Your grey pile of biomass/shame

Xenith

• 3 weeks later...

Added a Lictor recently. He's built, but not painted or primed. motivation has been low.

You'll get there. I aim to run the paint challenge soon, the last few weeks have been so busy!

Knocked out the Termagaunts this morning.

Good work!

I picked up 3 more biovores at a decent price...added to the list!

I’ve been off my Nids for a little while but with lockdown easing I need to get them painted before I play some games.

I have a Harpy/Crone (any advice on which one to build would be appreciated!)

12 Termagants, 8 Genestealers, 4 Zoanthropes, 3 Hive Guard and a Carnifex.

Should keep me out of trouble for a bit!

I've given up. Just not happy with the painting, don't like building them really and I need a million troops (exaggerated). I just can't. some day nids, some day

I've given up. Just not happy with the painting, don't like building them really and I need a million troops (exaggerated). I just can't. some day nids, some day

That's a shame. Did you give contrast a try? the troops killed me also, but that all changed with contrast. Otherwise, I recall you wanted like 120 gaunts in your army - can you consider a less model intensive list?

That's a shame. Did you give contrast a try? the troops killed me also, but that all changed with contrast. Otherwise, I recall you wanted like 120 gaunts in your army - can you consider a less model intensive list?

It really comes down to building them. I really don't like the models at all. I am not happy with my own personal painting either, and yeah I did contrast. Lack of skills I guess. it was just soul crushing. Maybe when their new codex comes out. I just can't build all those gaunts I need to be competitive. Literally couldn't get through 1 box. lol Feelsbadman

Dusting off my nids after a long time in hibernation.

Did most of the little gribbles many years ago.

To build or paint:

Tyranid Prime

Mawlock

Trygon Prime

Exocrine kit x2

Haruspex

Two metal Hive Tyrants

Plastic Hive Tyrant

3x Finecast Hive Guard

Just ordered a box of Zoanthropes as I have 2 each of metal venomthropes and Zoanthropes. That will let me field legal units, and build a Neurothrope.

Struggling to resist the urge to order another couple of Zoanthropes boxes to replace the metals - need to be good and get the big guys built first!

Yes, you need to at least try to be good - success rates vary :laugh.: I have one of the metal Zoanthropes, I am tempted to make him the Neurothrope. I also need to get him done before I can remotely justify getting more :tongue.: Don't forget to keep us updated on your progress with pictures in a WIP topic :thumbsup:

Hadn't thought about converting one of the metals into a Neurothrope. He would certainly look different, but I am trying to move away from metals to plastic at the moment.

Might be tricky to convert the metal also - the plastic parts all fit the plastic models. If they're the 3rd ed zoans with the separate hats on bulbous heads, the current plastic zoan crest might fit over it.

Otherwise, 2 metals+ 1 plastic modern zoan will look cool, kind of like an alpha beast, same with the venomthropes, then you get a new plastic zoan also.

One thing, the zoan box is ace, and you can almost make all 6 models from it - the only bit you lack is the tails and the front thorax piece - if you can find a way to get hold of more, you can make all 6 models from the set. I used a press mould to make more of the chest pieces, and I converted a gargoyle body into a tail to make my zoanthrope.

gallery_58096_13272_68207.jpeg

Edited by Xenith

Took three Hive Guard and three Tyrant Guard off my list.

Hadn't thought about converting one of the metals into a Neurothrope. He would certainly look different, but I am trying to move away from metals to plastic at the moment.

Might be tricky to convert the metal also - the plastic parts all fit the plastic models. If they're the 3rd ed zoans with the separate hats on bulbous heads, the current plastic zoan crest might fit over it.

Otherwise, 2 metals+ 1 plastic modern zoan will look cool, kind of like an alpha beast, same with the venomthropes, then you get a new plastic zoan also.

One thing, the zoan box is ace, and you can almost make all 6 models from it - the only bit you lack is the tails and the front thorax piece - if you can find a way to get hold of more, you can make all 6 models from the set. I used a press mould to make more of the chest pieces, and I converted a gargoyle body into a tail to make my zoanthrope.

I didn't even go that far, I used some extra tentacle-ish bits to cover the gap and made my Venomthropes as just floating gas bags with tentacles. Edited by TheNewman

Primered the 32 Genestealers from my two Battleforce boxes today. Used Army Painter Necrotic Flesh (Nurgling Green). I hope to have them assembled by end of the week. I'll post pics at that stage.

I'll be using Chaotic (Khorne) Red on the carapaces and Agrax to 'brown' everything into a more earth-tone pseudo-camo pattern.  When I get down to doing detail it will be a Xereus Purple in the red sections, an Flash Gitz Yellow in the Green.

• 2 weeks later...

Primered the 32 Genestealers from my two Battleforce boxes today. Used Army Painter Necrotic Flesh (Nurgling Green). I hope to have them assembled by end of the week. I'll post pics at that stage.

I'll be using Chaotic (Khorne) Red on the carapaces and Agrax to 'brown' everything into a more earth-tone pseudo-camo pattern.  When I get down to doing detail it will be a Xereus Purple in the red sections, an Flash Gitz Yellow in the Green.

You should absolutely get involed with the ongoing Tyranids Painting Challenge!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/370147-a-bugs-life-the-tyranids-painting-challenge/