WarriorFish

Until you get them and realise they weren't clipped or cleaned properly etc :lol:

I always planned to get a fourth box, I held off because I had one to do and I wanted to see if they'd be included in the box set. I haven't bothered with the Icon as it was kind of rubbish and points needed to be spent elsewhere. Now they have more of a use I'll need to look at them. I figured another 10 should complete my Rubric needs - another Aspiring Sorcerer, a few more flamers and some Icons should do the trick?

I’m using detachment colors as an excuse to get and paint more. I actually bought most of it during PA, but preferred my other stuff. The dark colors here coat better than my red so congrats on that. They also contrast better and don’t visually blend from a few feet away.

just keep going. 

Yea, I hear you. I started a few more just to get a few more toys on the boys including icons, and flamers. Wow what a painstaking process.

I bet ebay sees a TON of gold Rubrics in about a month. lol

I found 20 gold Rubrics in a case in my closet, lol. I didn't realize I had that many! I am thinking squads of five then do something else as a pallette cleanser like a small squad of horrors then another five.

Man I was debating a new color scheme though like my units to match however color scheming by cult might be fun idea!

I am waiting on a couple of bits (hopefully) before the Rubrics can get primed, so rather than sit around I decided to spent the hobby time assembling an Exalted on disc:

gallery_30308_15068_20300.jpg

Went for another helmless model for variety, this should help me along to getting my Sons backlog done ready for the new models. If I get the third Exalted done with the remaining four SOT I'll only have Ahriman Akhenaten from the current pile :smile.:

Thanks guys, it was good to be playing with the Exalted kit again - spent more time recommending it to others than using it lately so good to get a reminder why I like it so much :tongue.: I'm working on Exalted for all my HQs, even if they stand in as a normal Sorcerer or something. I'll do one more bare headed model which will be a SOT Sorcerer then done - don't want to overdo it :tongue.: Though I may want to see about modifying the Ahriman model a bit, will see when I get there.

I have my Hexfire now, along with the codex and cards :biggrin.: A lunch time well spent reading through the codex to start getting an understanding of it :smile.: Felt a little bit like a child at Christmas, been some time since I ordered things never mind a box set. More importantly this also came with some vital hobby supplies including new brushes - and fancy ones at that - this should help get things done especially on Rubrics :smile.:

Just need to sort those bits so the Rubrics can be primed. Otherwise there's a strong risk I might accidentally open Hexfire and assemble the Infernal Master...

Seems I'm in an assembly mood, one Infernal Master over lunch:

gallery_30308_15068_64510.jpg

He's a fantastic model, great detail and gubbins - he'll be a stand out character. I am toying with a head swap though to make him a bit more my own:

gallery_30308_15068_44095.jpg

The rest of the model isn't viable for swapping aside from the one shoulder pad, even the backpack unless you wanted to swap it with a non-Sons one (or kitbash one up a bit). It's fine for me as I'll probably only use the one, but there's the easy option of kitbashing one up anyway - outside of a bit of summoning what makes him an Infernal Master? Doesn't even need that...

In case anyone is interested my not particularly scientific measuring had him be a bit taller than a Rubric, if they were to be standing identically. Not enough to matter much as characters can be a bit taller and he has his tactical rock of no small stature so nobody will notice :tongue.: I have kept the various pieces separate for priming of course, I think I'll move forwards with the characters here as I may have a little wait to sort the last bits for the Rubrics.

I'm thinking about the other Exalted so I'll see what Tzeentch has in plan for me :smile.:

He is indeed whoever sculpted him should be very proud of their work (though to be fair starting with the Sons range and aesthetic does give you a leg up :wink: ), I think I will move ahead with the characters plan but I have an idea to explore first that may or may not be wise :tongue.: I'm set on the head swap too, I'll use the horn helmet for the other Exalted :smile.: I'm not going to change anything else, it was more detailing it for others who may be wondering about adjustments or using the model twice :thumbsup:

I've returned to my prototype 1000pts list for the new codex and tweaked it a bit more. I think this makes good use of my models and should be pretty good, albeit a bit limited for it.

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Chaos - Thousand Sons) [5CP, 12 Cabal Points, 996pts] ++

Cults of the Legion: Cult of Time

Sorcerous Arcana [-1CP]: Additional Relics

+ HQ +

Exalted Sorcerer [3 Cabal Points, 100pts]: 12. Twist of Fate, 3. Undying Form, 31. Cacodaemonic Curse, Conniving Plate, Inferno Bolt Pistol, Warlord

Exalted Sorcerer [3 Cabal Points, 100pts]: 13. Doombolt, 33. Desecration of Worlds, Inferno Bolt Pistol, Umbralefic Crystal

Infernal Master [2 Cabal Points, 90pts]: 31. Empyric Guidance, 4. Diabolic Savant, 6. Malefic Maelstrom

+ Troops +

Rubric Marines [2 Cabal Points, 230pts]: Icon of Flame
. Aspiring Sorcerer: 12. Glamour of Tzeentch, Inferno Bolt Pistol
. 8x Rubric Marine w/ inferno boltgun: 8x Inferno boltgun
. Rubric Marine w/ soulreaper cannon: Soulreaper cannon

Rubric Marines [1 Cabal Points, 256pts]
. Aspiring Sorcerer: 32. Pyric Flux, Inferno Bolt Pistol
. 2x Rubric Marine w/ inferno boltgun: 2x Inferno boltgun
. 6x Rubric Marine w/ warpflamer: 6x Warpflamer

Rubric Marines [1 Cabal Points, 220pts]
. Aspiring Sorcerer: 22. Weaver of Fates, Inferno Bolt Pistol
. 8x Rubric Marine w/ inferno boltgun: 8x Inferno boltgun

That said I've still an Exalted to build for this (not including the 10 Rubrics and Infernal Master still to paint) but he was on the cards anyway. I was going to keep a flamer in the other two squads but I thought why not see what all the fuss is about :tongue.: The flamer squad should be able to do some good work and be the workhorse for doing damage, with the crystal to move them if needed. The Exalted Warlord should be pretty handy in a fight too :smile.:

Going to take a little while to adjust to the new normal of 2W Marines - it may only be three squads but this is 60W of Rubrics that would have been 60 models before... Same with the psychic powers there's a lot of powers that look useful but you can only fit so many in. Another advantage for smaller units. Or perhaps more Sorcerers but I feel HQs could easily be a points sink trap if you're not careful.

List looks good for 1000p, the only thing that jumps out at me is that if the enemy brings a vehicle/monster you may have a problem. Sure Doombolt and smite can cause a good number of wounds, but is it enough to deal with say a Leman Russ? Or a Dead such as a Redemptor?

If you think the Exalted warlord will end up in combat maybe find the points for a Khopesh, gives him options, extra strength with the staff or reliable 2 damage with the sword.

Yes, armour is a problem more so for me currently as I am limited by what I have. I'll need to rely on psychic might and spamming attacks :tongue.: Once I get more models done I can look to expanding into such options :smile.: That means I need to get a wriggle on but I'm making progress there as I've given the Infernal Master's cloak some gap filling:

gallery_30308_15068_39197.jpg

I'll finish the tidying up tomorrow with an aim to prime if I can get time. That said I am still trying to decide which helmet to give him - this is the other option I have:

gallery_30308_15068_3846.jpg

Maybe if I still can't decide when I get to priming I'll need to switch to the Rubrics :tongue.:

It's my favorite out of the heads. I have an Exalted magnetized for foot with that helm that I proxied today for my Infernal Master. Also had the flaming backpack.

It the latest look this season for Infernal Master fashion trendsetters amongst sophisticated cabals.

Edited by Skerr