+++Chaos Daemons Outpost+++

I completely forgot to mention: excellent to see a second Daemons player with Closet Skeleton!

Looking forward to your GUO and the Fiends especially - just gorgeous models. They make me remember: I am still tempted to get the "Wrath and Rupture" box, despite my Daemons being on the backburner these days...

P.S.: I hope we get some Grey Knights players showing up soon, so you have something to chew on in friendly competition. :devil:

Edited by Darnok

Yeah!  Welcome, Closet Skeleton.  I look forward to your progress on your vow.  I'll "like" it tomorrow when my like limit refreshes.

If we both complete our vows, you'll be about 50 points ahead of me, so I need to get to the brushes if I want to pull ahead. :smile.:

I have two Wrath and Rapture boxes I need finishing. Currently I won't be able to start because its very far from undercoat weather.

Sorry about that, it's fixed now! :)

Look forward for that GUO btw - especially the bell version! 

Interestingly, a Grey Knight has already made an appearance - so do not expect to go through this unopposed!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I like the far right one on the second picture, along with the middle one - but then I am doing a fleshy tone for my Daemonettes also :tongue.: Maybe you need to develop the colours more for a better comparison? For example the second from left of the same looks nicer for the extra colour.

Since it looks like you're experimenting with a colour scheme similar to my Daemonettes, here's how they look in case it might help:

gallery_30308_10249_77899.jpg

I think you're making progress with your experimentation, so keep at it :smile.:

Looks really good Closet Skeleton - is the middle one in the lower pic how the rest will be looking soon? Very nice skin tone... it's good to see you moving aways form the grey-purple-ish used by GW. :tu:

The  bottom middle one is one of the first I did. It looks the best because its the easiest, just one coat of army painted red tone diluted with lahmian medium, most of them are supposed to look like the top row, it just doesn't look as good because its more complicated and hard to get right.

I want a pale pink. Well, pink shaded white but the pink should be pink not the ambiguous dark mauve

I think the main problem is that the base coat wasn't smooth enough.

The  bottom middle one is one of the first I did. It looks the best because its the easiest, just one coat of army painted red tone diluted with lahmian medium, most of them are supposed to look like the top row, it just doesn't look as good because its more complicated and hard to get right.

I want a pale pink. Well, pink shaded white but the pink should be pink not the ambiguous dark mauve

I think the main problem is that the base coat wasn't smooth enough.

Well, pale pink sure works! And the uneven base coat doesn't show at all... Great job there!

I think they look promissing, especially the ones where you've painted their clothes.

For skin colour, I like the top right one and the bottom middle and right ones.  In terms of clothes, I like the 2 on the top right best.

Anyway, keep at it!  Currently I am experimenting as well, on how to do my seekers, my chariots and a banner.

That GUO is shaping up nicely - well, as nicely as is possible for a maggot-blob that is! :teehee:

There is terror inbound from the guys in silver though. I really hope for some more participants for Daemons, and kind of wish I could help you with more than cheers from the sideline. Am I mad for planning next years ETL already, with Daemons then being my prime candidate?

Good work on the Great Unclean One - it's really coming along!  Is the tongue a conversion?  It isn't in your before photo, so its hard to tell (and I'm not very familiar with the model),

I should be done my black daemonettes this evening, and should have photos shortly thereafter.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Finished my black skinned daemonettes (except the banner - I need to think what I want to put on it) which makes that squad half done.

q3wOYca.jpg

oWxX2ey.jpg

In the meantime, I've been working out how to do my seakers and chariot.  The seakers are likely going to be purple scaled with skin the same colours as my daemonettes, then with manes the same colour as the daemonette  riders' hair.

8owvlBN.jpg

Here's some attempts at green hair - neither are quite there, so I'll work at it some more.

6GeUTlt.jpg

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

I'm suitably impressed disgusted with CS's work - and I'm very interested in daemonette skin tone experiments, myself, so I look forward to seeing those finished!

Mostly I feel like I should be here to cheer you on because all I've managed to do recently is finish some bases and partially complete a model I couldn't vow, largely because I don't want to start on Abaddon and his seven friends until Contrast paints are released next weekend.

Edit: By the way, that tail on the top middle daemonette is utterly bananas.

Edited by Ascanius

I appreciate you sticking around and cheering us on - it really helps keep me motivated.  Hope you still drop by once you get your paints.

Lol - that's not a tail, its a horn (the musical kind) - its from the seekers kit.  Here is a picture of the side of it as well as the same piece on a seeker model.

0VxvW9C.jpg

After the beginning part (painted gold) it gets rather fleshy and scaley, so I thought I would paint it like it was a daemon in its own right.

Made major progress on my chariot - really liking how its coming along.  Just need to finish the 2 riders, glue it together, then do some touch ups.  I'll show it off when its done, which should be tomorrow.

I'm used to painting models on their bases (which gives a handy place to hold) but have been painting the chariot disassembled into its major components (the 2 seekers, the 2 riders, the wheeled blades and the chariot itself).  When painting the first seeker, I found that I kept rubbing off the painting I had done, as I was holding the model itself.  So, using a couple of paint pots of colours I'm not using for this model plus some blue tac, I improvised myself some painting handles.  They've really worked like a charm.  Here is a picture of the riders on some.

72X9992.jpg

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui