Looks like I'm going to bear down and finish the TDA ancient. He's probably an OOC build since his legs and front torso are a TDA from Dark vengeance. His back and arms will be from the fancy BA TDA kit though.

I'm not familiar with the model. Have you a picture? Are you basically taking an existing model and adding bits to it?
I've taken the chain fist terminator from the dark vengeance set and chopped his back off and removed all Dark Angel iconography. I'm going to replaced it with a normal space marine TDA back, and the arms will be a banner from the BA kit as well as whichever weapon option I decide on.

gallery_92746_14190_128849.jpg

I Dont-Be-Haten, Sanguinary Noviate of the Blood Angels sub-forum and first of his name, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash Thereon, Keeper of the Mantle (Terminator Ancient with Lightning claw) on or before April 1st, 2019. Success will bring honour to the Carmine Blades, whilst failure is not an option...

I'm going to make him a competition entry, seeing as how all of the Blood Angel Terminators are Legs and back torso combined. The only difference is this model was a former Dark Vengeance model I'm customizing. I've removed all iconography and added some BA Goodness to it. However; if Jole rules he's OOC that's fine.

Sorry for the late reply, RL is being *difficult* right now...

Sadly I can't picture the DV model but if it's what you want to go with it then give it your best shot and we'll see how he turns out - after all, it's going to be your model so be happy with it :tu:

Vow logged (nice to see a TDA Ancient too)

I MAJKHEL, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash one out-of-competition Captain on or before April 1st, 2019. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option.

OOC, because I really wanted to use Tolmeron's body and pose to make a Primaris size Captain with TH.

Vow completed:

gallery_105306_14251_3266.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_121926.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_76608.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_79529.jpg

Parts used:

Head: Sanguinary Guard

Body: Lieutenant Tolmeron

Arms: Lieutenant Tolmeron (right hand - Vanguard Veterans kit)

Legs: Lieutenant Tolmeron

Jump Pack: Antor Delassio (DW)

Thunder Hammer: Vanguard Veterans kit, Grey Knight Interceptor squad)

Storm Shield: Sanguinary Guard kit, Baal Predator kit

Arm-pit protection plates: BA Terminators kit

Grenades, purity seal, base - various kits

First completion, excellent work! :happy.: However, I do require the Angle shot (it's basically one from above so the judges can see how it looks from a different plane)

It does fit together nicely and that storm shield combination is exactly how I'm planning on doing mine...

Just save it for the ETL to paint please... Fancy another go? Loads of time left :)

Edited by Jolemai

As per the rules, the odd painted piece is OK (such as one scavenged off another model) but a fully undercoated or painted model is not and thus would be an out of competition entry.

Ideally, submissions will be bare plastic so the judges can better see the parts used :smile.:

Harrumph. I think it’s best I post a parts photo prior to starting each of my vowed models then so you can judge whether they will comply or be OOC. You see, generally I prime on-sprue and so most of my spare bits are primed black or white.

Anyway, I’ll let you be the judge but for me primer isn’t part of the paint-job.

By all means, everyone loves pictures! Feel free to snap a dry-run too if you want :smile.:

I know that events can't be rigid and need to evolve - even when it's a tried and tested approach such as this one. Obviously I want as many people as possible to have the opportunity to be involved and to have fun doing so. Lets see how it all comes together and go from there, at least it wont be undercoated as a single model (which we definitely don't want) :smile.: You'll no doubt notice I've allowed the entry below so...

Edited by Jolemai

I, Djangomatic82, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash a Smash Captain on or before April 1st, 2019. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Edit: Quick question, can we add a bit of color to basing and environment bits to better convey what they are meant to be? ex: a bit of grey to smoke, orange to fire, instead of it just being undifferentiated bits and stuff?

Vow Completed

Front

gallery_101213_15257_557935.jpg

Left side

gallery_101213_15257_278026.jpg
Rear
gallery_101213_15257_535546.jpg
Right side
gallery_101213_15257_749162.jpg

Angle

gallery_101213_15257_214261.jpg
Parts Used
[spoilers]Head, Storm Shield- Blood Angels Terminator Assault Squad
Hair, Thunder Hammer power cable, Purity seal rolls, cherub scroll- Green stuff
Torso- Blood Angels Tactical Squad
Legs, Jump Pack- Sanguinary Guard
Thunder Hammer, Left & Right Arm- Blood Angels Assault Squad
Thunder Hammer extended haft- Brass rod & greenstuff
Iron Halo, Wings- Fine cast Sanguinor blister pack
Cyber Cherub- Librarian blister pack
Ork & Genestealer skull- Scout squad
Plaguebearer skull- Citadel Skull box
Base- Pummice & rocks[/spoilers]

Sorry for the late reply, but I see you went ahead with it anyway! I've not problem with the bits on the base (it's often best to do that prior to undercoating the model anyway) and the black wash on a few bits really makes the model "pop". I think this is a really impressive model and I like how well the bits go together. The brass rod on the thunder hammer works too, i wouldn't have thought of that :blush.:

Fancy another go?

I, Spyros, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash one Lieutenant "Warden of the Blood" (on foot) on or before April 1st, 2019. Success will bring honour to the Blood angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Vow upheld!

When it comes down to kit-bashing creativity, boy, it takes a lot of time to choose...

Nevertheless, here is my 2nd company's "Warden of the Blood" lieutenant.

To better represent his (fluff-wise) command abilities, his helmet has extensive scope and targeters, and his combi-plasma allows him to hurt the enemy while he directs the troops.

Front:

gallery_93095_13791_394876.jpg

Left:

gallery_93095_13791_428671.jpg

Rear:

gallery_93095_13791_367503.jpg

Right:

gallery_93095_13791_364159.jpg

Angle:

gallery_93095_13791_140243.jpg

Parts used:

1. Legs from 3rd ed tactical squad

2. Torso from BA tactical squad

3. Left arm from FW's Damocles Command Rhino crew

4. Right arm & shoulder pad from BA tactical squad

5. Head from multi-part captain kit

6. Back pack from DC sprue

7. Roman leather fringe (between legs) from multi-part captain kit

8. Combi-plasma from BA tactical squad

9. Chainsword from 2nd ed weapons sprue

10. Belt pouches and grenades from BA tactical & 3rd ed tactical squad

So I've just bout got Thereon Sorted. I can't seem to make up my mind on which claw to go with. I've got it narrowed down to two.

I've also think my re-sub will probably be a company champion, heck I might just do all the individuals of the old honour guard/command squad.

First completion, excellent work! :happy.: However, I do require the Angle shot (it's basically one from above so the judges can see how it looks from a different plane)

It does fit together nicely and that storm shield combination is exactly how I'm planning on doing mine...

Just save it for the ETL to paint please... Fancy another go? Loads of time left :smile.:

Angle shots added to the completion post. Heres a funny angle one :tongue.:

med_gallery_105306_14251_51525.jpg

A true hero of the Imperium!

I'm definitely going to think of something more competitive as well :)

Regarding the rules, I really feel that with the way most of the Primaris models are designed, we could allow the usage of legs+torso from the same kit as a legal competition entry. For example: Aggressors (multi-part) have torso front with both thighs cast as a single part. So like 35% from one mini already judging by the current rules. Intercessors or Reivers look strange if you attach non-dedicated legs to a given torso. Just food for thought.

In future editions we will be definitely seeing more and more Primaris models.

Edited by Majkhel

I, Black Guard, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash a Primaris Chapter Master Gabriel Seth on or before April 1st, 2019. Success will bring honour to the Flesh Tearers Chapter, whilst failure is not an option...

I plan for this model to be the starting point of my primaris flesh tearers army.

I, Djangomatic82, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash a Smash Captain on or before April 1st, 2019. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Edit: Quick question, can we add a bit of color to basing and environment bits to better convey what they are meant to be? ex: a bit of grey to smoke, orange to fire, instead of it just being undifferentiated bits and stuff?

Vow Completed

Front

Left side

Rear
Right side

Angle

Parts Used

Sorry for the late reply, but I see you went ahead with it anyway! I've not problem with the bits on the base (it's often best to do that prior to undercoating the model anyway) and the black wash on a few bits really makes the model "pop". I think this is a really impressive model and I like how well the bits go together. The brass rod on the thunder hammer works too, i wouldn't have thought of that :blush.:

Fancy another go?

Thank you. for clarity's sake, the black muck on the model isn't a wash, its the remnants of the primer i had used on the previous models these had been part of. all the alcohol and scrubbing hasn't gotten rid of it after 4 attempts :/ I also added new rear and angle shots as i thought the jet pack plume was hiding a bit too much. If there are too many, I'll gladly remove them.

I, Djangomatic82, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash a Company Champion on or before April 1st, 2019. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

This may be an OOC entry as i am planning on using a pair of Assault terminator legs for the build (being the only legs i have on hand atm).

...This may be an OOC entry as i am planning on using a pair of Assault terminator legs for the build (being the only legs i have on hand atm).

A pair of legs from one kit is ok (25%).

Matching those with a torso or arms from the same kit would put it in OOC section.

My goal is to kitbash at least 3 models. If I can get a 4th in I'm going to do it!

So I've just bout got Thereon Sorted. I can't seem to make up my mind on which claw to go with. I've got it narrowed down to two.

I've also think my re-sub will probably be a company champion, heck I might just do all the individuals of the old honour guard/command squad.

Sounds great, I'd like to be able to do 2/3 entries too :thumbsup: not getting much traction on my initial pledge, however.

Depending on the release of the Vanguard Librarian I'm gonna enter him. Probably ooc if he's clampack but so be it. I won't change too much either as I like him as he is for the most part but I have to make him fit the rest of my army. :tongue.:

You still get a badge for OOC entries, it still shows off your modelling prowess, and it's still a model ready for the ETL :wink:

Uhhhh..  I actually built something for this event but I primed it.. :sad.:

D'oh! :facepalm:

You can still enter it doing all the above (angle shots, shopping list) and you'll get the participant badge all the same :thumbsup:

...This may be an OOC entry as i am planning on using a pair of Assault terminator legs for the build (being the only legs i have on hand atm).

A pair of legs from one kit is ok (25%).

Matching those with a torso or arms from the same kit would put it in OOC section.

Slight bit of confusion here. The rules say mulitpart plastic kits are unrestricted. A box of Assault TDA can be built in many different ways and styles which is why it's fine.

Just save it for the ETL to paint please... Fancy another go? Loads of time left :smile.:

Angle shots added to the completion post. Heres a funny angle one :tongue.:

med_gallery_105306_14251_51525.jpg

A true hero of the Imperium!

I'm definitely going to think of something more competitive as well :smile.:

Regarding the rules, I really feel that with the way most of the Primaris models are designed, we could allow the usage of legs+torso from the same kit as a legal competition entry. For example: Aggressors (multi-part) have torso front with both thighs cast as a single part. So like 35% from one mini already judging by the current rules. Intercessors or Reivers look strange if you attach non-dedicated legs to a given torso. Just food for thought.

In future editions we will be definitely seeing more and more Primaris models.

Thanks for the update :)

I wont change it for now but I'll certainly take the feedback onboard. When this event was last run in BA-land (2017) and in the Forge prior to this, there were no Primaris. I wonder how Grotsmasha would take them into account... :ermm:

Vow Completed

Front

Left side

Rear

Right side

Angle

Parts Used

Fancy another go?

Thank you. for clarity's sake, the black muck on the model isn't a wash, its the remnants of the primer i had used on the previous models these had been part of. all the alcohol and scrubbing hasn't gotten rid of it after 4 attempts :/ I also added new rear and angle shots as i thought the jet pack plume was hiding a bit too much. If there are too many, I'll gladly remove them.

Thanks for the update :)

It's an interesting effect all the the same and yes, it's legal within the rules. The other angles are fine, there's nothing wrong with bonus content on top of the official ones.

I, Spyros, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash one Lieutenant "Warden of the Blood" (on foot) on or before April 1st, 2019. Success will bring honour to the Blood angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Vow upheld!

When it comes down to kit-bashing creativity, boy, it takes a lot of time to choose...

Nevertheless, here is my 2nd company's "Warden of the Blood" lieutenant.

To better represent his (fluff-wise) command abilities, his helmet has extensive scope and targeters, and his combi-plasma allows him to hurt the enemy while he directs the troops.

Front:

gallery_93095_13791_394876.jpg

Left:

gallery_93095_13791_428671.jpg

Rear:

gallery_93095_13791_367503.jpg

Right:

gallery_93095_13791_364159.jpg

Angle:

gallery_93095_13791_140243.jpg

Parts used:

1. Legs from 3rd ed tactical squad

2. Torso from BA tactical squad

3. Left arm from FW's Damocles Command Rhino crew

4. Right arm & shoulder pad from BA tactical squad

5. Head from multi-part captain kit

6. Back pack from DC sprue

7. Roman leather fringe (between legs) from multi-part captain kit

8. Combi-plasma from BA tactical squad

9. Chainsword from 2nd ed weapons sprue

10. Belt pouches and grenades from BA tactical & 3rd ed tactical squad

That is an excellent Lieutenant kitbash! Nice amount of bits used and I'm definitely going to use that for inspiration should I have time to make one myself!

The left arm is particularly interesting, be it at rest having braced for the plasma shot or simply shielding his visor from the plasma explosions in the distance :tu:

Anything else in mind?

I, Black Guard, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash a Primaris Chapter Master Gabriel Seth on or before April 1st, 2019. Success will bring honour to the Flesh Tearers Chapter, whilst failure is not an option...

I plan for this model to be the starting point of my primaris flesh tearers army.

Welcome to the event!

Seth has previously been a popular choice, seeing a Primaris version of him would be something else! Looking forward to it :)

I, Djangomatic82, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash a Company Champion on or before April 1st, 2019. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

This may be an OOC entry as i am planning on using a pair of Assault terminator legs for the build (being the only legs i have on hand atm).

Nice to see a Company Champion entered!

Would the bulkier leg armour represent a combat shield counts-as?

Updated to here

Vow upheld!

That is an excellent Lieutenant kitbash! Nice amount of bits used and I'm definitely going to use that for inspiration should I have time to make one myself!

The left arm is particularly interesting, be it at rest having braced for the plasma shot or simply shielding his visor from the plasma explosions in the distance :thumbsup:

Anything else in mind?

I 've been thinking for some time now where I could use this resting-on-the-keyboard had, this seemed like the best use. The gun has moved a bit (it will be corrected), it's supposed to be in contact with the gun, bracing for kick-back or checking temperature!

Perhaps I can build the Sword of Sanguinius lieutenant too, we'll see...

Vow upheld!

The left arm is particularly interesting, be it at rest having braced for the plasma shot or simply shielding his visor from the plasma explosions in the distance :thumbsup:

Anything else in mind?

I 've been thinking for some time now where I could use this resting-on-the-keyboard had, this seemed like the best use. The gun has moved a bit (it will be corrected), it's supposed to be in contact with the gun, bracing for kick-back or checking temperature!

Perhaps I can build the Sword of Sanguinius lieutenant too, we'll see...

Shame it moved for the photo, but perhaps he's about to put his hand on it/taking it off?

A choppy lieutenant sounds like a good choice going forward :tu: the forum needs more of them on show!

Thereon is complete.

Parts used:
Front Torso and Legs: Dark Vengeance TDA model
Back: Tactical Terminator Squad
Lightning Claw, Banner and shoulders: Blood Angel Assault Terminator
Various Bits: Death Company chainsword and bolt pistol iconograpy carefully removed and refitted, As well as well as Blood Angels Assault Sprue.

Second Vow: I DBH, Sanguinary Noviate of the Blood Angels Sub-Forum, and first of his name, invoke the right of re-vow, Vowing Radu Phaeron, The Crimson Blade (Company Champion) on or before April 1st. Success will bring honour to the Carmine Blades, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_92746_14190_246082.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_620760.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_654700.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_18646.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_834134.jpg
Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

I, Spyros, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off for the second and last time, and vow to kitbash one Lieutenant "Sword of Sanguinius" (Jump pack) on or before April 1st, 2019. Success will bring honour to the Blood angels, whilst failure is not an option...