Khorne Daemons Alternative Paint Schemes

BrassClaw

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to start a Khorne Daemon army to help bolster my horde of Khorne. Here's the rub tho, I'm sick of painting red. At least red as the main colour. So I need some inspiration for a colour scheme that doesn't have red as the main colour.

So please feel free to post some models with alternative schemes.   

I'd try to avoid pink/purple, green and blue because those are closely related to the other three gods. However other than those you can take whatever you want. White or black would make great Khorne daemons. Maybe black/dark red like cooled down lava. Yellow would be a very outlandish for Khorne daemons but could potentially look great as well.

See if you can find anyone who has the 7th Edition Khorne Daemonkin codex. It has several variant schemes for Bloodletters. Most of them involve red in some manner, but there was one that was black with bone horns, claws and teeth.

Promethean Painting has a tutorial for doing his Daemons that look like living lava and the result looks really good.

I do agree with sfPanzer though. Avoid the colours of the other gods, so avoid Greens, Pinks, Purples and Blues

The "classical" Khorne colours are red, black and brass. Avoiding red still leaves you with two out of three.

White, black and any shade of grey can look great on all types of daemon, especially if you add bloodsplatter for effect (see here for some "albino khorne daemons"). The same is true for skin colours, were pretty much anything works well on Bloodletters due to their sculpts.

Some inspiration brought to you by the magic of Google image search:

http://www.itoysoldiers.com/sites/default/files/user/u6823/bloodletters%202.jpg

5AZGMKM.jpg

bloodletters06.jpg

1007d3741d0ddafb81bd29a9a05e1486.jpg

Edited by Darnok

Any Khorne daemons I do will be painted in very "cold" colours, ranging from white to very desaturated bluish-grey. I can't find any pictures ATM but the regular demon swordfodder from the first Darksiders should give you an idea of what I'll be aiming for.

Hmm, I digging the white and black flesh daemons. I already have a gray and red army with my blood pact inspired traitor guard.

which one do you think would easier to pull off?

I haven't images to show right now but let me give you a couple of suggestions.

1) Incandescent daemons Most of their body is yellow becoming orange and red the more you get far from the main mass.

2) White with minor details in red.

3) Brazen bodies. Brass is the Blood God's metal, perfect to make his daemon's bodies.

I havent started my blood letters yet. But I plan to make them molten brass rising from blood. So the main body will be brass but the horns, eyes, and swords will be glowing hot. And the base will be a pool of Blood for the Blood God. Maybe I'll creep some of the blood up the legs like they're rising out of it.

• 4 weeks later...
Got some painting done this weekend for my daemons of khorne bloodmaster. I'm doing a alternative paint scheme for them and is still very much a work in progress . Need to figure out what colour to paint the sword and give the model a wash.

D8Ec9M3XsAA0Qly.jpg