It's been a long time...

Captain Semper

Join Necrons and become another existential threat...check your warp-stuff at the door, or the null field matrix will check it for you... :biggrin.:

This! ^ Let's see some Xenos love in this ETL, and let it be a warm welcome to the newcomers! :smile.:

Out of curiosity, why is it that the subfactions of Chaos (Marines, Daemons, Mortals) are all rolled up into the same group, while the Imperium is broken up into all of its constituent pieces?

It has always seemed kind of weird to me.

Yes... many reasons for that... Mainly because mortals were not even a thing back in the day and Daemons had woefully low traffic anyway... But things change..:whistling:

Damn, I missed this. The banter, the excitement on the fora... it's something special.

As for Horus Heresy, I put my faith with you, Cap'n. I am curious as to how the core rules have changed because of 8e, but I wait eagerly along with everyone else. Have to atone for my past failures, after all! :D

Now... time to order some paint.

Out of curiosity, why is it that the subfactions of Chaos (Marines, Daemons, Mortals) are all rolled up into the same group, while the Imperium is broken up into all of its constituent pieces?

It has always seemed kind of weird to me.

Yes... many reasons for that... Mainly because mortals were not even a thing back in the day and Daemons had woefully low traffic anyway... But things change..:whistlingW:

I always figured that it was because if you rolled the entire Imperium into one faction, there's functionally no point even doing the event. I guess with the new proportional points tally you could roll all the marines together and it wouldn't feel too overbearing, although I'm not sure I'd be up for it as a member of one of those factions.

As someone who fervently believes in planning, I now desperately want to know what these changes are... This is gonna be a long few weeks.

Dragonlover

Yes... many reasons for that... Mainly because mortals were not even a thing back in the day and Daemons had woefully low traffic anyway... But things change..:whistling:

Heresy, Captain.  Heresy never changes. :verymad:

I certainly interested in taking part.

I took part in Loyalty & Treachery III Last year and it was fun, I had intended to work on my Mechanicum for it but got distracted by an influx of MkIV plastic marines.

So if AoD is allowed in this event I would love to work on my Thallax and maybe even my Ursarax.

Power Level should really streamline the ETL

Does mean the HH guys can't play. Also makes the numbers kind of boring. 750 power points in three months just doesn't have the same contextual 'holy :cuss!' factor as 15,000 points in three months.

Dragonlover

I swear by the Emperor's very own Sacred Text-To-Speech Device that I am going to join the ETL this time! I just need to figure out how to paint a simple yellow first :wacko.:

By Dorn's bright yellow musty centurion suit, you shall brother, you shall, yellow is easy ;)

Dunno, the Blood&Zeal event has shown that for example Primaris Inceptors give you a ton of Power Level for way less work than other Fast Attack choices.

Does mean the HH guys can't play. Also makes the numbers kind of boring. 750 power points in three months just doesn't have the same contextual 'holy :cuss!' factor as 15,000 points in three months.

Dragonlover

Three months? Took me two. :lol:

I spent about a week and a half stripping over 100 Heresy minis a few weeks back before we got our new kitchen (and I'm never allowed to use the sink for anything again) and I'm really glad I put the time in, because ETL.

So psyched. Gonna paint all the dudes.

Can you pledge different things to different factions throughout the event, or do you have to stick to one? My attention wanders a lot.

You have to pick a forum and stick to it. Some forums offer (or will offer) more variation than others. ;)

Join Necrons and become another existential threat...check your warp-stuff at the door, or the null field matrix will check it for you... :biggrin.:

Almost certainly I'll be on Xeno's, despite all the Imperial stuff I picked up 6 or so months ago.

Necrons, or DE, that is the question.

GAH THIS TIMING I HAVE A THUNDERHAWK NOW THAT I WANT TO BUILD BUT NOW IM LIKE DO I SAVE IT FOR ETL!?!?!?!?!?!?

THE CONFLICT IS REAL

GAH THIS TIMING I HAVE A THUNDERHAWK NOW THAT I WANT TO BUILD BUT NOW IM LIKE DO I SAVE IT FOR ETL!?!?!?!?!?!?

THE CONFLICT IS REAL

Save it for ETL, Slips! Save it for the VIIth! Save it for Dorn and the glory of Him on Earth!

I just realised I had another query; since HH will be based on the AoD forum as a whole, will there be an issue with people wanting to paint up multiple units from different legions? Say I want to do an IF Deredeo (because it's sat on the side, staring at me and asking why has it not been clad in the yellow of a sunburst), could I also do an Iron Warrior tactical squad?

THE CONFLICT IS REAL

Save it for ETL, Slips! Save it for the VIIth! Save it for Dorn and the glory of Him on Earth!

I just realised I had another query; since HH will be based on the AoD forum as a whole, will there be an issue with people wanting to paint up multiple units from different legions? Say I want to do an IF Deredeo (because it's sat on the side, staring at me and asking why has it not been clad in the yellow of a sunburst), could I also do an Iron Warrior tactical squad?

ETL (historically) has been determined by the ruleset/codex, the actual colour on the models has had no impact. So, pledging for the AoD *should* allow you to paint anything for all 18 Legions :tu:

Cheers,

Jono

P.S. So glad to see this juggernaut of an event return....

Archived