ETL VII is coming...

A month ago I did not even know what "ETL" means, but I am more than thrilled to take part in this years event! A great opportunity to get me motivated. I have more than enough Death Guard ready to go, and the new Chaos Knight should be available just in time.

GET IT ON!

Commitment though? 

I am strongly thinking about getting this Thousand Son's force on the go & it wouldn't cost me to much ether.  Same time, my Chaos Knight army about to get a few new units thank to Bio & then with Games Workshop recent preview.

Then there few character I still need to add to my World Eater & Death Guards.  As always, adding onto my IW's :biggrin.:

Just as long as I don't get a horrible virus like right now.  I should be ok.

@ Iron-Daemon Forge: You've changed your name. Please don't change the avatar as well, that'll confuse me even more! I'm looking forward to painting with you once again!

@ Darnok: the beauty of the ETL (based on previous years anyway) is that Knights are legal for everyone, so any you already have are gonna be valid from the first day.

Dragonlover

Commitment though? 

I am strongly thinking about getting this Thousand Son's force on the go & it wouldn't cost me to much ether.  Same time, my Chaos Knight army about to get a few new units thank to Bio & then with Games Workshop recent preview.

Then there few character I still need to add to my World Eater & Death Guards.  As always, adding onto my IW's :biggrin.:

Just as long as I don't get a horrible virus like right now.  I should be ok.

Yeah, IP, I assume it's you right? :wink:

Some other subforums already had their "ETL prep threads" up. I wonder why there is nothing like this for Chaos? Activity will hopefully be higher through the actual ETL. :thumbsup:

If I understood last years rules correctly, I can paint anything for CSM, Daemons or the upcoming Chaos Knight codex, and it all counts towards the Chaos subforums. This could be single units each, I don't have to end with a "legal army", right?

@ Darnok: the beauty of the ETL (based on previous years anyway) is that Knights are legal for everyone, so any you already have are gonna be valid from the first day.

To be honest I am not a fan of Knights in "regular" 40K. The new Chaos Knight is just too damn awesome to miss out on. And ETL will hopefully help me getting enough DG painted to have an army worthy of Knight support.

Commitment though?

I am strongly thinking about getting this Thousand Son's force on the go & it wouldn't cost me to much ether. Same time, my Chaos Knight army about to get a few new units thank to Bio & then with Games Workshop recent preview.

Then there few character I still need to add to my World Eater & Death Guards. As always, adding onto my IW's :biggrin.:

Just as long as I don't get a horrible virus like right now. I should be ok.

Yeah, IP, I assume it's you right? :wink:

It is. Even I know the connection to the new name

Some other subforums already had their "ETL prep threads" up. I wonder why there is nothing like this for Chaos? Activity will hopefully be higher through the actual ETL. :thumbsup:

If I understood last years rules correctly, I can paint anything for CSM, Daemons or the upcoming Chaos Knight codex, and it all counts towards the Chaos subforums. This could be single units each, I don't have to end with a "legal army", right?

To be honest I am not a fan of Knights in "regular" 40K. The new Chaos Knight is just too damn awesome to miss out on. And ETL will hopefully help me getting enough DG painted to have an army worthy of Knight support.

I've been waiting for the event to be officially announced before starting a prep thread, expect it within the next 24 hours.

Dragonlover

Some other subforums already had their "ETL prep threads" up. I wonder why there is nothing like this for Chaos? Activity will hopefully be higher through the actual ETL. :tu:

You need to choose a Forum. If you choose CSMs then you can have everything that’s in the CSM Codex plus Renegade Knights from Chapter Approved 2018 and the relevant bits from FW. Similarly, if you choose Daemons, you get the Daemon Codex, the Renegade Knights and the Daemon stuff from FW. Take a look at last year’s various Chaos Outposts to get an idea and feel free to PM me to discuss further. :)

You need to choose a Forum. If you choose CSMs then you can have everything that’s in the CSM Codex plus Renegade Knights from Chapter Approved 2018 and the relevant bits from FW. Similarly, if you choose Daemons, you get the Daemon Codex, the Renegade Knights and the Daemon stuff from FW. Take a look at last year’s various Chaos Outposts to get an idea and feel free to PM me to discuss further. :smile.:

Understood.

How will the upcoming Codex: Chaos Knights be handled? It will most likely be out before ETL VII is over.

Last years event is here, this years rules won't go up till June but I can't imagine them being *that* much different.

Also I got that planning thread started: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/355926-from-the-eye-to-the-vortex-we-rise-anew/

Dragonlover

You need to choose a Forum. If you choose CSMs then you can have everything that’s in the CSM Codex plus Renegade Knights from Chapter Approved 2018 and the relevant bits from FW. Similarly, if you choose Daemons, you get the Daemon Codex, the Renegade Knights and the Daemon stuff from FW. Take a look at last year’s various Chaos Outposts to get an idea and feel free to PM me to discuss further. :smile.:

So, no CSM with daemons and vice versa?  Hmm... that puts me with some hard choices for this year.

So, no CSM with daemons and vice versa?  Hmm... that puts me with some hard choices for this year.

I feel the same, for I have a sizable painted Daemon army that could use some reinforcements. But I will go with Death Guard nonetheless, for they provide me with a new painted army. And I can include most Nurgle daemons in a DG force, so there is some synergy.

Remember that at least the "basic" daemons can be fielded in a CSM army.

Last years event is here, this years rules won't go up till June but I can't imagine them being *that* much different.

Also I got that planning thread started: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/355926-from-the-eye-to-the-vortex-we-rise-anew/

Dragonlover

The rules will be very similar to last year’s. ;)

You need to choose a Forum. If you choose CSMs then you can have everything that’s in the CSM Codex plus Renegade Knights from Chapter Approved 2018 and the relevant bits from FW. Similarly, if you choose Daemons, you get the Daemon Codex, the Renegade Knights and the Daemon stuff from FW. Take a look at last year’s various Chaos Outposts to get an idea and feel free to PM me to discuss further. :)

Well, the ETL was always about making hard choices... :D

Well, with the influx of the new minis for Chaos, participation will not be a problem. Commitment though? well that's the core of it! :D

Commitment?! Do not tempt the fate of the dark gods Semper! Do you realize what it’s like to live in something called the Cicatrix Maledictum? Do have any idea how hard it is to get groceries in such a place? Or a good pizza?

You want commitment? How about no less than 13 Crusades? (We’re talking commitment here right? Not successes?)

I rest my case you’ll have more chaotic commitment than you can handle. ( Right guys?!)