WarriorFish

Once of the Pavoni Cult, Akhenaten began a pilgrimage across the stars after Ahriman's grand spell. Even with only a modest band of Rubrics at his command he cuts his way through the galaxy as he sees fit - and frequently through the fabric of space in doing so. A cryptic man of few words he relentlessly pursues his goal of knowledge and power at any cost. Any who stand in his way soon become dust...

Aharon once served with Akhenaten in the same Fellowship, and as a close and trusted ally followed him steadfastly into the arms of Tzeentch. Formerly a member of the Raptora Cult his chief motivation is to achieve such mastery over telekinesis that none can obstruct him. Any witnessing the brutality and power of the Exalted's sorcerous might are under no illusions he will achieve his goal sooner or later, for such raw might can only be with Tzeentch's blessing. His favourite trick is to use his mastery of telekinesis to rend the ground itself, his foe's final moments before being crushed spent in horror and awe.

Together they form a terrible duo, their vying for greater glory and service to their patron god and Primarch pushing them ever onwards. Worlds and armies burn before them, only for their marching Rubricae to vanish once more into the warp to find the next part of the labyrinthine plan set in motion millennia ago...

Just in time for the Chapter Approved point adjustments, I finally start my journey proper :biggrin.: It starts small but is enough for a Patrol detachment alongside my Slaaneshi Marines tomorrow so not having a clue what I'm doing aside hopefully they do Tzeentch proud! As part of my cunning Tzeentchian plan almost all of my Thousand Sons kits are from swaps... the god of change should surely approve and influence the dice accordingly :wink:

Here's the first squad:

gallery_30308_15068_38495.jpg

gallery_30308_15068_20537.jpg

Plus Aharon:

gallery_30308_15068_21701.jpg

I'll need to get better pictures, since they're hitting the table tomorrow that seems like a sensible time to try :wink:

Thanks guys, it's been a long time coming but good to get going :smile.: The scheme is straight forward, and is basically Duncan's approach. Retributor Gold spray, wash with Reikland Fleshshade and highlight with Sigmarite. The purple is Naggaroth Night with a good Drakenhof Nightshade wash. It gives a good colour I like, seems to swap between looking a purple or a dark blue (which should please Tzeentch).

I'll try and be good and focus on more Rubrics next, but I expect my box of Scarab Occult will barge their way up the list sooner or later :tongue.:

They got their first battle in, full batrep is here :thumbsup: They did ok in a bad situation, but as a small Patrol addition I wasn't expecting a great deal. Psychic powers didn't achieve much unfortunately, it doesn't help with Shadow of the Warp to contend with :sad.: Even so Doom Bolt seems really expensive, it looked useful but it's so hard to cast it's a red herring :confused: At the least a good innings with denying powers so they made an impact there, I'm sure with more models and investment they'll do much more in the future :biggrin.:

My horde of Tzeentchian dice rolled quite well too so perhaps there is method in my madness after all :laugh.: With the impending point adjustments from CA2018 I feel that there are good times ahead for Rubrics... even if that means I have to paint a few more :tongue.:

They'll be my first unit after the bread and butter I have no doubt, but I usually make the mistake of running off to paint units I want and then realise I can't field them properly :lol: I could stick to a Patrol detachment still but then I'd be looking at a lot of points :P I've got my old Aspiring Sorcerer cleaned up so I'm ready to start on the second Rubric squad, maybe once I have a couple of 5 model squads I can see what else takes my fancy...

• 1 month later...

Been a very long 2019 so far, but I did get to make some hobby progress:

gallery_30308_15068_33888.jpg

A fresh Rubric squad ready for paint :smile.: There's a flamer and SRC as I need the latter for my KT (I had completely forgotten it was in there), but I do have the second test model almost done who can fill in until I get a 10 man squad. The Aspiring Sorcerer has a new front chest plate from the Exalted box as his original one didn't survive the swim but it didn't take too much modification to fit, and will help keep them looking a bit different so all's well that ends well :D

Not sure when I can get some painting in, so it'll probably be a case of the odd colour here and there when I can. No rest for the wicked it seems!

• 1 month later...

Finally got some time for hobby again, I've got as far as the purple for the next squad:

gallery_30308_15068_41644.jpg

Once the blue wash is on it'll mostly be details, so maybe not amazing progress but progress nonetheless :smile.: When they're done the question will be do I get a third box to aim for that Battalion or do I finish the remaining Rubrics..?

I think that's what I'll go for, plus I apparently like to add to my collection faster than I finish it :laugh.: Then I can work a squad at a time up to 10 models as I game, and be able to move on to the Scarab Occult without feeling bad for skipping the bread and butter :tongue.:

• 2 months later...

Been a little while, but I have returned to the Rubrics above and completed them :biggrin.:

gallery_30308_15068_32043.jpg

Getting closer to that battalion! I have the left over bolter Rubric who is mostly done (he features earlier as the second test model), he's next on my list as I aim to clear my hobby decks of all current projects to make room for new ones.

Once that's done I can resume on working towards that third Rubric box that's sitting in cellophane :wink: I think the SRC looks cool, and gives the squad a bit of a different look so he's not just filling out a requirement in my TSons Kill Team :tongue.: I'll definitely be taking my Rubrics next KT game I have :smile.:

Thanks! I didn't know who the Crystalline Harbingers were until you mentioned them bamsen, they are very similar in scheme! Akhenaten's band is more on the purple side, and uses a cream rather than white (robes aside) so there's enough difference :smile.:

I'll see about getting a little group shot, I'm keen to get more Rubrics done once I've cleared by hobby decks :thumbsup: