Starting Daemons

Master Sheol

I never played a full daemons army but just a unit of bloodletters in my IW army

I bought a Wrath and Rapture box to start daemons as a full army and i loved it so much that i bought a second one and a start collecting of Khorne and Slaanesh Too and ofc the codex

I have also bought Plastic Skulltaker and plastic Khorne Herald and i have a unbuilt Daemon Prince Too

Now what more i need for a fun to play narrative gaming khorne army?

Well a Bloodthirster and some Bloodcrushers. ;)

Other than that it seems you are mostly fine. Got a decent amount of Bloodletters, 6 Bloodcrushers, 10 Fleshhounds, various HQs. There's honestly not much more you CAN add except for Skullcannons and more Bloodletters (not sure how many you already have).

Not sure why the Bloodcrusher part is still there. I actually deleted and replaced it with an “of course“ after I double checked Wrath&Rapture and realised you already have a bunch. :huh:

I'd get more Bloodletters though, so you have one big unit and two smaller units.

All daemon factions have the same problem of the core troops being the best value so for Khorne basically:

Competitive: A relic axe daemon prince, a few heralds and as many bloodletters as possible.

Friendly: Mix in other stuff at the expense of as many bloodletters as possible.

I honestly don't see that as a problem. I love that the battleline units are actually something you want a lot of in your army with the other units just being there to support them. ^^

I honestly don't see that as a problem. I love that the battleline units are actually something you want a lot of in your army with the other units just being there to support them. ^^

The 'problem' is that the other non-character units don't support the battleline, they weaken the battleline by stopping it from achieving a critical mass of target saturation.

Having subpar high point cost units is an advantage if you want a monetarily cheaper lower tier army but it makes competitive list building incredibly bland.

To be fair, competetive list building is usually very bland anyway. But yeah I see where you are coming from and I agree.

The problem is that many units are just too redundant to properly support the battleline unit. Seekers? They are basically fast Daemonettes. Seeker chariots? Fast Daemonettes in green. Exalted Seeker chariot? Fast Daemonettes in a different tone of green. Hellflayer is yet another variation of it. They all want to do the same. Get to the enemy fast and deal damage in form of S3/4 AP-1/-4 D1 attacks. Naturally only one such unit can be the best at it. Alright the Hellflayer has a redeeming feature in form of some S8 AP-1 D2 attacks which is probably the reason why you see that one in lists still but none of the others.

Fiends on the other hand are a great example for a supporting unit. Their main deal is to bind enemy units in melee and to mess with psykers. They are decently durable and have decent damage output but that's not the reason why you take them.

Archived