=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

The command bridge of the Dominion of Hate was silent as the message played out. The bridges crew, both Astartes and mortal alike stood stock still, their eyes fixed on the holographic green image as it played out. Only the ships minimum servitor crews were still in motion, their limited cogitators not programmed to show any interest to the astropathic communications relayed to the ship's command. As the message finished its call for help the bridge remained in silence, all waiting to see who of the three commanders would speak first. All were surprised when it was the wizened High Captain.

" We must send help," his stern voice said as he stared pointedly across the holographic image at the other captain in the room, " We owe the Heralds of Devastation an honour debt. One that must be repaid!" His opponent took the bait.

" An honour debt as old as the Heresy, or close enough to mean so little now. We are too few, and those we do have are of my Primaris brothers, we owe no such debt." the giant on the other side of the command deck roared in a belicose tone.

" You are part of the Chapter, are you not? Or is the claim there is no Eleventh House only appropriate when you so wish?" the wizened captain demanded. The Primaris Captain on the other side of the deck drew himself up to his considerable height. Even amoungst his notably taller Primaris kin he was a giant. He positively dwarfed the High Captain of the Fourth House. He was about to retort when a stern voice from the shadows commanded them both to stop.

" Enough," the skull helmed warrior demanded from the darkened corner where his black baroque armour blended with the shadows. " This... bickering is unbecoming of both of you. Stop acting like children and start acting like Captains of the Star Leopards." his words were as a stinging slap to the two captains and they fell into silence. " We will send aid," the Master of Sanctity said before turning abruptly and leaving the room. He didn't even wait to hear the mumbled, " Yes, Brother Argent," of the High Captain.

---

<<ALL UNITS: BE ADVISED - SUPPLY CACHE IN AREA - SECURE AT ALL COSTS >>>

<<COMMAND ACKNOWLEDGED - ELEMENTS OF INTERCESSOR SQUAD ULTIMA ON ROUTE>>

gallery_36568_16061_57590.jpg

I, Brother Argent, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete 1x Armoured Munitorum Container and accompanying bits as well as three Primaris Intercessors to the defence of the Imperial Faction/(or possibly the Xenos - depends on numbers by months end if Grot allows it) by month's end.

Edited by Brother Argent

Ok guys, I've mad two amendments to the Campaign Rules, quoted here for convienience,

gallery_48988_15094_3504.png
The Seriously Badge, awarded for 5+ models completed in a month, is worth 2CP

It's worth noting, that painting 6+ models WILL NOT earn additional CP, their Attack/Defense rating will still count to your Army and Faction totals.

Earning additional CP for Participating in other Events

To encourage participation in Events around the B&C, you will be able to earn additional CP by participating in those Events. As the Events appear, I will mention their inclusion, and how many CP are on offer for those Events. Typically there will be +1CP per Tier of achievement. For example, The Call to Chaos has 6 Tiers, concluding with Warmaster, earning the Warmaster reward would earn you 6 CP here at the conclusion of that Event.

To ensure CP are awarded correctly, please ensure to quote your Pledges and Completions for other Events here in this thread.

The first Events to qualify for additional CP have been announced, The Titans of the Heresy II, and Loyalty and Treachery V, each having the potential for an additional +5 CP in April..

+++ Message Incoming ... +++

+++ Decrypting ... +++

+++ Priority Transmission: Legio IV:VII Grand Battalion +++

+++ Authority: Alpha +++

"Brothers! The armies of the corpse-emperor marshal to the Voltronus system, to the rescue of our waylaid cousins. The mewling descendants of the first legion will be there in force, and we expect other elements to converge on their location. Further transmissions and intelligence will follow."

"Show them the folly of crossing the stellar void within reach of our domain. Destroy them."

I, Llagos_Tyrant , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete 2 Obliterators, 1 Exalted Champion and 10 Cultists to the defence of the Chaos Faction by month's end.

+++ Message Ends +++

+++ Message Signature: Warsmith Tullaris +++

Most of these models were part of my failed Call of Chaos vow, but were not based during that challenge. There are also details I want to work on. Still working on my lighting for photos.

49312444991_b36e9f504b.jpg

49312652257_62d40b1f25.jpg

49311946218_a075298f5d.jpg

49312445126_ab8f7e8c1c.jpg

49312444951_d48cdc0dbb.jpg

Edited by Llagos_Tyrant

Not bad for a few hours of work.

5ygDv3L.jpg

Not gonna get the Speed Daemon this month, but definitely gonna be finished with them by Sunday.

I would love to play a traitors vs loyalist Iron Warriors game of 40k. At least I can dream, and we can face off in this challenge.

Quick update. Guardians are done. Just need to pick up a couple of bits for the bases. Hopefully finished by the weekend.

med_gallery_141590_15861_226961.jpg

Ran out of likes again, but nice job on the guardians they turned out really nice!!

Was going to wait til my sister got back from vacation with my digital camera but I remembered I have a picture of this squad already taken. First time doing a vow in one of the challenges so let me know if my pledge is right I can edit it if I need to.

I, { Kolgrim DeathHowl } , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of { January } pledge to complete { x9 Veterans with SB/SS - Deathwatch } to the defence of the { Imperium } by month's end.

IMG 3467 (2)

Edited by Kolgrim DeathHowl

I, toaae, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete 20 grots and a Bonebreaka by month's end, and pledge my efforts this year to the cause of the Xenos faction!

med_gallery_14776_14614_3814.jpg

med_gallery_14776_14614_212579.jpg

Gotta get them done for LVO, so it's bundle deal this month. Started the grots yesterday (who were just green with some red).

Edited by toaae

Oh, I also forgot to include my repledged Slow Plod Pledge of an Imperial Knight Preceptor for the whole year:

gallery_36568_14038_77739.jpg

Oh, and here is an update of the interior of the Munitorum container before I glued it together:

gallery_36568_16061_125428.jpg

Happy with it for something people will hardly ever see.

Kolgrim, good to see you getting involved! This was my first challenge a year ago, its really fun. Everything looks good to me with regard pledging.

Ah toaae, I was hoping you would pledge. We're a bit short of frater in the xenos camp!

Hey grot, I'm sure this has been asked, but just to clarify, if I were to join the L&T event, would I be able to use CPs earnt with the xenos faction as it's Horus Heresy event? Plus would the model count add to the attack/defense total for my army?

Kolgrim, good to see you getting involved! This was my first challenge a year ago, its really fun. Everything looks good to me with regard pledging.

Ah toaae, I was hoping you would pledge. We're a bit short of frater in the xenos camp!

Hey grot, I'm sure this has been asked, but just to clarify, if I were to join the L&T event, would I be able to use CPs earnt with the xenos faction as it's Horus Heresy event? Plus would the model count add to the attack/defense total for my army?

Yes, and Yes. Just make sure any L&T vows are posted (with pics) here too, any any CP, Attack/Defender will count to the Xenos Faction

Well let's start this off then..

I, Focslain , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete a Stormsurge to the defence of the Imperial Faction by month's end.

Pict is from earlier as I have gotten a little more done.

Busterwip1

I'm just going to paint what I have, though currently working on the Unknown II group as Tau.

I'd also like to pledge the following year long project:

I, Focslain , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the year of 2020 pledge to complete a knight construction bay to the defence of the Imperial Faction by year's end.

Baywip1

If that is ok?

I hope this is eligible, because it's a bit of a weird one, but I'm not going to get round to painting my base edges (sooo tedious) unless I vow it, so, here goes...

I, Marshal Friedrich of the Black Templars, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete all my planned base upgrades for all my models on small bases (except for Inceptors) by month's end.

February I want to do the bases for my Redemptors, Repulsors, Invictor and Inceptors. I've got bigger things planned for them.

EDIT: I forgot a before photo - basically all of the left side of this image.

7Olotwp.jpg

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

Hit me with a random roll, chief. :cool.:

Any specific Armies you'd like to veto?

Nothing particular, no. If I end up not liking the roll, I'll find something else but I like having a random shot at something first. :)

Hit me with a random roll, chief. :cool.:

Any specific Armies you'd like to veto?

Nothing particular, no. If I end up not liking the roll, I'll find something else but I like having a random shot at something first. :smile.:

Cool. The dice gods have spoken, a 2 and a 5. IFoR, Imperial Agents, or HH: Loyalists, Blood Angels.