=][= E Tenebrae Lux VI =][=

Hail to the Sons of Baal! A worthy victory!

Hail as well to anybody that got a model started because of the ETL, never mind finished. After all, the competition is fun, but the point is the hobbying!

And of course, hail to Captain Semper and The Shadow Guard, without whom none of this would have been possible. An excellent rework of the event!

Dragonlover

Thank you Captain Semper for running this event again.

I have seen previous once but never participated myself until this one, and in fact is was your Loyalty and Treachery 3 last year that got me into taking part in these forum events for the first time an I am thoroughly enjoying them and making progress in actually getting models painted.

Since L&T3 last January I have been involved in forum challenges for more time than not. So do please do another L&T this year as I’ll need another event soon to keep the ball rolling.

In fact I have been thinking of running my own event to keep my motivated with next projected. I just don’t want to clash with anybodies else’s plans for events.

So thank you Semper, thank you Shadow Guard, and thank you to all who participated and made this a thoroughly enjoyable event.

Semper, innumerable thanks again for running the ETL and especially the breakdown. Gentlemen, Scholar and Emperor's Finest!

And also very special thanks to our mighty RECLUSIARCH JOLEMAI, who has been running sub-events, massed recruitment drives and cracking that whip to lead the Ragers in Red to this well deserved victory (I know he's thrilled!)

And thanks to all my Brother's of the BA section, let it be said that in time of need, the Sons of Sanguinius do not shirk from their duties.

Aaah, and the final clarion call sounds and the herald doth arrive, such sweet sorrow for the forces of Chaos of every age: twice edged by the Emperor's lot.  -laughs- that one was close, remarkably close!  Congrats to everyone who participated, and particular congratulations to the Blood Angels, their Forum Champion, Mr. Yellow, and their Reclusiarch Jolemai.  (I was definitely watching and trying to not let my inner Blood Angel fan get the better of my eeeeevil ways, but it was exciting to watch.  We didn't really have an apostle of sorts over on the warmaster's side, did we?  Huh...).  

The pure madness in the final day, and final 6 hours in particular was inspiring.  It was crazy, ladies and gentlemen, you do us all proud!  Thanks to everyone that took part, and I do want to say congrats to the loyalists of the age of Darkness, those last few hours crushed us pretty good.  There are a lot of names that could and should be mentioned in those last few hours that really turned the tide, and they were great to hang out with, too!  

I do think that little pseudo-competitive edge, especially in the Age of Darkness, did bring out some friendly competition and a bunch of great work.  I kinda wonder how many points got racked up in those last 24 hours.  It's incredible.  

And much like Spagunk (seriously mate, your stuff is great, so no worries ya belong among the artificers) I'm humbled by being counted among being the artificers of this forum; there are so many incredibly inspirational and supremely talented individuals here that it is a true honour.  Naturally, if I don't get one vote, I'm still thrilled (You've seen the others, I know my vote's going over to one of them! :P )

Thank you so much Captain Semper, Shadow Guard, and everyone else that helped make this event possible. It was my first ETL, and an immensely satisfying event at that.  In fact, it was great being a total newcomer to the Bolder and Chainsword, that got to hop on the wagon and participate in it like anyone else.  You all rock.

On a note of the finality... oye, I knew the completion penalties would hit us in the Warmaster's camp like a freight train, but I didn't expect that we'd take the highest penalties in the whole competition!  Not with 2 Titans completed!  I'd say I'm disappointed, but I'm really not, as having absolutely no team based awards to pin up but a few others is possibly the most Chaos-y things possible :P 

This event proved to be a fantastic motivation for painting, thank you Captain Semper!

It was my first ETL, had lots of models stored throughout the years, and I 've never been so much pushed to paint.

Even up to late night the last day, taking photos with the paint still wet (while trying to dry it with a fan...)!

Great work from everyone participating! Good Job!

First of all, congratulations to the Blood Angels! Even though this may be a sad day for chaos, with an incredible completion rate like that, you guys deserve not only first place, but also lots of respect for the achievement -- and since servants of the War God recognise martial prowess even in their enemies, have an honest warrior's salute! ;)

And, of course, thanks so much for efficiently running another standout event, Captain Semper! This certainly wouldn't be half as much fun without all the meticulous planning in the background, and without your unwavering stewardship! Waiting for the next ETL has been very much worth it!

Also, dang, no Artificer badge again -- one of these days, I WILL end up with one of them. Just you wait and see! :(

I enjoyed this season ETL a lot and found it on my mind just about every day all season! 
Thanks to the Bosses for making it happin! 

Especially da Kappin! 
I'm going to use that badge for an avatar for a few days just cause..... :biggrin.:  
We're (the Orks subforum) a small group this year for sure..... But we'll be back! Bigger and Badder than ever!   

(The hard part will be to top that ever year after... :teehee: )

Holy crap, I definately had hoped but didn’t want to get my hopes up for the artificer! Well that’s the icing on the cake of an insanely cool event.

I’ve aleady gotten more progress done on my army this summer than ever and have some serious motivation to keep the momentum. Thanks Semper!

Absolutely smashig event Captain Semper, Titans and all....and a fantastic effort by everyone...  A comprehensive report that CFOs of major banking institutes around the world could be proud of! :blush.:

It appears that it is hard to say no to the Master of Recruits.... so the medal versions of the signature banners are done and Captain Semper will post them up at the approriate place by tomorrow.

Most importantly, for the first time since 2012 I managed to enter and complete an oath in ETL .... even though it was a minimalosttic effort, I think the spirit of participation was achieved.

SG

Thank you very much everybody, your kind words fuel my determination to keep the event going and make it more interesting and (hopefully) fun all the time! Now you must prepare yourselves for next year because it is B&C 20th Anniversary! Imagine the glory for the Forum to win that one, and the glory for the participants in this monumental event!

Now keep in mind that SG, the Grand Master of the Inner Circle, has produced the medallion-style badges for EVERYTHING! So feel free to get them - I have edit them in the appropriate places in the Final Report posts. Feel free to contact me should you require any assistance.

Also, continuing the tradition and some of you are following the ETL closely for a number of years, here are some medallions to denote the number of ETLs you have participated in:

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_Medal_01.gif http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_Medal_02.gif http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_Medal_03.gif http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_Medal_04.gif http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_Medal_05.gif http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_Medal_06.gif

First of all, congratulations to the Blood Angels! Even though this may be a sad day for chaos, with an incredible completion rate like that, you guys deserve not only first place, but also lots of respect for the achievement -- and since servants of the War God recognise martial prowess even in their enemies, have an honest warrior's salute! :wink:

And, of course, thanks so much for efficiently running another standout event, Captain Semper! This certainly wouldn't be half as much fun without all the meticulous planning in the background, and without your unwavering stewardship! Waiting for the next ETL has been very much worth it!

Also, dang, no Artificer badge again -- one of these days, I WILL end up with one of them. Just you wait and see! :sad.:

:eek:

NO! It's my mistake and I just realised! You were DEFINITELY in the list of Artificers and I mess it up! My initial reaction to your post was "what's he on about?" and went back to check the entry only to see that I messed up!

Thanks for pointing it out mate - you were in there from the start 100%!!! I mean, an Armiger with the driver? :wacko.:

Sorry for the mix-up, it's that embarrassing moment where you realise you messed up big time... Take you badge - it is rightly yours!!! I have corrected the Artificer post accordingly. I'm embarrassed. :blush.:

Artificer award ?

Moi ?

Quite surprised, but very thankful indeed !

Fun and certainly missed last year, even if trying to paint in the hottest summer in some time wasn't always enjoyable (I've no idea how the Americans and Aussies manage).

Special thanks to Cpt. Semper the stalwart as always, and to Augustus and Dragonlover for keeping the CSM forum ticking over. To think a few hundred points could've swung it to the 'proper' red team.....

More dancing, boys, we needed more dancing.....

Great work, and time to check out the other forums completions.

Artificer award ?

Moi ?

Quite surprised, but very thankful indeed !

Fun and certainly missed last year, even if trying to paint in the hottest summer in some time wasn't always enjoyable (I've no idea how the Americans and Aussies manage).

Special thanks to Cpt. Semper the stalwart as always, and to Augustus and Dragonlover for keeping the CSM forum ticking over. To think a few hundred points could've swung it to the 'proper' red team.....

More dancing, boys, we needed more dancing.....

Great work, and time to check out the other forums completions.

Hey, I liked your work. What can I say? :P

Thanks I always feel proud of my ETL medals. I was trying to remember why I didn’t have a medal for 2015 then I remembered I had a 18 month old who wouldn’t sleep and I thought she was going to kill me. How soon the nightmares fade.

Thank you Semper and all those that assisted him!

I had a great time in this ETL, my first, and I'm happy to have done my part to make sure the Orks weren't left in the dust. I only wish I could have done more!

I have a question related to the artificer images. Did you just need good pictures of the one vow you quote or were you looking to find one from any/all vows we did this year?

“Now you all have three days to provide me with the best pics you can take of your vows (make them large-ish) so I can set up the poll for all the B&C members to vote. They do not have to be pics of the entire vow - it could be a select few models or even one model that you are most proud of! In fact I'd rather you do that, and get a clear image of your best work in the ETL VI than try to cram everything in a pic and lose focus. Just make sure it's work you did during the ETL!

In case you do not provide me with any pics, then I'll use the ones you posted in the completion declarations of your vows. But please make the effort - it'll be fun and your work will presented closer to your liking.” -Captain

I have a question related to the artificer images. Did you just need good pictures of the one vow you quote or were you looking to find one from any/all vows we did this year?

Well, it's really up to you. The pictures I quoted are just an example of your work in the ETL VI - don't read anything more into it. 

What I need is a good picture of an example of your work during the ETL VI. I doesn't have to be the one I displayed or even another from the same vow. All I need is a good quality picture that does credit to your work and you're happy with it. Take a new one if you want. I doesn't have to be a family pic of your entire contribution, unless you want it to. Just make sure it's a picture of something you did during the ETL VI. A single unit or even a single mini would do (provided they are a legit unit).

Tomorrow I'll start a PM discussion with all the Artificers and we can discuss all the details. :)

Ninja'ed by this Tau person. :P 

Archived