Ordo...Mine, my Ordo WIP

I've got a few models to paint but it looks like my standing inquisition army will be something like:

Vanguard Detachment (Inquisition):

Inquisitor Coteaz (Warlord)

Acolytes x6 - Stormbolter x6 and Ordo Malleus

Acolytes x6 - Stormbolter x6 and Ordo Malleus

Acolytes x6 - Stormbolter x6 and Ordo Malleus

Jokaero Weaponsmith x3

Spearhead Detachment (Inquisition):

Inquisitor Karamazov

Ambull x2

Inquisition Land Raider Prometheus - Ordo Malleus, HK Missile, Multimelta and Stormbolter

Inquisition Land Raider Prometheus - Ordo Malleus, HK Missile, Multimelta and Stormbolter

Inquisition Land Raider Prometheus - Ordo Malleus, HK Missile, Multimelta and Stormbolter

Execution Force Vanguard Detachment:

Callidus Assassin

Vindicare Assassin

Eversor Assassin

Culexus Assassin

Edited by librisrouge

An all Inquisition army sounds cool, glad you did good and won some games. I've been wondering if full Inq was viable, and this pretty much tells me yes lol. Which is great cause I'm like super into the Inquisition I love it can't get enough. Still going to do DW/Inq for now but eventually I might try it.

Edited by Kolgrim DeathHowl

And then I realized that the battle brothers rule from the most recent FAQ prevents me from taking ambulls in an inquisition detachment...

...so that scraps that plan and leaves me with 140+ points to spend that I don’t know how to spend.

Ideas:

Drop a detachment (the assassins) and take a vortex missile fortification.

Take 3 daemonhosts and figure out how to spend 70+ points.

That’s it. Inquisition needs more unit options badly. Everything is cheaper (yay!) but they didn’t give me anything to spend those points on (boo!) The one inquisitor per detachment rule is killing me! Does anybody know of anything else that can be added to an inquisition detachment that I’m forgetting? Some Blackstone a Fortress character I’m forgetting?

• 1 month later...

Not really an inquisition update but some miscellaneous painting. I got an intercessor body from a bud and mixed it with some bits from the 'ol box to make a Primaris Librarian. My nine year old son started collecting space marines a couple months ago and likes the Blood Ravens. He didn't have a librarian so I figured I'd fix that for him. He'll be getting it on Christmas.

med_gallery_53428_12054_162791.jpgmed_gallery_53428_12054_14869.jpgmed_gallery_53428_12054_50706.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So are the storm bolted Acolytes decent? 

After an approximately two year hiatus, I am finally, SLOWLY, getting some of my hobby mojo back and feeling inspired to finally finish my Ordo Hereticus Strikeforce. Never completing this in the good old days of Codex: Witchhunters has been my greatest hobby regret, but I can basically do 90% of what I could have done then with a mixture of detachments.

The Acolytes that are the price of two Imperial Guardsmen but with the same garbage stats, no orders, and no grenades just kills me though. But if Storm Bolters make them passable that's something.

That’s it. Inquisition needs more unit options badly. Everything is cheaper (yay!) but they didn’t give me anything to spend those points on (boo!) The one inquisitor per detachment rule is killing me! Does anybody know of anything else that can be added to an inquisition detachment that I’m forgetting? Some Blackstone a Fortress character I’m forgetting?

Not that I can think of, and Battle Scribe seems to confirm this. :unsure.:

Yeah. I've check, double checked, and triple checked, and the only way I'm rolling pure inquisition is with fortifications, which suck.

As far as the storm bolter acolytes, they need to get the jump on anything. Killing guardsmen, and that is what they are, is just too easy for any capable army to do. ITC rules let you protect them inside of ruins. I also hide mine inside of my land raiders. Basically, if you have them visible, expect them to die in a turn. That being the case, they need to only be visible if they are going to throw 24 bolt rounds at it or if they're claiming a needed objective. I've also sacrificed them to lock down a tank or walker that wouldn't murder them. That last verbage is probably key; they're sacrificial pawns and to be used as such.

Storm bolters are only good in their context because you need to give them a gun for them to do anything at all. This means, at minimum, the bolter. That means you're taking a 7 pt guardsmen for 1/2 shots. 1 pt more is surely worth it for 1-2 more shots, effectively doubling their ability to contribute for 1/7th more points.

Storm bolters are only good in their context because you need to give them a gun for them to do anything at all. This means, at minimum, the bolter. That means you're taking a 7 pt guardsmen for 1/2 shots. 1 pt more is surely worth it for 1-2 more shots, effectively doubling their ability to contribute for 1/7th more points.

It's even worse, they're 8 points!

Yes, it does. It really does.

:cry:

I’m still of the opinion that acolytes are supposed to have 3W and it was never a “typo” in the index. I think it was to pass them off as a unit of micro heroes and exceptional individuals. GW just caved to the outrage by baby faction players who hated somebody getting a toy they didn’t.