Mendi Warrior's Adeptus Titanicus project log

Mendi Warrior

So here is a picture of my "painting line" before I sprayed some leadbelcher. Most are AT models and components with some dwarves and old Empire knights thrown in the mix, bought a long time ago (20+ years ago for some), assembled later and so far never painted …

Hidden Content

gallery_116407_14938_65146.jpg

Now slowly readying myself for adding leadbelcher to the parts I missed while spraying …

:jawdrop:

Production line if there ever was one... Better you than me mate...

Lol :biggrin.:

Some say I'm crazy, but to me this is one way not to go mad

I really need to find narrower planks so I can better spray the models from under them. That is where I need to add by hand afterwards.

As posted in Brother Dallo's thread in answer to a question on using the juggernaut head to chaos-ify the warhound, I quickly did this:

gallery_116407_14938_31356.jpg

I have 3 juggernaut heads set aside for similar kitbashes.

The leadbelcher touch ups are nearly fully completed for my last batch. Nuln oil will be the next step.

I have already published this picture. I tried the armour plates again but this time with the lateral pistons. And … one of these two legs is giving me a little problem to correctly position the armour plates. Can you guess which one? Is it the one on the left in the picture or the one on the right?

gallery_116407_14938_37907.jpg

It is indeed the right one. The angle between the foot and the interior of the leg is a tad too tight, hence once the piston is in place, the armour plate is higher than it should be, by only 1mm … The easy way, I think, to solve it is to slightly cut the piston at the extremity going into the leg so it is closer to the leg and doesn't come in the way of the armour plate.

I just opened my battlegroup box to see if everything is there and after I put all the sprues back into the box I thought, damn I'll have to build another reaver! :)

(and warlord) but the sad part is that those will not be the last ones...

I don't like the head but I feel like it's the best one to Chaosify.

I love the head, especially chaosified. This is dead easy and especially effective imho.

gallery_116407_14938_13763.jpg

I see you went with the Skyrim option. :p

I can dig it.

How are your Titans progressing? I'm looking forward to seeing that head on a Titan.

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

I am in a slow mode these days, but I'm nearly done touching up the leadbelcher. I still have some very small areas not perfectly covered (the weapons joint which can move for positioning it). I started putting Nuln oil on a few models. I also ordered more paints.

I am now checking all my reavers to see if the legs armour plates fit well once the lateral pistons are in place. Since I forgot to dry fit those I am finding a few instances requiring some more work to have a decent fit of the armour panels.

I took a few pics and put some notes to explain the problem and my potential solution

First reaver, checking the right leg:

gallery_116407_14938_4210.jpg

Moving on to the left leg, finding the first problem: once the inside lateral piston is put in place, it comes in the way of the inside leg armour panel and prevents it from fitting perfectly. It is basically 1mm in the way but this is sufficient for messing things up.

gallery_116407_14938_85926.jpg

So, I tried to have the upper part of the lateral piston coming closer to the leg, so as to get less in the way of the armour plate. I removed part of the ball then I removed it full? You see this on the left shot. As it was not sufficient to solve the problem, I shaved the upper part of the ankle armour trim, it will be hidden by the leg armour panel. This said, I would leave this as a last resort solution only.

gallery_116407_14938_46731.jpg

Since these two steps were not sufficient, I removed more from the back of the upper part of the piston so it could go deeper into the leg's recess. I should have tried this before removing the ankle armour trim.

gallery_116407_14938_56193.jpg

And eventually the result was satisfactory

gallery_116407_14938_45550.jpg

When I'll actually glue the parts together, I'll likely use a clamp to maintain the leg armour panel into place until the glue is completely dry.

I had already glued the front and back pistons but I noticed the back piston armour plate is not as tall as the one for the lateral pistons. So maybe they can be switched and used inside of the legs where the angle between the foot and leg is the most likely to present challenges. This said, their design is not the same as the one for the lateral pistons

gallery_116407_14938_1980.jpg

So I checked all 4 reavers and I had to cut a little bit from the left leg inside piston for each one of them. I wished I was a genestealer mutant because 2 more arms would have come handy to dry fit the pistons and leg armour panels at the same time. You just need to be patient and stay zen because these parts tend to fall often (you can use blu tack but then you add some unnecessary thickness).

Anyway, after some time (and a bit of swearing) all pistons are glued, after having dry fitted each and everyone of them. I added some Abaddon Black on the lateral ankle armour plates. Maybe I'll leave the front and back ankle armour panels as they are (Leadbelcher + Nuln Oil). I'll paint the trims later.

gallery_116407_14938_35714.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_45115.jpg

The last one still need some Nuln Oil

gallery_116407_14938_15370.jpg

Maybe I should have chosen to go purely Legio Audax … no Reaver legs to build :biggrin.: (but that would be missing a good part of the fun wouldn't it?)

Thanks, indeed easy to hide, it just takes some time but the result is definitely worth it.

Inspired by all the excellent bases I see in other project logs I started on the ones for my warhounds, it is work-in-progress but gives an idea how they will eventually look like. Wooden coffee stirers, foamboard, and the old epic ruins that came with every box of infantry back then. Here are the first 3.

gallery_116407_14938_36038.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_13977.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_60545.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_61001.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_49487.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_52580.jpg

It is pretty effective indeed. You can also use them inside of the bigger epic ruins (e.g. small wall surrounding a courtyard within a bigger building)

For instance, another work-in-progress

gallery_116407_14938_28080.jpg

Adding a floor (the idea is to have a staircase leading from the ground floor to the first floor

gallery_116407_14938_49151.jpg

Edited by Mendi Warrior