'NOW ALL WE NEED IS SKIN'

b567cea62d20dbe01c04c152406c7e03.png

1079368_705183146163732_2020815870_n.jpg

So I finally decided to start a thread for my Daemon army, as most of you know I have an unhealthy obsession with Hellraiser, Body Horror, Gore, non PG13 Warhammer content and naturally this army will pretty much be more of the same.

Currently I have the contents of Wrath and Rapture (or Khorny and Horny as WarAndChaos calls it), another 10 Daemonettes, 5 Daemonettes on Steeds, Daemon Prince and the classic Realm of Chaos era Keeper of Secrets to be cracking on with, so I have plenty to keep me going as well as my 'Hellbound' Slaaneshii renegades.

Last night I knocked up a quick test mini (kinda, still unsure on a few bits) based on Julia from Hellraiser, the loincloth will be painted as skin, corset black or reaaaaaaaly dark purple, and the claws I am unsure on, maybe purple for the claws and black for the corset?? Ideas guys, c'mon don't leave a brother hangin...

med_gallery_75911_12239_482321.jpgmed_gallery_75911_12239_253144.jpg

One thing I will start doing is sculpting a bit of spinal chord down the back to add a bit more detail to the mini, maybe a little bone structure on the face of a few as well so I'm not using duplicate heads (a lot of the Daemonette heads I cant stand, I prefer them bald like the first ed minis). Im thinking about the level of flaying across the force as well, whilst I think a fully skinless army would look good realistically time, motivation, depression and other factors will probably mean Ill get half way through a unit and then move onto something else and forget about it. So there will be some totally skinless, some looking normal (for a Daemon) with for example the skin on their back removed, a butterfly pattern peeled away from their face or Slaaneshii rune or some such beautiful images.

Think Ill leave something less morbid to end the post... Here's a flower...

flower-made-of-human-hands-BHWCHP.jpg

I really like it, but it's hard to comment more as the pictures are as good as mine :P I think a black or off black would be best for the corset, purple might not work well with the nice red or end up looking mostly like black for it?

I wouldn't go with purple either. Since you chose red as the main colour I don't think anything purple would work all that well for your daemons. However if this is just an extreme example and the rest will mainly be painted in skin colours purple might not be a bad idea after all just to tie them together, even if it doesn't look that optimal on this particular model. Maybe paint it purple but make it greasy with blood from the flayed body parts.

So I finally decided to start a thread for my Daemon army, as most of you know I have an unhealthy obsession with Hellraiser, Body Horror, Gore, non PG13 Warhammer content and naturally this army will pretty much be more of the same.

Last night I knocked up a quick test mini (kinda, still unsure on a few bits) based on Julia from Hellraiser, the loincloth will be painted as skin, corset black or reaaaaaaaly dark purple, and the claws I am unsure on, maybe purple for the claws and black for the corset?? Ideas guys, c'mon don't leave a brother hangin...

med_gallery_75911_12239_482321.jpgmed_gallery_75911_12239_253144.jpg

One thing I will start doing is sculpting a bit of spinal chord down the back to add a bit more detail to the mini, maybe a little bone structure on the face of a few as well so I'm not using duplicate heads (a lot of the Daemonette heads I cant stand, I prefer them bald like the first ed minis). Im thinking about the level of flaying across the force as well, whilst I think a fully skinless army would look good realistically time, motivation, depression and other factors will probably mean Ill get half way through a unit and then move onto something else and forget about it. So there will be some totally skinless, some looking normal (for a Daemon) with for example the skin on their back removed, a butterfly pattern peeled away from their face or Slaaneshii rune or some such beautiful images.

Teach me your ways sensei :lol:

No, seriously. I'm making a much more gribbly Word Bearers force (Mhara Gal and Gal Vorbak will be my next FW order along with the Word Bearers Transfer Sheet) and what you're doing here? Definitely something I could utilize.

Also re: the claws and corset: Purple for the Claws, Black for the Corset, imo.

Currently I have the contents of Wrath and Rapture (or Khorny and Horny as WarAndChaos calls it), another 10 Daemonettes, 5 Daemonettes on Steeds, Daemon Prince and the classic Realm of Chaos era Keeper of Secrets to be cracking on with, so I have plenty to keep me going as well as my 'Hellbound' Slaaneshii renegades.

Never not going to call it that now, thank you :lol:

Delightfully disturbing! For the claws, I'm thinking either glossy black or bone-coloured could work- probably the latter to keep with the whole "skinless" theme.

Also, I'm not going to lie, I'd love to see that scheme applied to a really big model like the FW Keeper of Secrets.

Delightfully disturbing! For the claws, I'm thinking either glossy black or bone-coloured could work- probably the latter to keep with the whole "skinless" theme.

Also, I'm not going to lie, I'd love to see that scheme applied to a really big model like the FW Keeper of Secrets.

Ooof, reading that last sentence made me shudder.

• 2 weeks later...

If I do the Daemonettes flayed, what the hell do I do with any steeds of Slaanesh? Cant flay them because the riders will just kind of blend in, unless I just do the 'softer' under side flayed, like the stomach and breast area?? 

If I do the Daemonettes flayed, what the hell do I do with any steeds of Slaanesh? Cant flay them because the riders will just kind of blend in, unless I just do the 'softer' under side flayed, like the stomach and breast area?? 

The underside being flayed sounds like a pretty badass idea, not gonna lie.

Just remembered, I did put a Jojo tag on this thread, sooooooooo gimme your best Jojo poses and Ill try replicate it with some spare Daemonettes. 

Example Jojo poses, using 40k characters. 

Gtsomething+something+jojo+reference+wha

37a.jpg

Even though Im trying for a more 'adult' themed force I still dont take my hobby seriously as you can tell, cant beat a bit of humour now and again. 

Now I will be very disappointed if you don't grab the new plastic Keeper (or any Keeper really, though I feel the new one would work well) and convert it into King Crimson, complete with exceedingly angry forehead and some homebrewed rules that make absolutely zero sense whatsoever. Either that or model a particularly triumphant Daemonette on top of an Imperial Fists Rhino crushing a certain Inquisitor Kujo.

...I've never actually watched Jojo (started reading the manga ages ago though) but the thought of a Slaanesh Daemon army inspired by Hellraiser and JJBA is beyond awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Just worked out my army on Battlescribe, still figuring the programme out so hope I have done this right... This is what I have so far...

++ Patrol Detachment (Chaos - Daemons) [40 PL, -1CP, 741pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Chaos Allegiance: Slaanesh

Rewards of Chaos (1 Relic) [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Infernal Enrapturess [4 PL, 80pts]: The Slothful Claws

Keeper of Secrets [12 PL, 165pts]: Celerity of Slaanesh, Delightful Agonies, Symphony of Pain, The Mark of Excess, Warlord

+ Troops +

Daemonettes [4 PL, 85pts]: Alluress, 9x Daemonette, Daemonic Icon, Instrument of Chaos

Daemonettes [4 PL, 85pts]: Alluress, 9x Daemonette, Daemonic Icon, Instrument of Chaos

+ Elites +

Fiends [4 PL, 126pts]: Blissbringer, 2x Fiend

+ Fast Attack +

Seekers [6 PL, 100pts]: Daemonic Icon, Heartseeker, Instrument of Chaos, 4x Seeker

Seekers [6 PL, 100pts]: Daemonic Icon, Heartseeker, Instrument of Chaos, 4x Seeker

++ Total: [40 PL, -1CP, 741pts] ++

Still need to build 5 of the Seekers and another unit of Daemonettes, then Ill crack on with the painting... If I get my finger out and get them painted soon Ill take them out for a spin against my mates Blood Angels and try get a batrep up.

Seems good enough for 750p. Maybe a bit low on the Daemonette count as they are our real workhorses. I think I'd replace one Seeker unit for more Daemonettes.

Also a Herald for that sweet +1S aura would help your units a LOT. Personally I wouldn't leave the house without at least one. The Infernal Enrapturess is great, both model-wise and rules-wise, but the regular Herald is more important for the overal list imo.

Also be prepared for the Keeper of Secrets to become more expensive soon though, so that would change your list again anyway.

Only have 20 Nettes atm or Id be running multiple max units for the cheeky advantages it brings. Totally forgot I have some Slaaneshii Heralds I made from a Bloodletter and a Plaguebearer, time to alter my list again.

As fot the KoS no doubt people will have issue with mine when the new one drops, Ill still be using my first ed mini. Already had people tell me Im 'modelling for advantage' by using my RoC Great Unclean One and Beast of Nurgle.

Considering how much easier it is to hide the old greater daemon models it's definitely a big advantage so I'm not surprised someone telling you that. Still a silly claim though as you simply use the older models and haven't changed anything about them to actually gain an advantage.

Exactly. I might start telling people they cant use old RTB01 minis for the same reason. Hell if ppl want me to use the new Daemons then they can cough up the extortionate price for IMHO inferior minis.

Speaking of the KoS I have got the first basecoat down on the flesh, managed to do a Fiend and a Steed as well. Ill take step by step pictures of the Steeds flesh as I do it so people can follow what I do if interested. If not at least Ill be posting stuff other than wordy posts. Everyone knows a txt based blogs boring without some pretty pictures.

I can see why you like it, its a beautifully designed mini I do admit.  No doubt I will end up with one eventually, Ill wait till I can snag one at a good price on Ebay one day, wont be for a while though as Im in no rush.

But I think my vision of what a KoS should look like differs from yours, and thats a good thing. Both of ours would look considerably different from each other.  If I did pick up the new KoS, there will be some heavy facial reconstruction going on, and it will be in thigh high heeled boots like the original, and flayed.. :wub:

Could just use my Hellraiser 2 skinless Julia action figure as a KoS actually, slap on some clawed arms and a couple of horns and job done. :laugh.:

+++EDIT+++

Just having a good look at the Fiend before I continue painting, these are pretty damn fine minis. Actually eager to paint it, not felt like this about a mini in a very long time. 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Yeah the new Fiend models are gorgeous. I still have only two of my three assembled and am already itching to paint them. Unfortunately I'm forced to have my priorities somewhere else currently. Stupid adult life. :D

In case you haven't seen it yet:

True, just leave the wave-y bit out and it's just an ordinary Slaanesh symbol. Maybe if you are crafty fill it with clear resin or something too.

Also this:

58784869_2354252984636242_55716101782912

58772382_2354253664636174_27523853344351

58906015_2354248694636671_49891486351207

58916884_2354248117970062_57783920616569

The Keeper is pretty crap for 40k unfortunately. If you don't go first it'll just get blasted off the board turn 1 by your opponents anti-tank. There was hope that the Aegis could help out there but with just a 6+++ I'd rather take any of the other options, really.

Shalaxi Helbane isn't really convincing either since she relies on rolling 6s or just generally well on the damage stat of the spear. S12 is overkill against most characters too.

The only great thing about her is the 6" pile-in move TOWARDS CHARACTERS. So if she miraculously survived long enough to make a charge you can declare some near unit and a character within 6" as your targets, then charge the random unit and then pile-in away from it into the character you want to kill.

Considering that any KoS will be very low on wounds if it gets to charge something I think I'll prefer the regular Keeper with Sinistrous Hand and the relic Witstealer Sword though so it can heal itself up to get shot at another day.

Syll'Esske is as we've already known just awesome and I'll definitely be taking them at 210p.

Contorted Epitome seems great too. No point value for that one yet but as character with <10 wounds, a bunch of attacks and still the Herald aura (so it actually has S6 attacks!) it's basically another no-brainer for me. Between this and Syll'Esske I wonder why I should ever take a regular Herald ever again unless I'm low on points.