My Sisters of Battle

FelipeFlops

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I've been able to do a couple more models here and there but the pile of unpainted sisters is still mounting up.

Sisters to be painted

Have switched to a blue background when taking photos as it turns out taking photos of a black and white colour scheme on a black or white background is rather problematic.

Sister Superior w/ Book

Sister w/ Heavy Bolter

First foray into Sisters on its way!

The models look great :smile.: May I ask what colors you use to paint the white parts? Unless you just used a basecoat.

Whites are a base of White Scar, then a wash with the Apothecary White contrast paint. It's a subtle effect but adds a bit of texture to an otherwise solid block of white.

First foray into Sisters on its way!

The models look great :smile.: May I ask what colors you use to paint the white parts? Unless you just used a basecoat.

Whites are a base of White Scar, then a wash with the Apothecary White contrast paint. It's a subtle effect but adds a bit of texture to an otherwise solid block of white.

Thanks. I'm gonna get a paint for the haircut on my models today so I might give it a shot.

Sounds like the release of the second sisters wave was perfectly timed since all GW shops, production and distribution has been closed.

Over the weekend I got myself;

2x Canoness

2x Imagifier (sort of)

2x Seraphim Squad

1x Dialogus

Should keep me busy through the lockdown.

Onto completions;

Got my fleet of flying babies underway (never though I'd ever say that);

Fleet of Freaky Flying Fetus'

Canonesses are done, really like how understated you can make them, they are nuns after all;

Canoness #1

Canoness #2

Finally, I got hold of the VH sister from the Triumph box to make an Imagifier so I can have a little bit of variation between the two I will run;

Imagifier #1

Sounds like the release of the second sisters wave was perfectly timed since all GW shops, production and distribution has been closed.

2x Canoness

2x Imagifier (sort of)

2x Seraphim Squad

1x Dialogus

Onto completions;

Canonesses are done, really like how understated you can make them, they are nuns after all;

Finally, I got hold of the VH sister from the Triumph box to make an Imagifier so I can have a little bit of variation between the two I will run;

The imagifier looks great :D Aswell as the canoness. Lucky you you bought the models just before the closing, I did the same. I bunkered up with a couple of tanks, imagifier, seraphim and battle sisters. And canoness aswell. Any painting tip for my canoness? I'm gonna give her a condemnor boltgun and brazier, love the look of those.

2x Canoness

2x Imagifier (sort of)

2x Seraphim Squad

1x Dialogus

Onto completions;

The imagifier looks great :biggrin.: Aswell as the canoness. Lucky you you bought the models just before the closing, I did the same. I bunkered up with a couple of tanks, imagifier, seraphim and battle sisters. And canoness aswell. Any painting tip for my canoness? I'm gonna give her a condemnor boltgun and brazier, love the look of those.

Many thanks! Yeah I regret not picking up some more Exorcists, only have one at the moment. Hindsight's a b***h.

Only painting tip I have for the canoness is don't glue her to the rock she is standing on before painting as you will really struggle to get a brush up under the cloak to paint the inside. Fortunately I do that with all my models as it means I have to finish painting before I can use it, no grey plastic on the table for me! 

2x Canoness

2x Imagifier (sort of)

2x Seraphim Squad

1x Dialogus

Onto completions;

The imagifier looks great :biggrin.: Aswell as the canoness. Lucky you you bought the models just before the closing, I did the same. I bunkered up with a couple of tanks, imagifier, seraphim and battle sisters. And canoness aswell. Any painting tip for my canoness? I'm gonna give her a condemnor boltgun and brazier, love the look of those.

Many thanks! Yeah I regret not picking up some more Exorcists, only have one at the moment. Hindsight's a b***h.

Only painting tip I have for the canoness is don't glue her to the rock she is standing on before painting as you will really struggle to get a brush up under the cloak to paint the inside. Fortunately I do that with all my models as it means I have to finish painting before I can use it, no grey plastic on the table for me! 

Nice :) Yeah the coats can be a bit tricky, so I might try that out.

I really like the use of the blue background. Great idea to be able to show your colors better. Your army is coming along nice. I understand about being locked down, same here. Been building my knight for my sisters and painting some on my sisters. Still hard when you really want to be at work ( I like my job). Keep up the good work and don't go stir crazy. Edited by Dread

More completions!

First squad of Seraphim are complete;

Imagifier numero dos is finished;

And finally hot of the completion presses... The Dialogus!;

Nice! Imagifier is a very good looking model, I got myself one and painted the relic in gold. It was fun painting it.

Nice! Imagifier is a very good looking model, I got myself one and painted the relic in gold. It was fun painting it.

Thanks!

Yeah I had though about doing it gold, though liked the idea of it being slightly different to the other one, which I did paint the icon gold for.

• 2 months later...