=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

Okay, another question: can models be primed or do they have to be bare metal/resin/plastic?

The models starting point is anywhere along the line before you call it done. If it's as simple as a fully complete model less the base, you can pledge to base the model for the month and it will count as a completion. The aim of the Challenge is to keep you moving at a pace you're happy with.

*** The sky bled lizards in my dreams, and the stars formed multifaceted rainbows.  Lizards... lizards are always a bad sign.  They always promise great rewards... it they can be taken.  For from the other side of their warp-dreamed mouths they speak of danger... always great danger.

And yet, the promises they speak, shaping themselves into characters that burn the eyes and scar the mind, are too great to dismiss.

We ran the dream through our bank of psycho-cogitators.... 5 banks of 6 psychers died, each failing to process the dire portents contained within.  Then, on the six bank... each gave a golden nugget of information, with the last, the key, coming in the last breath of the sixth.  Six by six... produced the coordinates of a planet.  Such numbers cannot be ignored.  Literally... they worm their way through the mind, sending exquisite shivers pain and demand to be thought of, in the same way as the tongue will  seek the missing tooth.

Damn the warp, six by six.  No matter the risks, the prize must be taken.  For our lord/lady has spoken that it interests him/her... and that too cannot be ignored.  Cannot.

So, the ships of the Judgment set sails on the currents of the warp, guided by my febrile dreams and the dieing screams of the now expired cogitator. ***

I, Dr. Ruminahui, embark on the 12 months of Hobby Challenge on behalf of the forces of Chaos (Emperor's Children) and in the month of January I pledge to complete 3 Fiends.

OQ7bv05.jpg

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Hey Grot, is it fine if the models I finish for January aren't the ones I put in the picture? I realized that I wouldn't be able to finish that squad until AFTER January 15th (gotta do a Forge World order, and I won't be able to do that until the 10th at the earliest), which due to the way the event works, would be problematic?

It'd still be Intercessors, just my other squad (Stalker Bolt Rifles instead of normal Bolt Rifles)

Edited by Gederas

Hey Grot, is it fine if the models I finish for January aren't the ones I put in the picture? I realized that I wouldn't be able to finish that squad until AFTER January 15th (gotta do a Forge World order, and I won't be able to do that until the 10th at the earliest), which due to the way the event works, would be problematic?

It'd still be Intercessors, just my other squad (Stalker Bolt Rifles instead of normal Bolt Rifles)

Yep, all good :tu:

Why does finishing them by the 15th matter?  I thought we had until the 31st, and then should use any CPs we want to use before February 15th... isn't that how it works?

This is based on the following assumptions - please let me know if any are wrong and how:

1.  We make pledges for a given month before or during that month;

2.  We have until the end of that month to finish those pledges;

3.  We score CPs for completed pledges at the end of the month;

4.  We can spend those CPs after we get them until the 15th of the next month.

Why does finishing them by the 15th matter?  I thought we had until the 31st, and then should use any CPs we want to use before February 15th... isn't that how it works?

This is based on the following assumptions - please let me know if any are wrong and how:

I believe the issue to be Gederas needs to order bitz and won't receive them in time to finish them by month's end

I believe the issue to be Gederas needs to order bitz and won't receive them in time to finish them by month's end

Sorry, I get it now. The 15th is only important for SPENDING CP earned in previous months, which won't happen til February 15th for the 2020 Challenge

Might get in on this, is it okay if I jump from Faction to Faction say Orks, Nids, Chaos and my Wolves. I've a heap of different bits and bobs to do and this might focus me to get a few things done.

For the purposes of the campaign, you must pledge to a Faction, as this will determine your starting location and where your CP are allocated. Your chosen Faction does not limit which models you may paint for the challenge. You can paint all of the above listed Armies for whichever Factions you choose.

Sorry, I get it now. The 15th is only important for SPENDING CP earned in previous months, which won't happen til February 15th for the 2020 Challenge

Yeah, I misread the part about the spending of CP, thought the 15th of January was important for it because of that :laugh.:

Then again, I posted that shortly after waking up.... So my brain wasn't firing on all cylinders yet :lol:

Edited by Gederas

Hey Grot.  A little off topic but jealous you have up to the Apothecary with Conquest.  I have been struggling to get it delivered most of the time and seem to be one lot of issues behind everyone else is Aus.  Thinking I might go loyalist for the express purpose of getting Conquest done as well.  Curious how many models a sprue worth of the containers counts as as I am intending to get a Seriously every month this year.

It's been quite awhile since I've participated in a event here but this seems very doable, thanks for putting this on! Hope I don't screw this next part up

I, Spazmolytic, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete for the Gods of Chaos 1 Cultist by month's end.

49304394797_18bfee5a4e_b.jpg

Hey Grot.  A little off topic but jealous you have up to the Apothecary with Conquest.  I have been struggling to get it delivered most of the time and seem to be one lot of issues behind everyone else is Aus.  Thinking I might go loyalist for the express purpose of getting Conquest done as well.  Curious how many models a sprue worth of the containers counts as as I am intending to get a Seriously every month this year.

Yeah, they sent a double Delivery for Conquest. I'm not sure if it was Nov/Dec and I didn't notice they were late, or Jan early? For the Container Sprue, if you paint the container, the barrels, and ammo boxes, that'll count for a Seriously :tu:

It's been quite awhile since I've participated in a event here but this seems very doable, thanks for putting this on! Hope I don't screw this next part up

I, Spazmolytic, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete for the Gods of Chaos 1 Cultist by month's end.

Welcome to the Challenge bud :tu:

I'm interested in taking part, but I want to confirm - if I'm part of this challenge and pledge something in a certain month am I able to pledge that same unit for another hobby challenge (or vice-versa)? Or is there a general understanding to not double-count models as part of multiple pledges?

Cool looking conversion, looking forward so seeing more of it!

I'm interested in taking part, but I want to confirm - if I'm part of this challenge and pledge something in a certain month am I able to pledge that same unit for another hobby challenge (or vice-versa)? Or is there a general understanding to not double-count models as part of multiple pledges?

Yeah, you can promise the same model for multiple hobby events. The main post has an inclusion about doing ETL vows alongside this.

Happy new year!

Following an excellent snag on ebay, and with my Guard and Hulk genestealers lined up for updated paint-jobs, I've found myself going in to the new year with almost 100 models to add to my Cult force. So the general plan is to get them all sorted before this time next year. It may be possible, and there's only one way to find out...

I, Rogue, embark on 2020's hobby challenge, and pledge to bolster the forces of the xenos with a squad of brood brothers, to be completed before the end of January.

brood brothers 2

Yeah, you can promise the same model for multiple hobby events. The main post has an inclusion about doing ETL vows alongside this.

toaae has nailed it, actively participating in as many events as you like is certainly encouraged, and doubling or tripling up events is par for the course. It's about what keeps you motivated, rather than placing too many restriction :tu: