Inquisitor retinue questions

Soonish I'll be getting some boxes of necromunda and imperial guard boxes I ordered so I could make some cool conversions for my Inquisitors retinue. Just have a couple of questions. I want to create some trooper type guys to start my Inquisitor's gang. Would they be considered 'acolyte' in the Index Imperium book for the Inquisition, or is there a better choice for them? I also see there are Death Cult Assassins and Crusaders in the Astra Ministorum section, would having them from outside the Inquisition tab be ok? Want to kind of have the weapons covered with rules so there wouldn't be any problems. My other question is would having this retinue of bodyguards count as having a 2nd detachment cause they're not part of the actual DW army I'm using them with? Also where do assassins go if I were to take them? Cause when I got back home to get my SW out of my garage and bring them to where I live now, was considering playing them along side the DW. Trying to make sure I have the rules covered before I start converting

Edited by Kolgrim DeathHowl

So according to the WD links... you can add a single INQ to your DW detachment OR you can take a single INQ detachment (vanguard only - due to the limit of 1 INQ to a formation and all the other choices being elites)

Yeah the only retinue option the INQ now have is the acolyte with their 5+ save :sad.: however that fits the necromunda models ... shame about the scale creep making them bigger than the INQs....

The crusaders & DCA cant be take in the same formation under the battle brothers rule (which is match play only).  So to include them you either need to agree to suspend the battle brothers rule for the INQ detachment or take a 3rd one.... And then you then get the issue that as soon as you take a priest (HQ) to enable you to have a detachment with the DCA & Crusaders they no longer take up a slot* :'(... which means in practise you (currently - this may change on the 29th!) cant take DCA & Crusaders without takes at least a canoness as the HQ (at less than 50 points... not a great tax) or 3 units of sisters to fill the elite slots.

*And if you dont take a priest then you are limited to just one unit in total of arcos, crusaders, DCA & PEngines when in match play....

multiple edits to make it read clearer and make sure all the needed info is there....

Edited by Slasher956

Thanks for the clarification! Ya I ordered a couple different Necromunda gang boxes, so I'll be creating some of the retinue soon. Like I said it doesn't really matter if I do or do not include them in my army, just looking to create some model. I got a cadre fireblade and priest yriel to use with some conversions too it will be fun, just wanted to get the gear rules set so if I did use them they were squared away. I'll come back here and make a thread of my WIP and Inquisitor stuff. I'm on like a super Inquisition kick right now :)

That's what I'm looking into doing I bought 1 of each gang box I got a couple ideas so far. Was hoping they would come in before I goto FL to pick up some stuff from my aunts house just so I could join in on the conversion contest in the Necromunda section. I wasn't really aware they could use storm bolters, I must of just overlooked it. I'll have to buy more SB's from shapeways, I got 5 left hand 5 right hand SB's for like around 20$ forget exact price, I'll look it up later. If you need a link lmk I'll get it.