Loquille's attempt to stop lurking. Horus Heresy log.

Loquille

More reinforcement inbound. 

This time in the shape of a Tactical Squad. Quite happy to be able to mix in some old bodies in to add some variety. For some reason I'd avoided mixing marks in my other forces.     

H6W7KMA.jpg

T6E4Xb8.jpg

All together shot.

RAzxkUG.jpg

Now to start on the next, which should be another Tactical Squad, but I've undercoated a tank and a couple characters, so we'll see what skips the queue. 

@Pearson73: Thanks dude.

@Hushrong: Thankyou :) 

@Lucerne: Sorry I didn't reply before.  

Eyes are : Mephiston red base,

then  yellow added to the mix,

before a final line of pure yellow. 

The gold is Retributor Armour,

followed by a layer of Earthshade,

Retributor re-applied,

Valdor Gold. 

• 2 weeks later...

The painting war continues. 

First up is the Arcus that I completed this morning. After a panic yesterday weathering wise, it actually turned out how I wanted it. 

Ld1wcxL.jpg

TiYMEkK.jpg

JHrbQDS.jpg

Next up is another Tactical Squad. 

9dXSd7Z.jpg

T5fANid.jpg

ZEJKlT6.jpg

With the second Tactical Squad complete I'm going to treat myself to the couple characters on the worktop, before starting on the next unit of infantry, which should be a nice little groupd of Lernaean terminators. But as usual we shall see what distracts me from my plans. 

@Yosef Hausakluif: Thanks man. It's one of the things I've been aiming for. That basing wise and style works across the whole collection.

@Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks dude :) 

As always, thanks for looking.

Treated my self to completing a couple characters in the form of a Cataphractii clad Praetor, and a Primus Apothecary. 

AshcFMA.jpg 

pAyjyVH.jpg

I spent a while getting the chain transfer to sit right on the bottom of the cloak, then for it to disapear while weathering. Luckily once sealed it re-appeared. 

MUXuoJL.jpg

7ifkma8.jpg

And the Primus with his trusty hammer, to make sure all the important bits stay in the body. 

I've got a second one on the paint station in Cataphractii armour which is in my current list, but I got carried away and finished this one first. :) 

Next up should be either a Contemptor Dreadnought and the second Apothecary. But I'm feeling in a bike mood so we shall see. 

@Pearson73: Thankyou 

@Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks dude. 

I, I actually stuck to what I planned, it feels strange..

So the Contemptor marched off the line this morning. I tried to up my weathering with him, sealing removed a small portion of it as it does. But overall I'm happy with it. 

f64kwNB.jpg

kHgNWUW.jpg

JKGJdBg.jpg

BTuuyv2.jpg

I think next, I'll either complete a small Support Squad or the jetbikes. I might even stick to it!

@BjornFirewalker. Thankyou :) 

As usual guys, thanks for looking. 

• 3 weeks later...

So I kinda stuck to what I planned. 

First up what was, a small Plasma Support Squad, I've got the other half built, but I'm planning to use them to break up all the transports later on.                  

udM9XFo.jpg

aYKDiCs.jpg

All together.                  

BZYN51Q.jpg

The next completion is a Spartan to move some Lernaeans around, though the list is currently without either of them. But it's done :)                

qh8pBnY.jpg

CjXw9UB.jpg

gntfgko.jpg

Overall I'm happy with it. I think the weathering works. I wanted it to look like it had gathered on the top of the hull, and to the sides of the heavy bolter. As if the weapon was moving it to the side as it swung left and right.

Up next I've a few different bits that need doing so we'll see where it takes me. Though it's possibly the second Contemptor or the Vindicators next. 

@Bjorn Firewalker: Thankyou :) 

@Pearson73: Thankyou, now I just need to build a unit to run around with the Apothecary.

As always thanks for looking.                

Edited by Loquille

• 3 weeks later...

Time for another small update. Not as much completed as I hoped but I made myself finish something as I've a little pile of things growing all half finished. 

So tonight it's just a Command Squad to go with an in progress Praetor. 

ejFfjtk.jpg

vAxkoid.jpg

KkLilAW.jpg

And a (slightly..)  different angle

AuSX3ui.jpg

Just the four models for this one, the next should be the Praetor to go with these guys and another piece of armour. 

@Bjorn Firewalker: Thankyou 

As always Thanks for looking. 

Edited by Loquille

Mini update but the Praetor is finished. 

o7n5zwy.jpg

J72WSKy.jpg

O0udknZ.jpg

And one as a unit.

AwX0MVI.jpg

I'm still working away on some armour in the form of a Vindicator, but I did build a Plasma Cannon squad. 

@Pearson73: Thankyou, I tried to make them individual while trying to keep the Legion aesthetic. 

@Bjorn Firewalker: Thankyou. 

Another piece of armour for today's update. The Vindicator had been needing finishing off for a few days, but it's finally done. 

PMP83N1.jpg

qXNIlm7.jpg

Weathering is more muted than the Spartan, it seems to go from one extreme to the other when it comes to vehicles for me.

Next up is another Praetor. Going through boxes I found a couple MKII marines and the command set bodies. So I decided to add them into the Alpha Legion for a bit of variety. 

Quite happy with how the Praetor turned out. 

Though having spent years working on Night Lords I forgot how much of a pain painting proper eyes were, but got there in the end. 

4QQOEEr.jpg

ho7efIb.jpg

4Mzs1Lg.jpg

Up next, I'm still working away on the Proteus, but working on the Praetor has got me wanting to paint some older marks so after picking up some Plasma Cannons I might do a small Heavy Support squad next. 

@BadgersinHills: Thankyou.

@Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks dude,

Edited by Loquille

• 3 weeks later...

More reinforcements arrive. 

Still playing around with some MKII, I grabbed some Plasma Cannons for something different as I'd strangely never owned a unit with them. 

I made a decision early on to try and keep all the older marks with the Alpha Omega symbol for their Legion iconography which I think helps them stand out throughout the force. 

vPpw0T9.jpg

IRf4j9s.jpg

With these done, I'll try and swing myself back around to finishing the Proteus, though another Vet squad and some Lumineth are trying tempt me to jump the queue. Who wins, my focus or distractions? No body knows! 

:@Bjorn Firewalker: Thankyou, I'm always unsure when it comes to the tanks.