Inquisitor codex?

Hey all I don't post on here much just lurk around alot. I just got back into the game after about a 15 year break. I was a Space Wolf guy, but all my old models are down in FL at my house. I'm in GA taking care of my grandfather he has bad Alzheimers. But I'm probably gonna goto FL around Thanksgiving with my sister so I plan on picking up all my Warhammer stuff and bringing it back up here since I'm living up here now. I been wanting to get into the DW after reading some of the books. So I picked up Start Collecting Deathwatch box and the Kill Team Cassius in the meantime so I have something to do. I've always been a modeling/painting guy and never actually played the game I've watched some games at one of the local shops up here and they said when I finish my army they can show me how to play it.

Here's the question, not really sure if this is the right place to ask. I read a couple Eisenhorne books and really got into the Inquisition, so I wanted to build some Inquisitor army or squad, I know it's basically just an addition to your current army. I was looking for the codex, looks like I need Index Imperium 2. GW has it on an enhanced edition for 20$. But I'd really prefer the actual book. Since I'm not really sure how the enhanced edition works. I have an Ipad, but it's my aunts not sure if I want to put it on there. Amazon has the actual book for 70$ yikes. Is there like a box set that has this book? or are these my only options?

Edited by Kolgrim DeathHowl

If I were you, I'd just pick up Battlescribe and be done with it. No fluff, but it's free and provides all the rules for all the armies, almost always up to date within a day or two of a new release.

If you want the actual book, I can't help you; I don't buy the books in protest of GW's pricing. If I need something I can't do on Battlescribe, like stratagems, I borrow someone else's codex or memorize what I need from my PDFs (as with my BA stuff).

Since it looks like Mono codex armies are getting a big bonus (Space Marine Doctrines etc), I'd Love for Inquisitors to be given some love to give Imperium Soup armies a bit of a boost. Not as good as Doctrines but a versatile Character with lots of IMPERIUM keyword buffs, and a few units would be great.

So you can go Mono Codex for lots of rules boosts or soup for the wider selection of units and access to things like Assassins and Inquisitors. Won't happen though :(

Fingers crossed for Psychic Awakening.  I thought i remember reading that GW said all armies are getting things in the upcoming event.

dampener time...... :( 

Q) are Inquisition Identified by GW as an army? (along with Sisters of Silence & Assassins)

Q) all armies get something... just what is something - a story/fluff only?

Also:Battle Scribe is free, the index isn't. But the index doesn't provide any more info than Battle Scribe. The index has no lore, no pictures, just the rules. So go for the free app, until we get more info on Inq and their followers in White Dwarf, Psychic Awakening or Kill Team.

The inquisition is a huge part of the lore and history of this game. I remember that over the last year or so GW specifically said the inquisition would not get a codex. This was mentioned above that GW felt the inquisition was better suited for kill team.

I also think that this game is going very mainstream so the idea of the inquisition may not fit well with the new happy dark that slowly showing itself. Kids books anyone?

GW is going to partner with marvel, which is owned by Disney. Bad moon rising for me. Again the idea of the inquisition may not last during the current times.

Anyway, if the small armies that came in kill team and Blackstone got codex releases, I’m hoping we’ll see something like that for the inquisition.

Space monkies are hype we need more! Go acolytes go jokaero go =][=

Cheers.

Edited by brother_b