Inquisition in Nov WD

Charlo

Drop pods full of acolytes with special weapons who are all Characters.... Re-rolls against all xenos ;)

Just saw some screenshots. Looks like all Inquisitors will at least have a 5++. :)

Hmm...then what's the point of the Terminator Armour? Esienhorn apparently got cheaper, so there maybe points reductions in general...

2+ save instead of a 4+.

Drop pods full of acolytes with special weapons who are all Characters.... Re-rolls against all xenos ;)

Just saw some screenshots. Looks like all Inquisitors will at least have a 5++. :)

Hmm...then what's the point of the Terminator Armour? Esienhorn apparently got cheaper, so there maybe points reductions in general...
2+ save instead of a 4+.

And built in teleporter deepstrike if memory serves.

2+ save instead of a 4+.

Let me rephrase:

1. Inquisitor - 55 base (assuming 4+/5++)

2. Coteaz - 90 (2+/5++ with relic Daemonhammer no -1 to hit)

3. Terminator inquisitor - 91 (2+/5++ deepstrike, still need to pay for weapons)

^ Cortez hands down is better for near the same survivability - now that he and other Inquisitors get 5++ by default ( they should, but TDA didn't get cheaper nor better to compensate... right?) And they were already way overcosted before, when they had the 5++ advantage..

I get the feeling Daemonhammers (S6 -1 to hit) are still a whopping 25 points on top of the TDA.

^ Unless some tells me I'm wrong...please? lol

As suspected, kitbashed models for Inquisitor units.

Inquisitor in Terminator Armour saved!

Ah, I see. Well kitbashing has been par for the course from the start. I just hope they give more flexible rules then were in the Index. Access to the other Nimmiss weapons perhaps?

Well, based on the Index as long as your Terminator Inquisitor is a psyker you can swap the Daemonhammer for an alternative force weapon...which isn't different stat-wise to some Nemesis Force weapons. So if you have modelled a Nemesis Force Halberd just have that count-as the force axe in the current rules, which is exactly the same stat-wise as the Halberd.

So they reduced the points? By any chance did they upgrade the TDA to T4, and is the psycannon still 20 points though?

Malleus Inquisitor in Terminator armour - 6" 3 3 3 3 6(!) 4 9 2+ 5++

Psycannon - 7 pts

So no Carapace armour for acolytes. What a miss.

Can Inquisitors take power armour?

Inquisitor 6" 3 3 3 3 5 4 9 4+ 5++

Special Character Rules;

Greyfax 6" 3 3 3 3 5 4 10 3+ 5++

MC Condemnor Bolt gun - 24" rapid 1 4 -1 1D unless it hits a PSYKER then 3D

Psyocculum - target psyker/daemon character even if no the closest

Coteaz 6" 3 3 3 3 5 4 10 2+ 5++

MC Nemesis DH - x2 -3 3D no negative to hit

Spy Network - enemy unit sets up within 6" of an ordo Malleus unit can shoot at the enemy as if it was the shooting phase ALSO(!!) once per battle when your opponent uses a stratagem they have to pay an extra CP or else it doesn't go off and the waste the stratagem (handy for those 3 cp fight again ones....whats that you havent got any CP left to make it o 4 oh dear all CP lost :D:D:D)

Karamazov 5" 3 3 5 5 8 4 10 4+ 4++

30" MC Multi Melta, MC Power Sword, Thrones stomping feet - S-User -1 2D 2D3 additional attacks.

Supreme Will - psychic test by an enemy within 12" subtract one from the roll ALSO if an enemy psychic power targets Karamazov then you get a deny against that power.

Eisenhorn 6" 3 3 3 3 5 4 10 4+  (no invun??)

artificer BP 12" - 4 -1 2D

Barbarisater User -3 d3D - +1 to the hit roll

Runestaff +3 -1 d3D

Electrobane grenades 6" 4 -1 1D - against a vehicle d6 - 4-5 1 MW + damage 6 d3 MW + damage

Dread Reputation - -1LD to enemy infantry within 12" 

Glad we can put an inquisitor in an imperium army finally.... makes me happy.  The only thing I am confused on is the "can be included in any other detachment without taking up a slot..."

Does that mean an inquisitor simply doesn't count as an HQ existing outside the confines of a detachment?  Or does that mean you CAN have him count as one of 2 HQs for a battalion, or you could opt to bring him as a 3rd hq in a spearhead if you wanted another HQ?  In that HQs tend to be used as something of a tax, would seem an unfortunate choice if when bringing a batallion of say Deathwatch, you couldn't have your 2 HQ choices be an Inquisitor and a Watch Captain, and instead head to bring a Lib, watch captain, AND an Inquisitor.

Doesn't take up a slot, therefore it doesn't fill any detachment requirements etc

Some nice kit in this little index.

I hope FW updates Hector Rex and the other FW Inq units! I'd imagine they will as it's the 40k rules team and they've generally been speedy with updates thus far.

Hmmm.

Don't like the whole "Only 1 Unit per detachment in an Inquisition detachment" - I mean, I guess I'll just take the Inquisitor and his henchmen as... separate detachments? It's just... weird.

Also, those folks who insist on sticking with that 3 detachment max recommendation have the capacity to shut down Inquisition models.

Still though, it's far and away better than what we had, and I can't wait to a] get my copy so I can read the whole thing and b] get my Inquisitors on the table. Might pick up Eisenhorn too. 

Doesn't take up a slot, therefore it doesn't fill any detachment requirements etc

Some nice kit in this little index.

I hope FW updates Hector Rex and the other FW Inq units! I'd imagine they will as it's the 40k rules team and they've generally been speedy with updates thus far.

Technically, Hector Rex doesnt need the update, as he still has access to the new psychic powers and the player has the option of choosing their preferred WL trait for him. Psychic Mastery gives him 3 psychic powers + smite, 3 casts and 4 DTW (+1 to roll). If GW gives him a dedicated WL trait - anything other than Psychic Mastery would be very sub-optimal. The others need the update though especially with the free 5++ now.

Hmmm.

Don't like the whole "Only 1 Unit per detachment in an Inquisition detachment" - I mean, I guess I'll just take the Inquisitor and his henchmen as... separate detachments? It's just... weird.

Also, those folks who insist on sticking with that 3 detachment max recommendation have the capacity to shut down Inquisition models.

Still though, it's far and away better than what we had, and I can't wait to a] get my copy so I can read the whole thing and b] get my Inquisitors on the table. Might pick up Eisenhorn too.

If I read it correctly, it is only one INQUISITOR per detachment. So you can not bring more than one actual Inquisitor per inquisitorial detachment. So, in one you could have an Inquisitor, then 3 elites (acolyte, Jokaero, Daemonhost). Forget which detachment that is with hq and 3 elite (vanguard)?

My favourite combos I can see so far:

Ordo Minoris (re-rolls against characters)

Inquisitor with Renegade Trait

Psychic Pursuit power

6 Acolytes with your chosen ranged weapon

Space Marine Drop Pod

Depending on positioning you can land these guys 9" away from your opponent on turn 1 and then use the Psychic power to choose a key Support Character and light them up with Plasma/ Melta/ whatever you want with full rerolls!

Meltaguns would work against Character Knights quite well too perhaps? And you could easily get ten in a pod for just over 300pts.

Basically the Drop Pod is the star of the show here using Authority of the Inquisition to relive those 2nd Ed Hereticus Drop Pod dreams.

Barrel of Monkeys with ten Jokaero that all buff themselves. 60 S4 AP1 shots against the right Quarry would be gnarly. They'll soon die and fitting that many into a Detachment is tough but doable. Combine with the Psychic power that stops them being targeted unless they're the closest?

The problem with inquisition armies is going to be the combination of 3 detachments max, only 3 of the same dataslate, and 1 inquisitor per detachment. I’ll be going with 2 vanguard and a spearhead (plus an assassin via strat) but even taking the max of each unit I’m still struggling to fill 2k points without giving my acolytes things like plasmaguns just because.

2+ save instead of a 4+.

And +1 Wound.

The deepstrike is perhaps the best thing here. 9' Deepstrike with > 9' psychic powers is strong. Add in the WL trait for an extra power and it gets silly. Stack the relic Cloak..... The free relic.