The Unofficial LPC-BA Outpost (event support)

Jolemai

I, Leonaides, vow to complete a single brother of the mighty first company of the Blood Angels, the Archangels, for the Glory of the the Blood Angels chapter and forum on or by the 15th of August 2020, or bare the Badge of Shame until year's end.

With his storm-bolter and power fist shall he smite the grey-hued foes of the God-Emperor forever more.

gallery_19254_1203_14352.jpg

So, got my backside in gear, undercoat can ready to go and am now WFH for a month or so. The plan is to have this guy painted tomorrow evening (in a separate friendly paint a model in a night challenge with local gaming buds). Time to kick this pig.

gallery_19254_1203_181490.jpg

gallery_19254_1203_108978.jpg

Leonaides reporting a completion of an angry Archangel. Someone appears to have scratched his paintwork but i think he'll make them regret it...

(of course seeing the blown up images i also see a few touch-ups which need to be done - always the way!)

Any thoughts on what to put on his kneepad? I'm wondering about a crenelation down the middle in black, into the white half of the pad...

Excellent job Leonaides! Love the Fist. The chipping across the model is great and really nice job on thlowing eye-lenses. 

The only thing I would point as missing is the rope on which the little Aquila icon is hanging ;)

But still - a fantastic model and you did it justice

No worries appiah! It happens to all of us at one point of time or another. Definitely don't force yourself into this, don't walk around it. Work something else and after some time, check if your motivation returned. If not, repeat the process. Take care! :)

Every time i see that first image i think its a painting, not a model...

Now, because im not going to just paint and run - i have a few options for some more fine upstanding astartes to enter into the LPC to help support. Any preferences on one of the following:

Another SM Heroes Terminator (probably the cyclone guy)

or

SM firstborn tactical marine

or

Landspeeder (the first one i'll paint since they made the plastic version - not going to lie, i think it looks ugly compared to the sleeker but still bulky 2nd ed versions)

gallery_19254_1203_151158.jpg

I'll just leave this here... (and the lovely original box art paint scheme below)

gallery_19254_1203_5856.jpg

But - do i do an oldstyle paint scheme as above, or try for a more modern version (less orange and cartoony)? Do i go for the white-armoured captain/sergeant or red? Thoughts appreciated gents/ladies/xenos fiends...

Edited by Leonaides