the BIG 9th edition room

I asked two legit questions. There are some big differences in the two versions of Mephiston as well. I check around for rumors - sources such as Fahrenheit and others provide a lot more details in general. And I think we should be able to freely ask questions, don’t you? I’m still waiting for my Angron and World Eaters over here Med. Edited by Black Blow Fly

Even if the BT thing never comes, it will not be Valrak's fault, nor it won't make him a liar. He is simply a dedicated person who shares his every bit of info with the people who thinks on the same level of enthusiasm as him.

I humbly thanks Sete and Valrak for, after all these years at least I can feel the vibe in my stomach.

Oh btw, the way GW and lore goes, you can see the hints that Black Templars will really come in some way. Whether it will be a a good BT book or a Primaris character reveal or another way that we cannot foresee but Black Templars are coming either way.

Edited by Marshal Mattias

Tbh the only thing that will say primaris is the lore.. those models will surely come with non standard armor like the old models already did…

What most players call primaris, is simply a better scaled, more detailed model. Which it seems to be…

It would have made a difference if they would have kept the firstborn to 1 wound, but they didn’t despite the lore stating primaris are more robust and able to take a harder beating …

So what exactly does it need for you to accept the model as „primaris“?

I wonder if BT will get either Grimaldus or Helbretch on a Saint Catherine Style base?

Helbrecht has the fancy base, it's not big its basically this artwork into a model :smile.:

tumblr_pk70rlFMN31vjjcaco1_1280.jpg

I have this poster (and a Grimaldus one) hanging on my wall framing my display cases for my models. 

Thanks again Valrak! Can't wait to see it!

Once more for those that may have missed it:

You do not have to believe rumours.

You can state your scepticism.

You cannot spam the thread restating this position repeatedly.

You should be respectful to others, regardless of whether you share their opinion.

This goes both ways. Please re-read the forum rules if you need reminding.

If you think a post is breaking the rules, you may use the 'report' function to inform a moderator.

There will not be another friendly warning.

I would rather not have to lock this discussion, but I don't want to have to come in here and clean up any more personal attacks/arguments.

We're all here for the same reason, so let's remember that when we post.

Heck I hope primaris crusader squads are a mix of primaris-ized armor marks, would be the most unique primaris unit, as of the release.

This sounds thematically cool (I remember a line from the old Codex: BT about the ad-hoc nature of Crusades, so I'd like to see units fighting as in the artwork for 40k - terminators, crusaders and neophytes, shoulder to shoulder, against the enemy), but I were wondering how it could be implemented rule-wise. I mean, I don't see much purpose in it - the classic Crusader Squad with a mix of Initiates and Neophytes at least had a clear-cut distinction in the form of different armour saves (not that it made much sense for a long time to mix them in the first place).

With a Primaris Crusaer Squad, would they mix T4 armour marks (Phobos and the regular one)? If so, there doesn't appear to be much sense in it, apart from adding complexity coming from the mix of relatively similar weapons since there isn't much variety when it comes to special weapons in the available Primaris arsenal (some melee weapons for sergeants and hellblasters' plasma variants). Or would GW mix T4 and T5 armour, adding the option to field a mix of Gravis- and non-Gravis troops with maybe a hidden metla?

Having said that, however, these mixes of Primaris units isn't in line with the spirit of Crusader Squads - them being a form of master-apprentice training. I'm not at all into Primaris lore, so maybe Phobos troops are 'newbs' while Intercessors are the more experienced brothers, but it doesn't appear to be the case, does it?

The best we could hope for is for GW to do new Neophyte models to fight alongside Primaris dudes.

Heck I hope primaris crusader squads are a mix of primaris-ized armor marks, would be the most unique primaris unit, as of the release.

Having said that, however, these mixes of Primaris units isn't in line with the spirit of Crusader Squads - them being a form of master-apprentice training. I'm not at all into Primaris lore, so maybe Phobos troops are 'newbs' while Intercessors are the more experienced brothers, but it doesn't appear to be the case, does it?

The best we could hope for is for GW to do new Neophyte models to fight alongside Primaris dudes.

In fact Intercessors are full battle brothers and Phobos troops are newbies. Not neophytes but not that experienced. 

Rumors said there are new Neophytes