2k Inquisition, Post-WD

The new WD article saved me about 100 points but also forced me to drop an inquisitor. I'm thinking of using this list now.

Vanguard Detachment (Inquisition):

Inquisitor Coteaz (Warlord)

Acolytes x6 - Stormbolter x6 and Ordo Malleus

Acolytes x6 - Stormbolter x6 and Ordo Malleus

Acolytes x6 - Stormbolter x6 and Ordo Malleus

Jokaero Weaponsmith x3

Spearhead Detachment (Inquisition):

Inquisitor Karamazov

Ambull x2

Inquisition Land Raider Prometheus - Ordo Malleus, HK Missile, Multimelta and Stormbolter

Inquisition Land Raider Prometheus - Ordo Malleus, HK Missile, Multimelta and Stormbolter

Inquisition Land Raider Prometheus - Ordo Malleus, HK Missile, Multimelta and Stormbolter

Execution Force Vanguard Detachment:

Callidus Assassin

Vindicare Assassin

Eversor Assassin

Culexus Assassin

Essentially, I used the points to add hunter killer missiles to the land raiders and add two ambulls (proxied by ambot models) to the list. I don't expect it to be super competitive but I can win a game or two at an event and it is fun to play. I want to add a third inquisition detachment, instead of the assassins, in order to be truly a pure inquisition force. However, that means adding more inquisition units and, probably, a third ambull, just to fill points. While daemonhosts have certainly improved, I'm still not a big fan. Plus, I'd probably have to add an assassin via strategem for points. Either that, or I look into giving things like acolytes plasmaguns.

Can you have Ambulls? I tried something similar and was told it can't be done.

How about a couple acolyte agents? You could even give them like a storm bolter or plasma gun so that they can support your Inquisitors as another layer of defense, and of course you get the rerolls for matching quarry.

What psychic powers you looking to take? Psychic pursuit with the mobile landraider fortress going on? Power through knowledge looks good for landraider invuls. Terrify to support acolyte charges? hm... interesting.

This helps me think about how I want to ally in some inquisitors.

And super crazy thought... since Inquisitors have the authority to requisition forces of all kinds for their "investigations," what about including the Elucidian Starstriders? Make the girl your warlord and you'll get +3 CPs for the starstriders, plus you can still spend 1 for an Inquisitor.

Actually, I double checked and it looks like I cannot take ambulls...sad day. I guess the army has to be shelved for right now until I can figure something out. I'm not sure how to fill the points with only 3 detachments to work with. If I could field some kind of bonus detachment, I would take the starstriders in an instant.

Ya from a pure inquisition army perspective, it's impossible to field in a tournament setting. Many reach back to the days of the storm troops and choose to incorporate tempestus scions as a fluffy fill in for the army.

Admech, scions and adeptus astartes are good allies, competitively speaking.

If you want to stay inquistor heavy, maybe you could explore some super heavy options to fill the points. Knights are cheaper, but you have Baneblades as well as some forgeworld options.

Remember, inquistors can technically requisition any kind of force with their authority you can make anything work fluff wise.

• 3 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, since adding an Inquisitor doesn't affect detachment rules could you not add another one into the Assassin's Vanguard to field your third Inquisitor?

Great question but adding an inquisitor to another detachment is only allowed if you don't have an inquisition detachment. GW really has a hard on about only taking a limited amount of inquisitors. I suppose they think inquisitors never work together but space marine captains always deploy in groups?

Out of curiosity, since adding an Inquisitor doesn't affect detachment rules could you not add another one into the Assassin's Vanguard to field your third Inquisitor?

Great question but adding an inquisitor to another detachment is only allowed if you don't have an inquisition detachment. GW really has a hard on about only taking a limited amount of inquisitors. I suppose they think inquisitors never work together but space marine captains always deploy in groups?

Am damn, hadn't realised there were further limitations.

Wait are you going competitive here? Or is this open play? You can use more than 3 detachments is all I'm saying.

Krash

Yes, I'm hoping to take this to tournaments. Looks like the future of inquisition, if you want to play only inquisition, is either thunder hammer/plasmagun acolytes (sigh) or fortifications.