New Apocalypse Inquisition Unit

So, the new apocalypse datasheets have the typical acolyte, daemonhost, and jokaero options but it also includes a new unit call Inquisition Retinue, which is essentially a 10 man acolyte unit that can replace models with daemonhosts and jokaero but loses the bodyguard rules that normal acolytes have.

Anybody else wanna hype with me and demand that this be symptomatic of some upcoming release, only to be disappointed and despondent if it doesn’t happen?!?

yeah, not to rain on your parade and all that, but that sounds kinda familiar.

i still wonder when we'll see kill team: inquisition as a box with an inquisitor and retinue and a sample chapter of Eisenhorn in the box, accompanied by a flurry of more inquisitor model options. 

It is nice to see something which isn’t just a straight translation from the Index. (We’re that desperate...!)

It will be interesting to see how detachment-building and keywords work in Apocalypse: will we be able to build detachments with all our old, pre-8th edition options or will they be restricted by losing the benefits of being pure-keyword?

I think kill-team is when we’ll see more Inquisition attention. I’d quite like to see a supplement which fills out some of the other small Imperial factions: Inquisition, Ministorum, Astra Telepathica, Sisters of Silence, maybe Assassins, with plenty of scope for mixing (and maybe adding to other Imperium factions). It would also seem like a natural home for the Sisterd of Battle and Rogue Traders. Hopefully that would then lead to some new attention for 40k also.

Addendum: Looks like you keep your pistols if you swap your chainswords for other ranged weapons. “Pistols” seems to be a weapon name rather than a type (they’re Small Arms), so you might be able fire both, if in range.

Unfortunately, no special weapons...

Edited by Plasmablasts