Psychic Awakening: What do you want to see?

MasterDeath

I assume someday (in the very last book) the Chaos Daemons will get their share of PA goodness. What would you like to see? I can only speak for the Nurgle part, but  would like to see:...

- A stratagem called "Warp Breach" or something. Basically a mass summoning independant from characters. It could be a once per battle, three summons within character range but it doesnt care for movement. 1-2 CP, probably 2.

- "Reality Blink", refill a unit as if you rolled a 1 for morale in a unit with icon.

- Diseasing terrain features, like in Age of Sigmar.

- Relics. The Nurgle ones are pretty garbage. Anything would be more useful than the current ones. Improving DG aura maybe? Or Mortal Wounds on a 6 to wound as Aura? 

- Warlords Traits, the -1 to hit is ok, but the rest is again garbage. GW, if you want us to use a Mortal-Wounds-on-4+ Aura at least give it a good Range. 12" sounds ok.

- Khorne hurling skulls. You remember these hilarious Warp Storm abilities in editions past? I want them back.

- While we are at it. Warp storm maybe? As a pure daemon army ability?

Edited by MasterDeath

Daemons could do with a fair bit of help, I think that the ability to return lost models would do a lot here. Most daemon units are quite squishy, and recreating the endless horde almost feel would be great on top of the obvious table top benefit. Otherwise a bonus to summoning, it makes sense that daemons would be better at it at the least because if daemons are already present in number the veil is thin indeed so it should be easier to bring forth more.

Something that makes running a brigade using units from multiple gods viable would be cool.

Would be pretty cool to see a detachment that requires units from all four gods. 

Other than that... a detachment using all hounds and Karanak would be awesome! :D

First wish: bring back Warp Storms. I would do away with the random table (personally, it always felt like a chore to me) and instead allow the player to unlock cumulative abilities with a dice roll, that represents the warp storm getting worse as the game progresses. Think Combat Doctrines where the abilities are cumulative but have to be activated with a successful dice roll.

Second wish: bring back Daemonkin, but for all gods. Basically, just give bonuses to detachments that use either KHORNE, SLAANESH, NURGLE or TZEENTCH as the detachment's common faction keyword, and that also include HERETIC ASTARTES units. Provide them with unique warlord traits, stratagems and relics.

Third wish: extra Locus options for mono-god detachments (i.e. allow players to change their god's default detachment bonus).

Warp Storm would be great, I loved the chaotic nature back in 7th.

Also new WLTs and Relics, I think there are only very little good choices at the moment. Same for Stratagems. Most of them are either rubbish to beginn with or they are to expensive.

And last: Locus option would be amazing to get a little more diversity into the army.

News: New rules for daemons are not that far off https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/24/from-aelves-to-zoats-previews-from-lvogw-homepage-post-1fw-homepage-post-1/

Rules for these units (and the upcoming Archaeopter!) will be available in Engine War, the latest thrilling instalment in the Psychic Awakening series. This supplement will see the war for the Imperium’s soul kick into high gear, as Imperial Knights, Chaos Knights, the Adeptus Mechanicus and Daemons of Chaos battle amidst revelations of hidden sub-cults, twisted schemes and even more surprises…

The only thing: As they are stuffed into a book with three other factions, I fear they get the chaos treatment of Warlord Trait, relics and Stratagems divided by four, because of chaos.

Edited by WarriorFish
Format fixed, quote added

I am hoping for some usefull aura centered around greater daemons. I´d like to have a chaptermaster equivalent, if not just rr 1´s would help.And something ala hosts so we can differentiate builds/armies. 

Khornate access to mortal wounds, an FNP for more than one warlord, advance and charge, tougher bloodthirsters, and strategems worth a damn that aren't just banner of blood and fight again.

Maybe a bloodtithe or blood prayer mechanic that gives them these things, and change bloodthirsters so they all gain more attacks as they're wounded? Then strats that let slain bloodthirsters come back with X amount of wounds like a knight and heal when they murder.

Hm the main problems for Slaanesh Daemons are not having good high strength attacks to deal with some of the tougher targets and, as it is for every Daemon army, getting into melee in the first place. Now admittedly Slaanesh Daemons already get to advance&charge when in Locus range, +1 to advances and charges per unit upgrade and have a good base movement stat so that even Daemonettes have a 19.5" threat range on average. Not sure how that could be improved by additional rules except for perhaps giving them re-rolls on top of all that. I just know that if we get a new set of Loci to pick from I'm 90% sure that I won't trade away the default advance&charge for Slaanesh anyway.

As for the quality of the attacks ... that probably won't change for a while since it kinda requires getting new units. Perhaps a Stratagem to have Daemonettes do 2 damage when rolling 6s (not that I would like having to roll 6s, but it would fit GWs approach to these things).

Maybe you could pick different Loci for different characters or detachments or you can change them during the game like Combat Doctrins or Ad Mech Canticles. There are options to get more variety in our special rules.

This would be an elegant solution. Have a choice of Loci for each god that you can choose from before the game, and add stratagems that allow you to change to Locus during the game.

I imagine there won't be a lot of changes until after Chaos Daemons 2.0 is released. We'll see though.

Agreed, PA so far hasn't been releasing updated datasheets for existing models so I doubt we'll see any direct buffs to specific units.

Just to manage expectations here: we'll almost definitely see warlord traits, stratagems and relics (and, of course, a name generator!). Everything else - expanded subfaction rules (i.e. Loci), psychic powers, etc - is possible but it's equally possible we won't get them. 

Edited by Cheex

With what's been put out for Guard so far as another army lacking in GW's love I'm feeling that there's a good chance for Daemons. In particular Scions getting anything at all is enough to take note, more so when it looks like they're getting something decent :tongue.: As mentioned there's no big fixes to be had here, but some decent army wide rules and Stratagem additions can make a difference even if that's just on an individual unit scale.

I have a mixed feeling. PA helped a lot of armys, but beeing in a book with 3 other factions isn't a good sign to begin with. Especially since we already know that Ad Mech will most likely get a bigger portion since there will be at least 4 new Datasheets for them in addition to the generic Stras, Relics, WLTs...

Can't wait for the book since I have 3 of the 4 armys :yes:

I have a mixed feeling. PA helped a lot of armys, but beeing in a book with 3 other factions isn't a good sign to begin with. Especially since we already know that Ad Mech will most likely get a bigger portion since there will be at least 4 new Datasheets for them in addition to the generic Stras, Relics, WLTs...

Can't wait for the book since I have 3 of the 4 armys :yes:

Well two of them are just Knights and there's no upper limit on how many pages a PA book can have.

Edited by Panzer