Warhammer 40k Risk Announced

SirJyo

The 40k FB page posted a link to another licensed product that is upcoming, Risk!

https://theop.games/2020/04/risk-warhammer-40000-board-game-coming-soon/

A crossover like this was inevitable I guess.

It seems fairly low on model count for your standard risk game.

Thoughts?

Edited by SirJyo

Have a look here: https://theop.games/products/game/risk-warhammer-40000/ This page lets you zoom in a little on the pics.

Could be a good source of Adeptus Titanicus basing material? Depending on scale and level of detail.

Edited by Brother Adelard

They need to just get it done and release a WH40K "Axis and Allies" cross over. That game had so much better tactical feel than Risk.

Not all risk games are the same, risk Europe has attack phases based on unit type, seige weapons, and tax collection. Plays like a Axis and allies lite. Risk is more of a brand at this point.

Seeing as there only about 10 tanks/infantry in the images of assume this version will also be divergent gameplay wise

Edited by SirJyo

I kind of want it, just to double it as a Risk boardgame and use it as a big physical map with actual territories for a Vigilus 40k Narrative Campaign.

and just like that you have convinced me to buy a copy. 

The 40k FB page posted a link to another licensed product that is upcoming, Risk!

https://theop.games/2020/04/risk-warhammer-40000-board-game-coming-soon/

A crossover like this was inevitable I guess.

It seems fairly low on model count for your standard risk game.

Thoughts?

Finally, a Vigilus Campaign that doesn't suck :teehee:

Is this the first time the word 'Grimdark' has actually been used on official product, licensed or otherwise? 

Maybe not the first time but it's striking by its placement right on the cover. It's certainly been used in WHC and other marketing material, though not always as the single word, but there's rarely a reason for it to be used in this exact fashion on a GW product.

Is this the first time the word 'Grimdark' has actually been used on official product, licensed or otherwise? 

No, not by far. ^^

As Sandlemad says, it's definitely featured on the site but that's always been in that tongue-in-cheek web copy tone. For the company to embrace the phrase so strikingly on an actual product speaks to the internet's power to determine just what 40k is these days.

I thought GW went bankrupt.

Where do you get this info? GW seems to have a lot of spare cash to hand at all times and cleared their debts, according to their financials, or are you trolling?

I think he meant that the interpreted the "risk announced" in the title as GW going bankrupt, instead of the board game.

Edited by DeadFingers