=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2019 [=

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha: thanks for indulging my request - year long side project decided
Cactus: "ping" - I concur. My (fallout) mini-nuke makes just that ambience
this dude wishes everyone a happy friday ..or death to heretics, just as good

med_gallery_80881_12688_116477.jpg
Edited by marcusc

I, Greenz, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete a Plague Marine by month's end.

med_gallery_71758_14318_33096.jpg

Im also posting this bad boy up as my "slow burn" model for the year. He was originally going to be converted into a chimera for my Warriors of Chaos army, but thats not happening anymore. So now he's destined to become a Daemon Prince for my DG, with a lot of GS and plasticard work to be done.

med_gallery_71758_14318_122604.jpg

That's a great pose, Greenz. What's the idea with the bolter and the cone of green stuff over the barrel?

Thanks Rogue! The cone over the barrel of the bolter is going to be muzzle flash. It’s something I started doing with some other models, and I feel it adds more story to the model. As some frater have told me before, I don’t paint models, I paint “action figures” hahah

Gederas, that is a big undertaking, good luck. As for Metla, I always imagined that make that whooshing sound you get when you turn on a Bunsen burner, just a lot louder.

Greenz, good luck with the demon prince, a promising start. Nice marine as well.

Fr33Dom, glad to see him finished. He just found the one spot to land amongst all the slime/mud, good thing he has jump pack to get out of there. Are we going to see his colleagues next month?

With the pose and the big slab of cork(?) on the base the melta knight looks like he is surfing.

Cannot unsee :lol:

And yes, it's a slab of corkboard with plastic card over it. The Knight is going to be based like my World Eaters and Word Bearers will be, on ruined city rubble. Hence the use of the plastic card to make the corkboard look more like concrete.

It'll look less like he's surfing once the base is done :lol:

A little update, the Centurions are coming along. 

Centurionwip2

I wasn't able to get the right shade of gold to finish the armigar. So I'm redoing all the gold trim and the red (darkening one and lightening the other). I need to get it a meltagun for the carapace. After that his done. 

warglaive2

warglaive1

Edit: added warglaive picts

Edited by Focslain

Fr33Dom, glad to see him finished. He just found the one spot to land amongst all the slime/mud, good thing he has jump pack to get out of there. Are we going to see his colleagues next month?

Cheers mate.

Not sure about his buddies yet, I’ve really got back in to painting up some Ultramarines at the minute and enjoying that more than I’ve ever done in the last year.

And that's Brandherz finished:

Ok5dxpQ.jpg

Decided against doing the house symbol (for now) because I'm still working on that, likely going to make transfers for it. But the Knight itself is now totally done, based, and ready for the Tournament on March 2nd.

And that's Brandherz finished:

Decided against doing the house symbol (for now) because I'm still working on that, likely going to make transfers for it. But the Knight itself is now totally done, based, and ready for the Tournament on March 2nd.

That's how I work on my knights. I really need to get to work on the house emblem.

Good luck at the tourny.

Okay so just to make it official here is the before picture for the three daemonettes that shall be my first February vow:

gallery_36568_14038_64145.jpg

I have them about 90% done now. Will post up the photo of where I am up to on them tomorrow. I need some advice on what colour to do something but will get that sorted tomorrow.