+++Agents of the Imperium Outpost+++

I, farfromsam, vow to complete 6 venetari on or before September!

Better late than never!

Welcome to the team! :) I think you might need to add the points costs in that post for it to be legal, though. The decision is up to Captain Semper, of course.

Still, more golden boys for the Agents! Woohoo.

gallery_48988_15465_167408.png

ONLY 1.5HRS FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS TO JOIN!

JULY 1ST @ 17:00 GMT IS THE CUT-OFF FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS

AFTER THAT, NEW PARTICIPANTS MAY ONLY JOIN AS OUT-OF-COMPETITION ENTRIES

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Welcome to our new reinforcements!

Here's more spam from me; Getting going on the Vertus Praetor riders. If I can stop dragging my feet on doing the bikes and my astrogranite turns up in time I reckon I'll have this vow done this weekend.
ynanD5Kl.jpg?1

Here is one of my stripped custards. As you can see he's still got a pretty golden tinge - probably could have used a bath of straight dettol rather than the diluted one I gave him, but I reckon he's ok to spray over.

Also beware I scrubbed almost every single thighplate clean off - don't lose them!
TCMZAPAl.jpg?2

I, librisrouge, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Agents of the Imperium and vow to complete: 1 Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor armed with a combi-melta and null rod and 2 Inquisition Land Raider Prometheii, each equipped with a multimelta and storm bolter, for a total value of 770 Points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

med_gallery_53428_15422_124683.jpgmed_gallery_53428_15422_574983.jpgmed_gallery_53428_15422_304969.jpg

While the ETL lasts until Sept., I have a tournament these guys are going to on the 20th and will be painted for come hell or high water. I am an inquisition player now, with a full agents army under ITC rules. May He smile upon our purity and bless our wrath.

@ The Finisher: Blue as a spot colour for Custodes? Niiiiiice! :tu:

@ librisrouge: And amazing 5th vow in an amazing performance so far! Good luck and keep us updated with their performance in the tournament! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Oh man, I've been painting for roughly 4 hours today, going over the silver metallics and the red on the Allarus. And currently I'm ansolutely frustrated - it's too warm to paint metallics (25+ degress celsius makes the consistency suck every 5 minutes) and I hate that I built the models before painting. I mean, sure, I wanted to play with them but now they are just a pain to paint and quite frustrating...

And just to rant some more...those weapon heads and spikes - they stick out at quite horrible angles. Makes 'em look good, for sure, but by now I've continually broken off the axe heads and reglued them, while the spikes are pure hell when you transport the army.

I need some cheering up - anyone here feel the paint, too or have some encouragement available? :)

I need some cheering up - anyone here feel the paint, too or have some encouragement available? :smile.:

I feel ya' man. Painting can be something of a drag. As much as I like this hobby, it is certainly my least favorite part of it. I've, sadly, had to turn it into something of a chore or obligation in my head in order to continue. I feel better once it is done but I get almost nothing out of the process. Focus on that end though. The light at the end of the tunnel. The awe and damn deserved admiration as you plop a fully painted and beautiful army on the table. How cool they'll look in your own head as they do battle with the foes of mankind. It'll be worth it.

Also, 25 C! I didn't realize how cool it was there! I'm not trying to diminish your circumstances, since heat is basically just what people are used to, but I use AC here in the U.S. and I keep my house hotter than that because I'm just trying not to be in 100+ degree (F) weather! I suddenly want to move internationally. Maybe that's part of my problem with paints though. Perhaps they're drying too fast since its too hot in my house?

Ha indeed libs my AC ran all day to get the house to 76F (24.5C)!

I find my Red Grass wet palette helps a lot but 8 do have to keep the moisture up in it.

I feel the grind going through 30 Mordians at once has been trying. However could be worse. Distracted myself with my Custard creams yesterday afternoon and messed up with the airbrush so after 2hrs of hobby I was back to where I started including a dropped telemon that had to be reglued. <_<

Ummm... But the moral of story is

Slow down if its becoming a slog. Even 15min a day on my Mordians I'm chipping through them without it being painful and switching up projects briefly helps. Or at least for me.

The end result will be worth it keep it up! :tu:

I need some cheering up - anyone here feel the paint, too or have some encouragement available? :smile.:

I feel ya' man. Painting can be something of a drag. As much as I like this hobby, it is certainly my least favorite part of it. I've, sadly, had to turn it into something of a chore or obligation in my head in order to continue. I feel better once it is done but I get almost nothing out of the process. Focus on that end though. The light at the end of the tunnel. The awe and damn deserved admiration as you plop a fully painted and beautiful army on the table. How cool they'll look in your own head as they do battle with the foes of mankind. It'll be worth it.

Also, 25 C! I didn't realize how cool it was there! I'm not trying to diminish your circumstances, since heat is basically just what people are used to, but I use AC here in the U.S. and I keep my house hotter than that because I'm just trying not to be in 100+ degree (F) weather! I suddenly want to move internationally. Maybe that's part of my problem with paints though. Perhaps they're drying too fast since its too hot in my house?

First of all, thanks for the kind words, guys. Now in reply to libris directly: See, I love painting. It's the best part of the hobby for me, after that comes the lore and only then the gaming itself. I've been painting for 20+ years now(oh wow - just realized that myself), have entered painting competitions quite a bit and all that. Usually painting is my form of zen meditation. But there are days when it just won't work - that's what happened yesterday. I looked at the gold painted armour and just saw all the flaws that had occured during painting. It happens a lot when I paint metallics, only rarely when I paint normal colours. I then went for the red cloaks of the Allarus and my brush control was off - probably because I was too antsy, don't know. So my brush slipped onto the finished armour several times.

Breaking off the axe heads because I had held the model with a finger there (needed some more stability than offered by the painting handle) was another drop in an already full barrel. Then realising that there will be quite a few more areas that will be a pain to reach once the model is built, just had me all ranty-whiny. 

The good news: I'm better today. I know that the mistakes can be fixed and that I will just need way more patience for some parts of the minis. I'm still not happy with how the Allarus are turning out, though. And this is a problem I haven't had with the guardians. It's kinda sad, really, because I love the models for their dynamic, wide poses and all that bling on them, but man, they are a pain to paint. And getting a smooth coat of metallics, with several steps of highlights and all will forever stay one of those things I just struggle with, it seems.  

It will be better once I get to paint some more, fix the mistakes and get more done. :) 

I thought it best to put my actions where my mouth is - so I'm back at the painting table. I'm currently trying to put in use the techniques I learnt at last week's Cult of Paint Brush Skills course I took. Meaning: I'm laying the groundworks for blending the red. It looks rough now but should hopefully look supersoft, once I'm done.

Also, as mentioned before, the axe head broke off. I'll probably have to pin it because of that tiny connection point. :/

Custodes Reds1

Custodes Reds2

The red already looks great! Can't wait to see the blended version and what heresy you performed to complete it :biggrin.:

Thx, duz! I'm quite satisfied with the blendings now:

Custodes Redblended1

Custodes Redblended2

Not much heresy involved really, just picked my base colour (Khorne Red), enhanced the shadows a bit with a very thin shade of Abaddon Black, then blocked in highlights with thinned down Evil Sunz Scarlet.

From there I was glazing the hell out of the transitions with Khorne Red again and added a tiny bit of Carroburg Crimson along the way. At times I would intensify the Scarlet again (still thinned down), then continue glazing. 

I'm willing to go to these lengths, because the gold will always look a bit rough. Having super-smooth standard colours will divert attention from that. :D