The Contorted Epitome and 2.0 speculation

Finally points for the Contorted Epitome. All in all just as expected but now I don't have to feel bad about buying it first. :P

List looks solid for 250p. Definitely need to pump up those Daemonette numbers for higher point games and add something with a +1S aura as well. I'm not much of a fan of chariots in 40k unfortunately though. The Seeker chariot is okay-ish, the Hellflayer is the best and the Exalted chariot the worst due degrading profile on a squishy vehicle imo.

Finally points for the Contorted Epitome. All in all just as expected but now I don't have to feel bad about buying it first. :P

List looks solid for 250p. Definitely need to pump up those Daemonette numbers for higher point games and add something with a +1S aura as well. I'm not much of a fan of chariots in 40k unfortunately though. The Seeker chariot is okay-ish, the Hellflayer is the best and the Exalted chariot the worst due degrading profile on a squishy vehicle imo.

The Enchantress is a Herald so full Herald buffs there.

The Exalted Chariot is stronger in my opinion than the Seeker. Hellflayer is a given, but I wantes sometging Tammy for low point games that can do some damage early game.

My next 250 points will be interesting. Probably going to skip the mirror until I go for 750 and double my Daemonettes for a start.

Edited by Fulkes

The Enchantress may have the keyword, but she doesn't have the aura - compare her profile with an actual herald - so no +1 S unfortunately.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Ah, my mistake there. Guess she has it just to interact with other rules. For some reason I was thinking the +1S was a codex level aura and not a datasheet.

The only codex level aura is the locus. Still, I can understand how you made that assumption.

Mainly by a lack of reading and needing more sleep.

Sadly the only Herald I actually like is the Syll'Esske one since the index ones need updating and the normal one is Finecast.

She is also not a psyker.

Despite the keyword she doesn't actually have much in common with the other heralds.

The various Nurgle ones work the same way, only one has psychic powers and grants the strength buff but all have the herald of nurgle keyword.

Just a quick one:

Does anyone know the size of the Morror that is in the AoS Endless Spell box? Is it approximately the same size as the Epitome?

I still don't like the Epitomes model and the spell might be a good alternative, maybe with a Daemonette leaning out of the glass.

Just a quick one:

Does anyone know the size of the Morror that is in the AoS Endless Spell box? Is it approximately the same size as the Epitome?

I still don't like the Epitomes model and the spell might be a good alternative, maybe with a Daemonette leaning out of the glass.

The Endless Spell mirror is quite a bit bigger. comparing just the actual mirrors the Epitome is 6 cm tall, compared to the spell 9 cm height. The Endless spells is also a cm wider.  Add in the hand holding the Mesmerizing Mirror and it's far taller and on a much larger base.  Which might be a problem depending on who you play since the larger bases will grant it a larger fallback prevention aura. 

If you just after aesthetics the Mesmerizing mirror does have complete detailing on the back, so you could mount it to a smaller bases without the hand holding.  I've no idea how though.

Thanks for that Sersi, I'm actually planning on converting just the mirror into a second Epitome (with a pair of attendants and tentacles grafted on, obviously) and maybe converting the hand that holds it into a really weird, abstract Daemon Prince. "Giant floating hand with a face in the palm" seems very 80s Slaanesh. :teehee:

Thanks for that Sersi, I'm actually planning on converting just the mirror into a second Epitome (with a pair of attendants and tentacles grafted on, obviously) and maybe converting the hand that holds it into a really weird, abstract Daemon Prince. "Giant floating hand with a face in the palm" seems very 80s Slaanesh. :teehee:

Lol.  The first thing I thought of seeing the Slaanesh endless spells was Madame Butterfly from Bayonetta.  We just need a giant stiletto pump crashing down from a portal. In fact I will probably 3D print just that. 

Maybe you could have the hand clutching a giant eye.  Slaanesh's "Slaa-Nulthe" aspect is an ever-staring eye. My favorite End Times memory is the elves in seeing Slaanesh's giant eye staring at them though the vortex, before it reaches through and grabs Morathi dragging her into the Warp. 

From the base to the top of the slanesh symbol on the mirror it is 3 & 5/16 inches (8.6 cm).  The base itself is about 5/32 inches (4 mm) tall.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

I don't know why but the newer daemonettes, both these and the one on top of the prince, seems younger than the old ones somehow...

Softer features in the face perhaps?

I don't know why but the newer daemonettes, both these and the one on top of the prince, seems younger than the old ones somehow...

Softer features in the face perhaps?

They don't look as much like they got hit in the face with a shovel.

That is so accurate :lol: