=][= E Tenebrae Lux VI =][=

The ETL has been really interesting to watch as it unfolded. Congrats to everyone that participated. I was astounded by both the quantity and quality from the pledges in the forums I browsed. I may have to see if I can contribute next year. I'll probably be throwing my lot in with either Admech or Orks.

Like everyone else said, muchas gracias to Captain Semper on hosting the event. And also thanks to all the folks who participated and shared their work. All of the amazing work was extremely inspiring! Congratulations are in order to the Blood Angels for all the diligent work by their forum members.

For my own part, I'm happy to have the completion badge that wipes away my previous failure. Next time, I'll have to raise the bar to two or more vows. Can't wait till next year's event!

Dear Captain Semper, thank you so much for another meticulously organized, well-run event. The ETL has been the mainstay of my hobby drive and productivity since the first time I entered in ETL III, back in 2014 - only three months after I've started posting on this forum. Your event has brought me drive and inspiration, online buddies (even a few real life friends from several countries), tons of miniatures, and most importantly a lot of fun! I'm thoroughly impressed that you run this thing as smoothly as you do each year. 

CHAOS became second???? By a mere 343 points - 0.16%???? Had I known this, I would have pushed even harder on some struggling, inspiring them to finish with help, scheduling, the ol' virtual kick in the butt, and constructive advice. Alas, a victory is a victory, and seeing as the Blood Angels are a bunch of blood sucking vampires - and therefore clearly corrupted - anyway, I claim this as a success! Nevertheless - NEXT YEAR!!!!

Also: an ARTIFICER BADGE? :woot: You honour me, good sir! I thank you and shall wear it in my siggy forever... 

Again, thank you Captain Semper - and the Shadow Guard for the excellent support - you guys are the best! :tu: :tu:

Dear Captain Semper, thank you so much for another meticulously organized, well-run event. The ETL has been the mainstay of my hobby drive and productivity since the first time I entered in ETL III, back in 2014 - only three months after I've started posting on this forum. Your event has brought me drive and inspiration, online buddies (even a few real life friends from several countries), tons of miniatures, and most importantly a lot of fun! I'm thoroughly impressed that you run this thing as smoothly as you do each year. 

CHAOS became second???? By a mere 343 points - 0.16%???? Had I known this, I would have pushed even harder on some struggling, inspiring them to finish with help, scheduling, the ol' virtual kick in the butt, and constructive advice. Alas, a victory is a victory, and seeing as the Blood Angels are a bunch of blood sucking vampires - and therefore clearly corrupted - anyway, I claim this as a success! Nevertheless - NEXT YEAR!!!!

Also: an ARTIFICER BADGE? :woot: You honour me, good sir! I thank you and shall wear it in my siggy forever... 

Again, thank you Captain Semper - and the Shadow Guard for the excellent support - you guys are the best! :tu: :tu:

Now I’m blushing... :blush:

I’m really happy and proud that the ETL is such a source of drive and n for you Augustus... as you know from 40k canon fluff, the Inner Circle always aims to please! :p

Yes the result was extremely close. I don’t recall any other time that it was so close... and if both sides had no penalties Chaos would have won with just 28 pts.!!! it just shows that every vow is valuable no matter it’s size. It also stresses the fact that incomplete vows can have a decisive effect.

So next year will be very special as it is B&C’s 20th Anniversary - who wouldn’t want to win that one? ;)

Another great ETL, with many models being painted glorious work all round :tu:

However that list of oath breakers is far too long, let's see if we can reduce it next time ;)

Yeah, listen to the Commissar! :lol:

I'm sad I didn't win =O

Hey, cheer up. We got Primus Inter Pares for AoD. That's nothing to sneer at. Heck, we beat the traitors when it didn't look like we could. And they had that Vykes character who cheated by using the time manipulation of the warp. I heard a rumor it actually took him two years to paint all that stuff. :lol:

You turned out some stunning models. Maybe next year you'll get to wear the artificer badge.

Captain Semper,

Once again, thank you for all the countless hours you put into this event. It clearly shows. The participation, quality and enthusiasm from everyone here is inspiring. I am very thankful to be a part of such an amazing community here. Prior to joining, I had been dragging my feet and allowing a massive backlog to build up. My Ke'lshan sept only consisted of 8 units (XV107, XV109, Ethereal, 5 man pathfinder, 2 XV9's, Shas O R'alai, and a Fireblade). 8 units that I painted over the course of a year. Having said that, your event enabled me to unleash my inner Tau'va and amass a sizeable army.

Current army:
gallery_106282_14428_475100.jpeg

Next year, I plan on recruiting fellow friends to the T'au faction and help the Xenos climb that ladder. I will also continue my tradition of painting right up to the very last minute of the ETL! (I know JeffJedi was nervous about becoming JeffJudy :biggrin.: :biggrin.:).

Not going to lie, painting for 32 hours straight and having the opportunity to participate in this event has definitely been the highlight of the year 2018. As a Paramedic, thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me a healthy distraction and channel over these past 3 months.

Last.... but not least......

ETLVII : Second Sphere Expansion

Captain Semper, I'm stunned and amazed by how much you've put in to running this event, and honored to have been a part of it. Thank you.

I also appear to be surrounded by superstitious and xenophobic humans who keep shouting things about purging and heresy, and - look at my wrist - I think I'm late for torturing somebody - so I'm off to do that before anyone takes advantage of my temporarily distracted emotional state.

*points*

Hey, isn't that your Emperor over there?

*escapes*

Well done to the Blood Angels, my spiritual Brethren. A hard fought and very well deserved win!

And I am honoured to be counted amongst the Artificers of the campaign!

Thanks once again to Cap'n Semper for all the hard work!

This ETL was my first ever painting event, and the community spirit and the friendly competition really spurred me on. I've now got more painted models than I ever have before, I've got a fully painted tabletop legal army for the first time ever, and my painting skills are better than they've ever been.

Thanks to Captain Semper for running such an awesome event, and thanks to everyone who participated and helped their fellow hobbyists along.

Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. :biggrin.:

I'll be the first to admit I only ever paint a few models for the ETL, but I'll also be the first to admit the ETL is what gets me painting when the rest of the year drains the motivation out of me.

It's an honour to participate in such a great event, and a joy to see so much incredible talent on display all across the forums. :thumbsup:

Congratulations to the sons of Sanguinius! Your dedication is exemplary, and we must all learn from it! :happy.:

When the call to arms sounds next year, you can be sure the White Hawks will once again fly for the ETL!

Also: My favourite statistic, every ETL, is this:

• 315,757 pts completed before penalties

We all did that - win or lose, between us all we got over 315,000 points of models painted in three months!
If that doesn't show the true power of E Tenebrae Lux, I don't know what does! :biggrin.:

Tonight I got to learn how to use a green screen, a DSLR, softbox lights, and adobe photoshop! Can't wait till the 2nd Sphere Expansion (ETLVII)

Artificer Submission:

SCENIC GROUP SHOT:

gallery_106282_14471_1276487.jpg

She will never read this, but a huge thank you to my wonderful Wife! I couldn't have done this event without her. She might be the biggest anti-nerd I have ever met, but I will tell you what, she is very supportive. Any moment of free time I had over these past 3 months she made sure to remind me of my oath I swore. Also, she was the one who suprised me with the tools I needed to take this picture:

gallery_106282_14471_22984.jpg

#OnlyTheBestForTheETL!!!

Archived