the fact that the only way I could pick up a Taurox in-store is if I get the Scions Start Collecting kit, since the Taurox is now Webstore Exclusive.