Mini Toy's n That

Lord_Borak

Z is about 1:220 if I recall correctly, while Titanicus is around 1:270 so bits like containers should certainly be useable. Larger vehicles like trucks look fine,too.

Very true! Luckily enough vehicles in the 40k universe tend to be chunkier than their real life counterparts. :)

I'm trying not to look into Z scale stuff to be honest. Otherwise I'll go mad on terrain like my Necromunda Board.... It's lucky (also annoying) that Vanguard Miniatures has been out of stock on its scenery for ages.

Anyway, as promised some based Titans! Although I feel they're a bit monotone and boring. Do you think I should add something to them? If so, what?

dUqJ7Qe.jpg

KDVsbK0.jpg

ItyRHnk.jpg

aX1CfKN.jpg

8Wle005.jpg

vicFxwI.jpg

IRjguSL.jpg

BfW1ocx.jpg

cmk1ZbI.jpg

They could use a bit more variation in rubble size and elevation. Medium sized chunks tend to cluster around the biggest chunks.

...and either spackle or some other filler makes some easy "rolling elevation" to keep things from looking too flat.

Good shout. I hadn't even though to do that and now I'm kicking myself. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to go back and add things like that to these bases but I certainly will on the Warlord........... and the other 15 Titans I have waiting to be done.

I have started the Warlord. God this thing is a beast in terms of detail. I spent about 5 hours blending the White from Ulthuan grey to pure skull white but the pics make it look like it's just been sprayed white lol. Oh well..... The pictures are more to prove I've actually been working on something :biggrin.:

Oh, and some Reaver weapons snuck into the picture there as well. So there's proof I have actually finished something else. (please excuse the messy paint station!)

BIWtC3f.jpg

Edited by Lord_Borak

This is in no way an implication of how much I paint but half of my paints are the original GW Hexagonal pots.... So a lot of these new fangled paints I will be unfamiliar with! I'll have to have a look at this Corax white. Ulthuan Grey usually overs in two coats though so it's not so bad. It's just getting the blend smooth is all. One day I'll invest in an airbrush.... Especially as I have 20 more titans to do. Emperor help me!

Having been a keen follower of the Celestra - Ulthuan method for years, I was also dubious about Corax, as I was not impressed with Ceramite. It's too unnaturally white and covers badly. But, having seen a few YouTubers, including Duncan Rhodes and Darren Latham recommend it for models which were off-white highlighted, I thought I'd give it a go.

Corax is off white, slightly whiter than Ulthuan, but still grey enough to be highlightable with White Scar, and if covers well as a base.

Ok. Well, when GW stores re open I'll be paying them a visit :D 

Todays mission completed! The purple is done. Again it looks a little Tron like but I'm hoping, as before, the gold trim will calm it down. Tomorrows job is the black although it will probably take me tomorrow and the day after :(

aqw2Gob.jpg

hGK69E7.jpg

Oh, any ideas on what colour to do the little shields on his shoulders? I'm kinda at a loss. and where do you put your Legio symbol??? There's not many flat surfaces for decals.

New Warlord is looking awesome! :tu:

Oh, any ideas on what colour to do the little shields on his shoulders? I'm kinda at a loss. and where do you put your Legio symbol??? There's not many flat surfaces for decals.

Well... The issue is you didn't use the pads that allow for that :lol: There's an entirely blank pad section piece for Warlords, one for each shoulder. That's for the Legio Symbol transfer

I generally go with one of the shields for the Legio symbol. I also put a split transfer in the shoulder Titanicus symbol. Another option is to have it on banners, or just generally on any flat surface going - though admittedly there aren't very many of those.

That's looking lovely Lord_Borak. You could put the Legio symbol inside one of the shields or on one or both of the thigh plates if you preferred, keeping the shields for more 'personal' heraldry. Doing that would mean you could use spot colours or similar in the shields.

New Warlord is looking awesome! :thumbsup:

Well... The issue is you didn't use the pads that allow for that :laugh.: There's an entirely blank pad section piece for Warlords, one for each shoulder. That's for the Legio Symbol transfer

I never claimed to be smart, ok? :P Did you used to be on Librarium Online? I recognise the Avatar...

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll see if I can squeeze the legio symbol in one of the armour panels some where but a banner between the legs sounds like the best bet as I had planned on doing them for everything Reaver upwards.

Well, turns out the black only took me about 4hours to do so I got that done in a day. The gold on the other hand is proving to be much more of a job that I had thought it would be. Still, the gold is almost done!!

A few questions. There's a band around the main vents/exhausts on the top/rear. Should they be gold? 

hNF6982.jpg
oPfxjj7.jpg
u8aOYAY.jpg
YCsJxfE.jpg

Another plug for Vanguard miniatures (I should start charging them really). I picked these flak guns up on the off chance they'd work on the strategum bases...

v8Metgn.jpg

Thanks guys. I've been practising my glow effects and will be doing some blue/white glow effects on the vents when I find the time. I had done a green glow effect on my battered reaver but forgot to take pics.

I finished the gold and started the silver (it's just leadbelcher). I did get the little shields done although I'm still deciding on heraldry for the other pad. 

Zd8cdK6.jpg
COiN4M9.jpg
F06tUIx.jpg
H0z0Zha.jpg

I grabbed a couple of Warlords off ebay and I just realised one of them was a bit damaged and had dents in the armour and rivets were worn off in placed. Which sucks and I have no idea which person I bought which one from! So I decided to just make another force of titans! :D I'll do a 1500pt force of the yellow and Red/black checked Titans. I had intended for him to be charging forward about to shoulder barge something but I messed the pose and he's a bit too hunched over I think. I doubt I'll be able to pull him apart to fix him now so he is how he is!! I also went and removed every imperial eagle as well (you'd be surprised how many there are). Battle damage and additional armour plates to come!

NkcsLsJ.jpg

2z7Sv2g.jpg

Well....... I wont disappoint! Or, maybe I will?

I had a day off and managed some 'me time' (which is immensely rare now I'm back at work) and got the silver done and started doing some detail work! Eyes/lenses. Pipes. Neatening up. That sort of thing. There's still loads to do. I even had a crack at some glowy plasma effect on the Vents but not sure I'm happy with it to be honest with you.

YCeD3sU.jpg
H0VUafl.jpg

I also started painting my 'other' warlord. The Yellow is just washes, two highlights and then more washes but I think it might need some more washes to darken it down. Again I tried some glow effect on the vents but I think I'm gonna need some more practice at this to get it looking good. I'll be cracking on with the diamond pattern on my next day off.

Oh, I need a name. Maybe Sordidum Senem? (Dirty old Man)

TPUwzU2.jpg
ZF1g29L.jpg

I'm really not sure where I'm going with the Yellow/Red Titan force. I havent yet settled on a maniple although I know I want another Reaver armed with two chainfists. I wanted a very aggressive force but fairly low in tech (Think Urdesh counts as) so wanted to stay away from Belicosa and laser weapons. So, any suggestions on maniple? Or what to add to the list? It works out that I have about 400pts left (after the warlord and 2 reavers)

Edited by Lord_Borak