gallery_55057_13897_264208.jpg

This guy is my favorite; great pose.

I feel your pain on having a huge motor pool to work through. I recently purchase quite a bit of armor. Self-control is not easy when it comes to this hobby.

Please post pictures when you face off against your friend's Leman Russ force. Big tank battles are always fun to see/read about.

I will echo the sentiment above that the sorcerer especially stands out. The pose is excellent and evocative, wielding the perfect sphere that brings the mind to scrying orbs and palantiri. Especially well done to me as I find the jump packs often clash with the arcane and mysterious aesthetic associated with sorcery, there is a disnonance between the roar of engines and the spell chants of the mystical. But you've managed to breech that gap well, here, to me it does not break but rather blend the two without going overboard with imagery.

We are the point of the spear...

Diabolus Ex Machina:

*sorry for the dark pics.gallery_55057_13897_646353.jpg

This last weekend was much more busier than I had anticipated. I was stoked to build the chassis for my two Land Raiders and finish building my other predator. I reached that goal on Monday night. Turns out however I bought the wrong type of heavy bolters for the predator so I am going to have to order another set. After this I want to build two more but do know if that's a great idea. I would like to build one with a plasma cannon and another one all flamer'ed up.

As for the land raiders I just need one more set of lascannon sponsons as I have one unbuilt.

Aside from some touch ups I plan to kit these tanks with some chains and racks adorned with skull trophies. I also need to get another sheet of Sons of Horus brass etch to add some icons. Maybe their decals to...

gallery_55057_13897_22883.jpg

So on the left is a small side quest down memory lane for myself. About ten years ago I finally started playing 40k. My force was Berzerkers led by Kh

Aside from some touch ups I plan to kit these tanks with some chains and racks adorned with skull trophies. I also need to get another sheet of Sons of Horus brass etch to add some icons. Maybe their decals to...

Pearson, Thanks bud! Like I said I went tank crazy and just want them all now. I have to avoid Ebay and Forgeworld like the plague. I also realized I do not have any daemon engines so that might have to change too.

Haha, eBay is terrible for my finances; I think "oh, it's only £10 here, £5 there..." and then before you know it, there's £50 gone in a week...

Looking forward to seeing some paint on the armour, I've got some Sons of Horus etch gathering dust; so if you want to be spared the expense of FW shipping, just send me a pm. :wink:

Nephilim, no magic here my friend. Just warp :censored:-ery all over :smile.: What other pics would you like of the Sorcerer? Any particular angles or anything? As for the pistol I believe it is from a WHFB/AoS Empire general. I really wanted my guy to have a fancy pistol after reading about Khayon's archeotech one.

Just more of his hands and maybe one of the other side? What bits are his hands from? I can't get over how amazing this guy is. I really dig the pistol. You definitely get the archeotech feel from it.

Did not get to make hobby time for my Black Legion this weekend. I did however find a new paint to try, a Scale75 Black Metal, after looking at Inquisitor Engel's Imperial Fist log. So I have that to look forward to when it arrives and with a long weekend coming up I do hope I can get some test painting done so I can push forward with this army.

Aside from that I did get a game in this weekend to get the motivational juices flowing and only later did I realize I made a big mistake. I had a double butcher cannon leviathan only shooting half of its shots each turn. It did kill a lot but it could have been better if I knew how to read. But bloody revenge has me looking forward to the next game.

---

Thanks Sagentus! I do too because for years I've wanted a painted army...and that's been going on for almost a decade now so it's time to change that. :biggrin.:

Yep! I am gathering up armor like a madman, Trixie. And I still want more. Hopefully I can carve some time for painting too. I only have that test figure from my previous post and I haven't had proper time to sit down with him. You, however, have been making leaps and strides on your Alphas!  

But these minis will soon be donning the black: From shame and shadow recast. In black and gold reborn.:wink:

I agree with you Pearson, ebay and FW cart price totals just balloon with each "add to cart" click. I may take you up on your offer. Next payday I may be putting in an order so I *might* get the Abaddon/Loken set, Justaerin, brass etch, and the SoH decals. If they are still around :ermm:

The Sons of Horus contemptor is a nice one, Vairocanum. I bought mine second hand, tore it apart, and paint sripped before getting it to its based state. I would love to get the Death Guard one as well as it looks like a bare warmarchine. No fancy laurels, filigree, or décor. Just a machine for war. I am really looking forward to making my characters as they drive along my interest in the army and I hope I can come close to customization work like yours for them.

Thanks Traitor! going with the Black Legion so I can have a bit of everything under one army. Like the Legion of Doom! :devil:

That poor, silver-lined fellow is actually a test dummy for painting. I just have yet to give him more paint. I was going to try adding seraphim sepia and agrax earthshade turn the silver gold with washes like I had done on some older Emperor's Children. Then compare it to the cataphractii whose trim was painted with retributory gold. I just always seem to run out of daylight...

I didn't get a chance to take picture Nephilim but I can tell you what parts are used.

The right hand hover over the orb is from the Dark Vengeance DA Librarian where I removed the outstretched forearm. It was pinned and then glued to a regular bolter holding arm where I removed the forearm up to the elbow.

The other hand was the bolter arm that holds the grip with the hand removed and replaced with an open hand taken from either the Sanguinary Guard or Loyalist Devastator box. Any opened, left hand will work then I just glued the orb (taken from a WHFB/AoS wizard) onto it.

There was plenty of trimming and fitting involved to get the pose right as well. I hope that helps, later on I can try and get more pics if needed.

Thanks SystemSyn! He's been retired for awhile now but I am hoping his replacement will do him right.

Death to the False Emperor!

I didn't get a chance to take picture Nephilim but I can tell you what parts are used.

The right hand hover over the orb is from the Dark Vengeance DA Librarian where I removed the outstretched forearm. It was pinned and then glued to a regular bolter holding arm where I removed the forearm up to the elbow.

The other hand was the bolter arm that holds the grip with the hand removed and replaced with an open hand taken from either the Sanguinary Guard or Loyalist Devastator box. Any opened, left hand will work then I just glued the orb (taken from a WHFB/AoS wizard) onto it.

There was plenty of trimming and fitting involved to get the pose right as well. I hope that helps, later on I can try and get more pics if needed.

Death to the False Emperor!

That's awesome. Way to chop the bits!

• 3 weeks later...

"BLOOD, BONES, & DEATH!"

So it's been a good minute but I've made some effort. Materials had been purchased, much of it has been put to use, and I got to play a game this last weekend and one coming up to rejuvenate the hobby battery.

gallery_55057_13897_84390.jpg

Just another boarder of the Splintered Warband leading some of his more changed brethren. The one thing I realized shortly after getting this guy was how short he is. I should have chopped his thighs and extended them but had already glued him to the base...and gave him Loken's chainsword which is taller than he is. I have a few more marines to build as a stand-in Berzerker squad so hopefully they will be finished soon alongside their land raiders.

gallery_55057_13897_86829.jpg

Speaking of Berzerkers I actually built some more in line with how I would imagine them. Awhile back in the Chaos Space Marine sub forum I came across Betrayer41's scouring era World Eaters and fell in love. Then I saw Krautscientists recent diorama and I knew then and there I needed to have my own. So I went off to make some of my own. My only regret will be they will not bear the white and red armor I've come to love from the HH books. I aslo got Kh

Thank you, frater!

They aren't too bad at all Vazzy. If someone with my half-:censored: ed skills can do it anyone can. It's mostly removing anything below the knee of the bloodwarriors, which is easy since most of lower bodies only have one leg attached, and then removing anything above the circular knee of the mk3 armor. Lately I have been trying to carve a 'ball joint' around the knee pad of the mk3. Then fitting, pinning, gluing, and some greenstuff makes its a-ok.

For the back packs I just cut away a marines 'port' from the back torso bit and attach to the bloodwarriors back where I usually file away a nice, flat surface.

And I have been too chicken to try and use a mk3 torso.

As for the colors I just want to keep it black on black with gold for my guys. I remember pictures and fluff where legionaires keep their old legion colors and paint a pauldron black to show their allegiance but I want these guys to go all in. Though I am tempted to make an HH Heralds of Ruin kill team of pure World Eaters with that sweet color scheme of white and red. If we don't get new plastics I'll be repeating these conversions. :smile.:

Thank you for the praise but they could use some work Kizzdougs. So if you are ever in Austin I will barter food, drink, and coin for some hobby lessons so I can try and truly replicate the sweet work you've done for your own Sons of Horus! Your work on them has been phenomenal and inspiring.

I'm hoping they do, Pearson! I've only tried mk3 and mk4 helmets and the mk4 barely fits with a little bit of trimming without removing the bloodwarriors gorget. I may try a mk7 and try to pass it off as mk5 if it fits. To be honest I wish I had some mk2 to try out or some of the actual HH World Eaters heads. I'm kind of holding off on the final five as I do want to try out more bits.

And the Pale King may seem that way but if you look closely you can see his goofy-:censored: smile under the hood. Hopefully more work and some fluff to follow will help him out.