=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

An explosion rocked the plains surrounding the ruined Hive; the first of many in the weeks to come. Stepping from the crater came a figure clad in armour black as night; a lone vanguard for the forces descending from orbit. Pausing on the rim, he looked to the city on the horizon. Soon, he mused, the Inviolate Rage would be claimed for the Ruinous Powers, the Loyalist dogs scattered before their might.

'No time like the present', he thought. Stepping forward, he began the long march to the ship buried in the ruins of Vatarus Primus.

12 Months   Vow 1 - 1

12 Months   Vow 1 - 2

12 Months   Vow 1 - 3

12 Months   Vow 1 - 4

(Complete!)

It was always busy in the strategium of the 12th Host aboard the 'Chalice'. Tasked with foraging far ahead of the advance of the Imperium Nihilus' forces by the most honoured Lord Commander Dante, Lord of the Angelic Hosts and Regent of the Imperium Nihilus, the small strike force was effectively on a never-ending crusade, bringing slivers of Emperor's light to everywhere it was needed. And it was needed everywhere as never before since the dark times of the Heresy.

Mandos was young for his golden armor according to the Blood Angels traditions. But then so was everyone else wearing those suits and wings in the Chapters of the Blood. Much has changed after the Devastation. He was perfectly aware of the significance of the honour he has been given along with the responsibilities it carried. He accepted both with humility and determination. Mandos would not let his gene-Father down.

He approached the serf that has just communicated the need for Sanguinary Guard's attention and listened to the human's crisp report assimilating the data and devising possible response plans with inhuman speed.

Voltronus system. So far have they foraged through the tumultuous stars. It mattered not. What mattered was that Imperium needed them once again. And so there was no real choice at all.

- Inform the Commander of the Host - he told the human serf. - I will go.

+++++++

I, MAJKHEL of the Blood Angels, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of JANUARY pledge to complete 1 Sanguinary Guard to the defence of the IMPERIUM Faction by month's end.

med_gallery_105306_14251_222146.jpg

Edited by Majkhel

@Dwango

Sorry for the delay, was killing xenos wednesday.

So as shown, you file out the center of the flyer flight stand and glue in a cut down standard flight stand.

Generally if you cut off the nub the top is the right size for the hole in the bottom of the fighter. You can add a pair of magnets on either side of the hole on the model and just make sure your polarities are correct on the base for extra support.

Stand

Since your wings are stuck in the closed position the nub should be enough. The fighter is pretty centered in the closed config.

Nightwingclose

I need to replace my magnets as it's listing a bit in the open config.

Nightwingopen

@Dwango

Sorry for the delay, was killing xenos wednesday.

So as shown, you file out the center of the flyer flight stand and glue in a cut down standard flight stand.

Generally if you cut off the nub the top is the right size for the hole in the bottom of the fighter. You can add a pair of magnets on either side of the hole on the model and just make sure your polarities are correct on the base for extra support.

Since your wings are stuck in the closed position the nub should be enough. The fighter is pretty centered in the closed config.

I need to replace my magnets as it's listing a bit in the open config.

Ah I see. I was thinking of drilling a flight stand but hadn't worked out what to use as a dowel. Very ingenious! I shall be stealing that. Thank you very much.

Hmmm........ killing xenos Wednesdays. It's a bit wordy but I think it could take off.

Ah I see. I was thinking of drilling a flight stand but hadn't worked out what to use as a dowel. Very ingenious! I shall be stealing that. Thank you very much.

Hmmm........ killing xenos Wednesdays. It's a bit wordy but I think it could take off.

Yeah, the piece that is in the center of the fighter isn't too big. Once I get new magnets added mine should hold better. It sits on the base pretty well and I just move it forward to deploy the wings.

On that note, you might want to add a weight or three under the base to give it even more stability.

Just remember to barrel-roll across the table and you'll do fine.

Steps echoed down the ancient hall, as a towering figure strode towards an ancient teleportarium. Stepping into the chamber, he paused, musing on the words spoken earlier. A Warp Gate had been discovered on the surface below, and it was imperative that the gate fell under their command. To ensure their capture of the Inviolate Rage was unhindered, he was to secure the gate so they could pass through unhindered.

A low whine echoed through the chamber, slowly rising in pitch. The figure felt the corners of his worn lips twitch for the briefest of moments, then with a crackling surge of actinic light, vanished, his destination far below.

12 Months   Vow 2

I, Arakos the Corruptor, hereby further pledge one Obliterator for the Glory of Chaos and Lord Abaddon by month's end.

Death to the False Emperor!

For the glory of the IVth Legion! Iron Within! Iron Without!

49368095377_09c05cd00d.jpg

A rifle section of the Numerean 4th Irregular Militia. 

The Numerean 4th are frequently deployed alongside the 7th Grand Battalion of Iron Warriors as fodder and support troops. They have filled this role since the populace of Numer were enslaved by an Iron Warriors invasion in M34. Thousands of years later, the descendants of those captives have embraced the anarchic violence of their masters and forgotten the cause of their damnation.

49367419308_80a4bd14f9.jpg

Erasmus Arruk, Exalted Champion of the Iron Warriors, 7th Grand Battalion, alongside two Obliterators identified as the 'Conductor of Agonies' (left) and the 'Herald of the Tempest' (right).

Erasmus Arruk has fought with his Legion since the time of the Great Crusade. Once a formidable Warsmith, his true talent was with a blade. His warband was on the edge of defeat in the face of an Ork Waaagh! when the Iron Warriors 7th Grand Battalion intervened. In exchange for his fealty, the Orks were routed.

The Conductor of the Agonies was once a revered member of the Iron Warriors' renowned devastator squads. Malen Vern's love of violence has infected his soul, and has fused his being with the weapons he once fired on the Imperial palace.

He had won the colours of a close quarters fighter, and the badge of the line infantry, but Callus Imoore had a love of heavy weaponry. It was at the Siege of Terra, as his weapon blazed against the holy walls of the Imperial Palace that he succumbed to the Obliterator virus, and became something more.

January vow complete.

Well here is the in progress image of my Intercessors for this challenge. Lots to do, but I'll get it done. :biggrin.:

*snip!*

Cambrius

Is that a Contrast Purple? If yes, which one, and over which base? It's pretty darn close to what I'd like for my Heralds

Yes I tried the Shyish Purple Contrast on the middle one. But I did mix it with a little of watered Xereus Purple as the coverage didn't go as planned, I'll be giving it another go with some different models later on with this project to see if I can create a decent purple to match my old Vanquishers' use of Liche Purple.

There has been some further progress over the last few nights however, with the base coat of purple and silver all done, so it's a little smooth. Got a coating of Runefang Steel next on the silver parts and then onto some other areas of attention that are smaller prior to washing it down.

med_gallery_26154_4148_993708.jpg

Cambrius

Strike.
Strike.

Short burst from the Angelus. No time to reload. Sidestep and strike.
Jump pack ignites and launches him through the air toward another foe. Strike
Strike.
How long has it been?
A sudden crackle of vox in his ear and a voice from far away.
- Mandos. Brother. I heard your call. I'm coming.

I, MAJKHEL of the Blood Angels, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of JANUARY pledge for the second time to complete 1 Sanguinary Guard to the defence of the IMPERIUM Faction by month's end.

med_gallery_105306_14251_568533.jpg

Edited by Majkhel

+++ MESSAGE INCOMING +++

+++ SOURCE: UNKNOWN +++

+++ SIGNATURE: UNKNOWN +++

+++ ENCRYPTION CYPHER: NONE +++

+++ MESSAGE BEGINS +++

+++ (phlegmy coughing) +++

+++ THE BLIGHTED HOST HAVE COME. +++

+++ WE BRING THE GIFTS OF FECUND DECAY AND DEATH TO THIS WORLD. THE INVIOLATE RAGE WILL FALL, +++

+++ DISCARD YOUR FEAR. THROW OFF THE SHACKLES OF YOUR CORPSE GOD AND YOU MAY YET BE SAVED. +++

+++ NURGLE BLESSES ALL +++

+++ PICT CAPTURE DECODED +++

+++ MESSAGE ENDS +++

I, Arklhanist, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete 4 Plague Marines to the defence of the Chaos Faction by month's end.

http://i.imgur.com/LJLVP0Eh.jpg

I've been spending the last few months painting for The Other System (and spending some time with my kids!) but it's a new year and I fancy painting something well, new. So I've also signed up for Facing the Unknown 2, and will start with working out my scheme for my warband. Between Conquest and Dark Imperium I've picked up quite a few Death Guard unintentionally, and want to try some things very different from my usual. Never actually done chaos, for some reason.

Lastly - modelmates Rust Effect is back, under a new name (modelmates old parent company, dirty down). This stuff is simply magic rust in a bottle. Been husbanding my last half-dried-up bottle like liquid gold, but the new one just arrived yesterday and I can't think of a better army to test it out on!

I mean, just look at this and tell me it doesn't scream Death Guard :smile.:

wFsgZ4d.jpg

Edited by Arkhanist

I mean, just look at this and tell me it doesn't scream Death Guard :smile.:

Your image won't show because there was a hotlinked image blocker on it.  That said, I would love to see that weathering product on some death guard, seems a natural fit.