It's been a long time...

Captain Semper

IMPORTANT NOTE: Vows & points’ values

The point limit per vow is lifted completelty but the total cap on all vows a participant makes is set at 20,000pts. That means that a participant may split those 20,000 pts among his/her 5 vows as he/she sees fit! And before I get the obvious question, yes, you may do a single 20k vow if that’s what you want. In effect you have up to 20,000pts to manage via 5 vows. You can of course do fewer vows or fewer points. You can never exceed though the 5 vow limit or the 20k points limit. You can however reach the limit of 20k pts with less than 5 vows (or you can do 5 vows at less than 20k pts in total).

I think that keeps it level for everyone and allows Warlord Titans to be pledged in a single vow.

The reason the total limit is raised from 15k previously to 20k is attributed to the general hike of the point values of similar units between 7th and 8th edition.

I will update the rules’ highlights on p.15 accordingly.

I like it, not that it'll be something I can take advantage of sadly.

Also this isn't about bragging rights, for all my trash talk earlier. It's about getting stuff painted and cheering everyone else on. It's about the atmosphere. Importantly, it's about the optimism.

See, the Chaos forums used to be... significantly more fractious. Our rules sucked, our models sucked, everything was ruined forever and GW hated us. And then the ETL rolled around, and for three glorious months, none of that mattered. All that mattered was making sure our brothers in arms were getting paint on plastic.

That's why it matters to me, because I honestly think it stopped the Chaos guys from collapsing in on themselves. That and the fact I actually get whole armies painted!

Dragonlover

An elegant solution, Cap.

Thank you sir! :)

An elegant solution, Cap.

An elegant solution from a more civilised era

:lol: careful with that light sabre man...

I like it, not that it'll be something I can take advantage of sadly.

Also this isn't about bragging rights, for all my trash talk earlier. It's about getting stuff painted and cheering everyone else on. It's about the atmosphere. Importantly, it's about the optimism.

See, the Chaos forums used to be... significantly more fractious. Our rules sucked, our models sucked, everything was ruined forever and GW hated us. And then the ETL rolled around, and for three glorious months, none of that mattered. All that mattered was making sure our brothers in arms were getting paint on plastic.

That's why it matters to me, because I honestly think it stopped the Chaos guys from collapsing in on themselves. That and the fact I actually get whole armies painted!

Dragonlover

It is a bit about bragging rights... :p

Seriously though, the Chaos team had really come together through the various ETLs (and dare I say Call of Chaos?). I’m really proud that the ETL had such a positive influence to the faction that although it suffered on the rules department it held (and still holds) a fantastic range of miniatures that define not only the Faction but 40k in general.

Having said that, your days are numbered Chaos scum! :lol:

Nah, we're gonna stroll in, take the triple and call it done I think. Well, I say we. *Duskraider* is gonna stroll in and take the triple for us, we're just gonna be his entourage.

Dragonlover

Not a chance. You only reached Terra thanks to your Daemon cheat codes and now they've been deactivated for the ETL, you'll be hard pressed to land the triple crown without them.

Nah, we're gonna stroll in, take the triple and call it done I think. Well, I say we. *Duskraider* is gonna stroll in and take the triple for us, we're just gonna be his entourage.

Dragonlover

Dragon said he'll gift me his 20,000 point limit. I'll do 40,000 points.

Not really... I have a feeling I'll be going for quality not quantity this year.

Also, Dragonlover, I feel like you’re being overconfident. After all, xenos haven’t been around for ETL before. Don’t count your chickens before they hatch.

The advantage of living in the Warp is that all the eggs hatch three chickens!

Dragonlover

And those three chickens have cerulean feathers and halos of Eldritch runes. When asked a question one will lie, one will tell the truth, and one tells a half truth, but they all change with every question asked.

Also, Dragonlover, I feel like you’re being overconfident. After all, xenos haven’t been around for ETL before. Don’t count your chickens before they hatch.

Dragonlover

And those three chickens have cerulean feathers and halos of Eldritch runes. When asked a question one will lie, one will tell the truth, and one tells a half truth, but they all change with every question asked.

Yeah, but do they taste good? And how high can you get by eating them? That's all my Slaaneshi worshippers want to know. :P

Dragonlover

Yeah, but do they taste good? And how high can you get by eating them? That's all my Slaaneshi worshippers want to know. :tongue.:

Doesn't matter how they taste, because my null field matricies destroyed their Warp nest :biggrin.: 

Dragonlover

Yeah, but do they taste good? And how high can you get by eating them? That's all my Slaaneshi worshippers want to know. :tongue.:

Ah, therein lies the fun... Eating them perpetually keeps your stomach full to the brim but your hunger is never satisfied... And it warps your senses such that the higher you get, the more grounded in reality you become until sobriety is true nirvana, yet your addiction levels skyrocket. Who knew Tzeentch and Slaanesh could have such perfect symbiosis? 

Heh, alright, now actually on topic... though my vow will be small, it shall be there. Cultists, a Lord, and a magnetized 'Fiend for my centerpiece. No triple-chicken goodness, but points are points. 

Well, the 20k limit is there for the painting daemons among us. Historicallly the average vow is c700pts - so even with inflated point values of the 8th it will stil be something below 1k. As on average people make 1.5 vows...

You chaos fiends can posture and paint all you want. It is always amazing to see the megavows that come out of that forum. But if you really want to impress the Ruinous Powers...beat the records set by Steve Shields and Arizonajirt! Nothing stopping you from making out of competition vows once you reach 20k points. And they still carry the risk that fail one and nothing counts? Go big right?

I don't know about 20,000 but all this talk is tempting me to dig up the pieces of my Warhound and restore / finish it. Especially since I see FW has stopped selling the Chaos one (what's up with that?!).

I don't know about 20,000 but all this talk is tempting me to dig up the pieces of my Warhound and restore / finish it. Especially since I see FW has stopped selling the Chaos one (what's up with that?!).

They're likely remaking the mold. The World Eaters terminator upgrade kit was gone for a few months before being brought back because they were remaking the mold for those.

I was told the mould need fix as it is among one of the older once.  It just down to time.  Amount of time I've walk into the Forge World store that Warhammer World & been really close buy Chaos Warhound.

So it should hopeful return, but it just when...  On that day, my wallet will feel a disturbance in the force.

That my vow 1 planned.  Should hopeful have everything ready to building during my week off, starting from 12th May. 

Archived